The online racing simulator
why doesn't anyone drive the lx cars?
Any thoughts? Just had a look at the online car usage stats... do people find them too hard to make a setup for? Or just plain don't like them?
If anyones interested, I made the following lx4 set the other day. Easiest lx4 set I've driven by a fair way, landed me half a second better than wr time after a few races on westhill.
P'raps I'm just a little kooky, I'd just like to see more interest in cars other than the fast, downforce things...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdriver/LX4_blackwood_rev.set
We've had a very well supported LX4 evening on Dead Men Racing. There's stiil 6 people on now.
Currently the Guru Public server is set to LX4, LX6, RAC and FZ5. Starting the first of January there will also be a new Guru server dedicated to one class of car for 3 months at a time in support of a project we are working on.

The racing over at Deadman Racing has always been good fun though, go check them out.
the LX's suck (at least with mouse ) and i dont like that they " swim " around all time...almost impossible to drive straight with them..also same with RAC , and MRT...
but from power / weight they r nice...so...i will see if it gets better with a wheel and if yes, i will be one more person who drives them
They swim??? Ehhh they are probably the most precise cars of the road car bunch.... of course, with mouse they cannot be driven with the best feel
i do any chance i get
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
LX4 is fun to drive but LX6 is way too brutal for my driving skills.
I would drive the LX cars, if I still played LFS
#9 - Renku
If anyone would oranize an Endurance race with LX4, I'd drive in there .
The LX6 definitely is my favorite car. It's such a blast to drive a good lap with it! I really like the feel of it and the precision of how you can point its nose where you want. Plus it's got no turbo shit. It's just a matter of understanding how to push those cars, but once you do, they're really awesome.
Couple of weeks back i raced the LX4 on Fern Gold and thatawesome for a weekly race a couple of us do....was about a 1:30 hour race....i still race it lots but not a car i go searchin for on the servers...i should actually because its a nice drive!
From the moment I unlocked S2, the LX4 and LX6 have been the Ones. I'm so much in love with them, that I still haven't driven but few laps with them. I want to raise my level of driving skill before I hop into them. I really don't want to wreck them. They're... everything.

They're kind of my garages jewels. Just polishing and mending, 'till I'm fully prepared.

Kind of mental illepall
Quote from Batterypark :I would drive the LX cars, if I still played LFS

Why don't you play then?
Sir Elwood is rubbing it in... he plays that new King Kong game
the lx6 ist really nice, the lx4 is just boring. i saw lots of lx4 on kyoto national yesterday, so i can't really agree with the topic.
I must admit, I don't use the LX-4 much. I just don't see it available
much online. Recently, I think Digiserve had it on one of their servers.
I also think the LXs are alot easier to use in S-2. lol I was barely able to do a lap w/out crashing the LX-6 in S-1. I wish there was more LRF servers too,
but here in the states, I'm happy with whatever i can get that's populated.
I noticed a few posts here say that they think the LX is too hard. I don't think so. I figure it's a little harder than the GTT, if that.
Quote from Fetzo :the lx6 ist really nice, the lx4 is just boring. i saw lots of lx4 on kyoto national yesterday, so i can't really agree with the topic.

Driving LX4 with the other TBO cars is like walking next to a brontosaurus.
The Lx cars are very difficult to drive with Keyboard
#19 - axus
I made a simmilar post a while back... http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2466
it pretty much gets answered there. They aren't as challenging to drive as in S1, so the pro racers avoid them. The beginners think that they are uncontrollable beasts, which they are not with a good setup.
Had a great league race with LX6s on FE Club a few weeks ago. It's really a blast to try and keep 'em under control for an hour or so.
Quote from deggis :Why don't you play then?

At the moment there's nothing in LFS to keep me interested. Mostly I'm playing GTA:SA and NFS:MW now.
Well as soon as that damn PC hardware gets here I'll be heading straight for the LX4 as I drive one in the real world too. Hopefully I'll be quicker in the game than I am in real life

I'll be very interested to see how it 'feels' in the game compared the addicive mix of exhileration and sheer terror from life on bumpy, potholed, slippy roads . I was very impressed with how the demo at MPH handled while I was getting it all wrong in the tight bends - to cross a thread: anyone know what car was setup for that?
#23 - axus
illepall

Quote from Batterypark :Can you please flame me

:noob: :hihi:

Quote from Fetzo :the lx6 ist really nice, the lx4 is just boring. i saw lots of lx4 on kyoto national yesterday, so i can't really agree with the topic.

I saw that server too, the car is quite boring on that track, it's not twisty enough.

I prefer the LX4 to the 6 myself, there's actually enough grip for the power.
The LX4 is nice for rallycross, but driving the LX6 is just too painful for me. To evade those sudden oversteer you need to go straight over any bumps because otherwise it just... does her thing. And needs to be very gentle with the throttle. I just like to have some small drifts in and out from the corners...Like throwing the FZR in BL is just mmmmhh nice.

The RAC is nice, but for me the tail gets very very very (very very) loose and unpredictable at higher speeds. Nice car with good setup!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG