The online racing simulator
Rac GTR (in s3 please :P)
(70 posts, started )
Cept he parked it in the wrong part of town and somebody stole his rims....

Great Pic tho
Quote from bbman :Why the bonnet scoop?

I think it must have been the designers inner ricer creeping out
Quote from bbman :Why the bonnet scoop? To cool the fuel tank?

Hehe, cooling fuel isn't a bad suggestion... but brake cooling might be more obvious. But... hang on.. there's not even a hole in the hood...
Oh well... either way, ricers will love it

On-topic I have to say that the GTR drawing from the OP is very nice. I just wanted to point out that the idea is not new
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :This is why...

Beauty- 917K
Beast- Flat 12 In the 917K

The reason the R10 is there is to make the 917 Look even sexier.

Amiright fellas or am I right.

That Render was my desktop background for about a month or so, but the plain black version.

The drawing doesn't look very racey, looks more like a highend road car if anything.
Quote from FC3SCorey :The drawing doesn't look very racey, looks more like a highend road car if anything.

You mean Ferrari F430 or Audi R8 high-end like?

Quote from Ts-020 :here i show us my design of the New rac GTR (..)
isnt a race car just a big road car like f430, audi r8

Oh didn't read that part, haha... Just went for the link =l
#32 - Tege
Quote from Ts-020 :here i show us my design of the New rac GTR

if i have time i will make it in 3d

Really nice drawing. I'll email it to couple guys working on RA.
That drawing... damn that's nice. As is the render, by the way.
I'm very, very impressed.
On the class issue - just add it to the current GTRs.
Very nice picture but we really need a RB4 GTR
Well it would make sense to make the FXR front wheel drive to match the FXO, then making a GTR version of the RB4 that is 4wd.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well it would make sense to make the FXR front wheel drive to match the FXO, then making a GTR version of the RB4 that is 4wd.

FWD with that much power? You are joking right?

XFR allready has too much power for a FWD, imagine what would FXR FWD feel like

Amazing drawing you have there OP, keep up the good work
LX8 to join the ufr/xfr class.

RAC GTR to join the existing GTR class along with FZR, XRR and FXR.

RB4 GTR to be a class on its own as a true rally car.
The LX8 would be way too light and powerful for the FWD GTRs if you ask me. Unless you deliberately underpower the engine, but that'd be silly.
You might get away with the RAC with the big ones, but another RWD GTR in the same class seems a little pointless.

I still say GT2 class. LX8, lightweight and nippy. RB4 GTR, heavier but with more power. Keep the AWD for a bit of class variety. Or make it FWD, but that'd be madness And the RAC GTR is the balance of weight and power between the two, held onto the road by just willpower and downforce. And irrelevant of what power class you stick it into, it's gonna need rear ARBs

And the WRC spec cars would be a different story altogether. I'd love to see rally versions of the XFG, FXO and RB4. But without rally courses they'd be wasted.
#42 - aoun
could have the following..

GTR3

UFR
XFR
RBR
XR3 - new xr model to suit other 3 cars

GTR2

RAR
LX8
DP1 (that mini prototype in the suggestions forum)

GT1

FXR
XRR
FZR

anyone want to add? =)
Well if the RBR was in the GT3 class it'd be the only one people would use, because the AWD would be a massive advantage for both short races (quicker off the line and easier to recover from mistakes) and endurance races (easier on tyres). The turbo eating fuel might be a counter point, but I think it'd still be well overspecced for that class.

I don't know the DP1, I'll need to do a search for it. But bloody hell we do not need any more variations of the XR

I like playing Devil's Advocate here

[Edit: OH, that's the DP1. Personally I'd have that in the GT3 class]
Ideally - one top class

FZR
FXR
XRR
RAR
RBR
Quote from duke_toaster :Ideally - one top class

FZR
FXR
XRR
RAR
RBR

Ideally, wouldn't the top class (fendered) be some prototypes?

DP1 would be FAR closer to the F08 than the mGTRs. 375HP and 850lb weight yielding 970Bhp/tonne.... with AWD.
Quote from Ts-020 :here i show us my design of the New rac GTR

if i have time i will make it in 3d

http://farm2.static.flickr.com ... 72581190_6fd5184fc6_o.jpg

please note before reading my comment, I'm a guy full of half-knowlage

The Raceabout is one of the few cars in Live For Speed, existing in reality. So I think there could be problems with the rights, because you would make a whole new car with the real name Raceabout.
I remember that the cars the german BMW Tuner Hartge delivers to their customers, are not allowed to be named BMW. A Hartge tuned BMW M3 is called Hartge H50. I could imagine a similar Problem here (althoge LFS is a game, and not a Tuner)

But I think this car you desingt is really cool. It would be really great to have something like that in LFS.
Why are you guys grouping the DP1 with GTR cars? The DP1 most certainly would not race with them IRL. Mostly on the point that it has no street legal counterpart, so it could not be homologated for a GT series, it carries absolutely no traits of a GT car, half the size, etc etc.

The DP1 stands alone, class-wise.
Quote from Greboth :LX8 to join the ufr/xfr class.

RAC GTR to join the existing GTR class along with FZR, XRR and FXR.

RB4 GTR to be a class on its own as a true rally car.

+1, i like this
Quote from BlackEye :XFR allready has too much power for a FWD, imagine what would FXR FWD feel like

You don't have to imagine, put the torque split all the way up front and see what it's like - it' s not that bad. (sort of)
LX track (LX6+softer tyres and rollcage+maybe SOME downforce) would do great with the "RAR" as long as both stay out of the GTR class...small or big.

They both would be great track cars that require constant driver attention. This doesn't mean they should be as hard to drive as the current RAC...they just shouldnt be as point and shoot as the big GTR's.
DP1 needs neither class nor competition.....just like the FOX.
Let it be standalone and compete in races with driver skill rather then the "correct" car for a particular track.

BTW, great job OP and traxxion...both look extremly nice.
Sadly none of this will ever make it into LFS unless the Devs turn into completly different people over night.
We've seen some great suggestions and effort over the last few years (car and track that is) and I've yet to see even a response from the devs about them.

We ARE getting a new AI though......

Rac GTR (in s3 please :P)
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG