The online racing simulator
Uf1275gt
(21 posts, started )
Uf1275gt
I don't wanna sound like a whinger but, the UF1000 is just too damn slow to be a true simulation of what people race. as good as it is, the Uf1000 and UFR do leave a BIG gap in the middle for the UF1275, it'd be potentially competitive with the GTi and XRG AND be much better suited to all the tracks.

it's just that nobody drives 1000s competitively anymore (IRL) and it'd be more in line with reality.

I'm not talking about a MASSIVE hike in power, about 75-80 BHP would be spot on. and maybe slightly wider wheels to match (keep the 10"s tho') and you've got THE mini racer.
Yeah, a 1200cc engine is at least the minimum for small cars like these (like on old vw bugs) My brother would have either a 1500cc or 1600cc engine in his bug a lot, and the car was a lot faster than the UF1000 . And would probably keep up with a car like the GTi.
#3 - _rod_
depends where you live.. on brazil there are LOTS of 1000cc racing, either with slicks, or road tires...

But yeah would be nice to have another car to race against the xfg/xrg
hey.. UF1k will beat a subaru 360 anytime lol

i still want to see an AWD car with the GTi/GT class

something like a suzuki alto works (not looks wise.. cause it would be to much like a GTi, but similar i guess)
on a similar point the UFR and the XF GTR are not quite matched yet I think the little UFR could do with a bit more top end speed not sure if a few extra hp's would do the trick but might help even things up a bit in this class .

SD.
[OT]
You didn't mean anything like this, did you (rofl):
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/7738/uf12gt6vw.jpg
[/OT]

Maybe a vw beetle alike to go along with UF1? And isn't the UF1000 meant to be the slowest car in LFS? I mean currently the UF1 is no match against the XFG...
yes slow slow- but perhaps a 55hp rear engine rear drive Fiatesque 500?
or simply make the UF1000 a 90 hp car then?
I love racing the UF1000, as long as everyone else is A full grid of those can be as dangerous as a full grid of FO8s ... oval racing in the UF is especially awesome fun - you either draft or lose

I agree with the OP - a 1275cc UF (a la the Mini Cooper) that's capable of matching the XFG and XRG would make for great competition.
#9 - Woz
Quote from XCNuse :hey.. UF1k will beat a subaru 360 anytime lol

I dumped on a WRX in my little stock 1100cc Clubman once so don't laugh. By the time he realised I had gunned it from the lights, last thing you expect from someone in a Mini when its next to a WRX, I was in front of him and the road was starting to narrow. I could hear him behind trying to spool the turbo to get some power then thashing the crap out of it (Waaaa shhhht waaaaa shhht) but the road went back to single lane and it was all to late.

Would have loved to see his face as he had a car full of mates in baseball caps who were now probably ripping on him

Thats the trouble with turbo's, nothing until they have spooled. I never understand why supercharging lost favour. BWM use a supercharger to great effect in the new Mini. The Works model is an absolute joy to drive and NO lag on the power.
As driver of a Mini 1000 I have to admit that I've got no chance to overtake a peugeot 106 or an opel corsa... but with a 1275GT and about 70hp I think this would be possible.........and fun!

The only disadvantage would be that there's one more car, I think we already have too many.
#11 - Woz
Quote from der butz :As driver of a Mini 1000 I have to admit that I've got no chance to overtake a peugeot 106 or an opel corsa... but with a 1275GT and about 70hp I think this would be possible.........and fun!

The only disadvantage would be that there's one more car, I think we already have too many.

A 1275 is a load faster and with a few tweaks can get very fast. Even the 1100 has a lot more poke than the standard 1Ltr lump.

One of these days I will shove a V8 in mine when I get the cash

The rover 3.5 fits in the clubman (Just if you have a big enough hammer )

http://www.geocities.com/jharkola/Viku2.html
Quote from der butz :

Can never have too many
[waaaay off topic]

the best motor I've seen in a mini so far is the honda vtec with 130hp. It fits quite well and you can get it street legal in germany. apart from that you could buy a dohc head and some other stuff that could push a 1380 engine up to 180bhp, but i think it's better to have a stable machine that takes 7litres at 130hp than 15l at 180. Also a V8 would be much too heavy.
yay, i'n not the only one that thinks the UF1000 needs a middle brother,

just enough power to take it level with a GTi etc, it's something that i'm sure will be 'investigated' when tweak is released . i sure will.

the mini is one of the greatest cars of all time, (ask anybody in the world, chances are they've got a funny story involving a mini) and each of it's breeds are different animals, (at the mo we've got a shopping trolley, and a complete beast of a car) it's be nice to show the mini's most familiar sporting character, the Cooper S/1275GT (even a 1071 style, rev monster would be cool)

BTW the mini V-tech is probably one of my most unforgettable driving experiences, a couple of laps of a showground at last years IMM (int'n mini meet) had me grinning for about a month, shame i can't ever get rid of my love for the old a-series engine.
Quote from Woz : I never understand why supercharging lost favour. BWM use a supercharger to great effect in the new Mini. The Works model is an absolute joy to drive and NO lag on the power.

Yes, it's strange to me that the next Mini Cooper S will be a member of the turbo club. Guess too many girlies didn't like the whining very much.... or something.
hey, seems like there are more mini-drivers than I would have expected :-)

My little one is still not photographed, it's a yellow one without bumpers, with Inno-gauges and 45hp... nothing very special but damn fast in corners!
o/t but...

I've always prefered my mini's with that lovely bumperless look about them, bodykits just dont quite look right on 'em, (bet that bonnet bulge us handy for those twin SU's tho'
I'm a fan of the 'Mean-Mini' look.... hence the body kit and the rest. My target is to get her up to 120MPH 105 so far...
Very nice mini Niki, I like it . Actually someone here owns one that looks almost identical here, but in a dark metallic blue. Pretty sweet.

BTW, it looks like you drive those tires pretty hard :P
#21 - Woz
Quote from der butz :[waaaay off topic]

the best motor I've seen in a mini so far is the honda vtec with 130hp. It fits quite well and you can get it street legal in germany. apart from that you could buy a dohc head and some other stuff that could push a 1380 engine up to 180bhp, but i think it's better to have a stable machine that takes 7litres at 130hp than 15l at 180. Also a V8 would be much too heavy.

This engine will fit directly and pumps out a massive 370bhp at 10000rpm wahahahaha

http://thekneeslider.com/archi ... 02/09/hayabusa-v8-engine/

Uf1275gt
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG