The online racing simulator
Upgrading - Need advice
(7 posts, started )
Upgrading - Need advice
Hi LFSers,

I'm upgrading my system, it's getting old.

Here are my specs:

512 Mb RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX5700 128mb
300W Power Supply

I'm getting a 1 Go RAM slot to support a new card, which would get me to 1.5 Go of RAM. That would be to support a new GFX.

Two things I need to know:

Any suggestion for a good card for under 200$?

Is my power supply enough or would I need a new one?

Thanks in advance Jakg

In case you're asking me if I have a pci-e slot:

#2 - Jakg
Not sure waht your on about with getting RAM to support a better card.

What's your budget? And what's your PSU?

(BTW, It's GB not Go)
Do you have a PCI-E or AGP slot?
#4 - ajp71
Without going any further what's the rest of the system like? The (very limited) info you've posted makes me think you're probably on a pre-historic system and it may be better to look into saving up for a new system rather than upgrading an obsolete system into a slightly less obsolete system.
#5 - Jakg
Ah, i see you've got £100 to spend.

TBH from what i remember (i thought you had a 2 GHz Celly) theres nowt you can do with it other than start from scratch..
There's potential there. Not for something amazing, but theres signs of life. Add a 1GB stick to the board, and a 7600GS. The PSU could probably handle it if it's not loaded full of other shit. If a 7600GS is too much, look into the 6600GT..
~Bryan~
#7 - ajp71
Quote from dropin_biking :There's potential there. Not for something amazing, but theres signs of life. Add a 1GB stick to the board, and a 7600GS. The PSU could probably handle it if it's not loaded full of other shit. If a 7600GS is too much, look into the 6600GT..
~Bryan~

A 6800GS/GT is a better card than a 7600GS and seems to go for about the same price on ebay

Upgrading - Need advice
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG