The online racing simulator
i think bobs road going setups (without the passenger) should become the default setups (maybe after stiffening the suspension a bit for the sportscars)
as far as i can tell they are easy to drive with any controller type and they come with that wow effect as the cars feel exactly like in real life

then for the advanced drivers (or at least those that got hooked by how real the physics engine feels) include the easy race setups so beginners can get a first few fast laps and learn to be competitive online

and then the race1 setups as a good fast baseline setup for the skilled driver

on topic:
id say dump the xrt and include an offline only slicked downforce car (maybe the fox as its insanely fun and i belive anybody who takes it for a ride will want to race these online)
Quote from Shotglass :(maybe the fox as its insanely fun and i belive anybody who takes it for a ride will want to race these online)

Not everyone :nol2: !!
Yeah, some people might prefer to "race" it against the "ingenious" AI*.

[size]* Artificial Incompetence[/size]
Quote from mrodgers :Not everyone :nol2: !!

Indeed. FO8 and FOX couldn't be more boring. Of course this is only my opinion.

ps. Maybe that's because I'm not interested in F1 series IRL anymore (I used to be).
I think that the base setups should be some much oversteery for all cars. But I'd also want some more neutral and oversteery ones too. Like the Nascar 2003 has symmetric, quali and fast setups. Why do I want so many different kind of setups? I raced some time ago in BL1 with the fzr using the flotch's setup and I really couldn't drive very fast with it. Best times were little over 1:10. Then I switched to <someone>'s fe5 setup and it was right from the beginning better for me. Have done some 1:08s with that one. I's quite oversteery but for me it suits perfectly.

So what I'm saying is that the good setup can mean a lot different things for most people. Maybe if we ask the devs about it and make a package for them so that they don't need to hunt down every set individually. We could also make a newbie setup pack including every setup needed for demo and S2.

But what to put in? Here's my list:
- Bob's easy race
- Bob's road going
- oversteery race setup
- neutral race setup

And I don't think we need setups for every track/car, just for the most common ones.
i think, it is good to have the gtt in the demo. putting such a boring car like the fxo in would definately not REPRESENT lfs.

i think it's nice for demo racers to have a challenging car.

.....and i wonder why the fxo is still that fast. it seems the alpha testers of s2 haven't driven a single race in the tbo class :/. the balance is still terrible.
And forgot to say. Nevah evah remove the XRT from the demo. At least for me it was the only car I drove Making XRG the most powerful car in the demo having "only" 140hp would not make it believable to have 500hp cars driveable in full S2.
I don't think we need that many setups, just put in Bob's Road Going instead of the auto-generated (!) "hard track" and the Easy Race ones in a new "default" class, maybe called "Race" or something. No need for different types of setups IMO, for once you only have the three demo cars, and second if someone wants a special setup they should make it themselves. We simply need EASY to drive/race setups for the Beginners. Something that doesn't make them spin at the first corner. Something that makes them stick to LFS instead of labelling it as "unrealistic crap".
From what I can tell, the hard track/default setups are not generated, only the slider limits are. I assume they are just hard coded in to the exe instead of saved in a seperate file. That would make sense, as I have similar measures in GRC (that way if the program can't find any seperate files, it still has usable values to work with).
Hi...... I really don't think you could do much more for the demo.
And maybe it's because I only had the option of three cars and blackwood that I think that's how all others should get the demo. But the idea of
additional set ups would be a great idea. If I had to knock anything about
LFS it would be those default set ups. I guess the ones that come with alpha are probably better than the old S-1 demo, but I wouldn't really know as I was already a wheel user when alpha came out and there were set-ups being tossed around as well.

I like the chair idea though...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG