The online racing simulator
Single player expansion
(15 posts, started )
Single player expansion
ATM, I think like 99% of people would agree that LFS is pretty crap offline. Sure, you get the physics, tracks, and something resembling an opponent (I'm talking about the cones, not the AI ), but there is no gameplay offline.
LFS is purely a shell offline.

So, what I'd propose is that a little more attention is paid to this side of the game. Not necessarily involving the AI either. Offline challenges like 10 laps under xx : xx.xx time, or Sprinting to the end of the first sector, then back to the start as fast as you can.

Some AI involved aspects would be nice too though, like some kind of synchronised driving, fastest lap tourneys, or technical tracks with obstacles (like autox, only with AI). The sort of stuff you might do with one or two mates on a lan event?

Point being?

Well that is another aspect that needs improvement. There is currently no incentive to race offline. I have no idea what this incentive could be, but it would have to be something that people couldn't immediately access online.
Maybe this is where points could come in. If you got points for doing stuff offline too, and they were required to unlock certain variations of tracks (with the base track being immediately available) then you could either race online, or offline to progress through the content.

Perhaps a stupid idea considering it's supposed to be an online racing simulation, but I reckon it is food for thought.
No track unlocks, thats just too arcade. Offline challenges sound good but we allready have WRs on LFSWorld to smash. Thats enought challenge I think, nothing is actually more challengin, WRs are the ultimate challenge I think for most of people like me they are impossible. But addon to driving school would be great, but I dont think devs have time to make it.
Just a fixed AI would be cool. its very anoying to drive with them
Agreed. An AI that's got some more of the "I" part would be great
much faster AI drivers...its hard to practice for the online races when they are about 15 secs off the online pace...
BTW any possibility of offline championship (like 16 random races with points or something) would be geat too
Faster AI would be nice, and thats from me, and i aint that quick. Im nto that bothered to eb honest, i always play online, then all my best laps etc are always logged.
Quote from zurdospeed :BTW any possibility of offline championship (like 16 random races with points or something) would be geat too

Good idea :up:
#9 - bbman
Quote from zurdospeed :BTW any possibility of offline championship (like 16 random races with points or something) would be geat too

I would like that very much... In fact, the credits may would be of use then...
Agree with decent AI - perhaps with something akin to GPL's Global Hype so that AI get better (faster) when you do?
#11 - Woz
I would like to be able to select a number of tracks, car class and number of AI and then have it run a season. It should be able to save season progress after each race etc.
Quote from Woz :I would like to be able to select a number of tracks, car class and number of AI and then have it run a season. It should be able to save season progress after each race etc.

better explained
hi,

i drive mostly offline (no internet at home) so motivation is an issue. hotlapping is ok at times, but then again i do like some traffic as well.
increasing ai speed would be cool for starters, even with the same bad driving habbits, and probably easier and quicker to do.
bigger starter fields would be nice as well. i don't see a problem with frame rate like with other games.
even if nothing canges i'll stick with it. nothing compares, really.

...and skinning improves my photoshop skills

roland
Being able to make our own 'licenses/test' would be a start.
I took a quick look at the files once and it could be done as
an official add-on first to see if there's any interest
i think an offline mode would be a great idea, specially if you are that kind of person that sometimes can't race on-line, and would push the game to another level if its done well

Single player expansion
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG