The online racing simulator
Many WR hotlaps cause Replay OOS error [not a bug according to...]
For example dime_miki_AS2_XFR_104840.spr

The error doens't appear at the start of the replay, but after some time.

Is this a known problem?

I use LFS 0.5X10.
Any hotlaps where the driver uses the reset facility will go OOS in X and X10 if they were recorded in version W or older due to the changes in the way the reset works. See here for details: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25641
Incompatibility might be 'as designed', but for users it's as annoying as a bug. This incompatibility makes many of the hotlaps available at lfsworld.net useless for download. That's a pity.

What do you mean with reset within a hotlap? Do you mean the restart feature (shift+R)?
#4 - Renku
Quote from Mr. Adrie :Incompatibility might be 'as designed', but for users it's as annoying as a bug. This incompatibility makes many of the hotlaps available at lfsworld.net useless for download. That's a pity.

What do you mean with reset within a hotlap? Do you mean the restart feature (shift+R)?

Reset = [SPACEBAR]
LFS is an ongoing project, you knew that when you purchased LFS. Install 'some' older LFS versions then, if you really want to watch older hotlaps!
I saw that I cannot watch my hotlap with the FXR on Westhill with the last version (X10), and I don't think I've used the space bar at the very begining of the lap (it has been drove in V patch)
http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=2560
It is a shame LFS doesn't have a compatability mode for such things as replays, i know multiple installs will solve but thats not a solution.

Maybe it can be done? maybe it cant, or maybe it would take to long to incoperate? who knows

But that would be a superb way of seeing LFS through the ages, without the tedium of the workaround.
vote for external replay watching programm (like the model viewer) with some more controls, like fast forward/reverse...
Quote from micha1980de :vote for external replay watching programm (like the model viewer) with some more controls, like fast forward/reverse...

but then it would be a like another version of LFS without car controls. don't really see the point
true but in the end it could be made and held down-compatible to earlier versions...

regards

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG