The online racing simulator
Remake of Chris's XRT
(26 posts, started )
Remake of Chris's XRT
I know that many people love that body kit that Chris Cummins made, i was going to use it myself. My only problem was that it was a jpeg and i suck at skinning on those. I decided to start making a psd version of Chris's body kit(i'm about 2/3 done already). Before i realease my psd file i want permission from Chris, so could someone tell me where i could contaact him?

P.S. Please tell me if someone has done this already because i'm about to start the hard part.
Quote from Rappa Z :I know that many people love that body kit that Chris Cummins made, i was going to use it myself. My only problem was that it was a jpeg and i suck at skinning on those. I decided to start making a psd version of Chris's body kit(i'm about 2/3 done already). Before i realease my psd file i want permission from Chris, so could someone tell me where i could contaact him?

P.S. Please tell me if someone has done this already because i'm about to start the hard part.

You'll find him on the LFS-Torque forums lurking around under the name ".inc".

www.lfs-torque.net
I actually got so frustrated cutting parts of my skin to cater for Chris's Ectype kit I just threw it away and made my own
is it not just to change layerstyle to overlay?
No, because some things like the CF, the rear light bar and front numberplate addon get messed up, so you gotta cut round them, which as I stated is frustrating.
Quote from VTiRoj :No, because some things like the CF, the rear light bar and front numberplate addon get messed up, so you gotta cut round them, which as I stated is frustrating.

OK, sry my bad
I'm trying to get in contact with Chris right now. As for progress the car is about 75% done.
thanks for your comment. but It would be better if you dont quote my largelarge image
#11 - Gunn
Quote from Anathema :thanks for your comment. but It would be better if you dont quote my largelarge image

It would have been better if you didn't display such a large image in the first place.

Image tags removed.
sorry for that.
Quote from VTiRoj :I actually got so frustrated cutting parts of my skin to cater for Chris's Ectype kit I just threw it away and made my own

In Photoshop, open the skin you want the bodykit to be applied to, then open chris's bodykit, use the arrow tool and drag the bodykit skin onto your skin, align the corners up so its placed perfectly over the top of your skin, then select the bodykit layer and change the blend mode to "Multiply"
Quote from CycloNe88 :In Photoshop, open the skin you want the bodykit to be applied to, then open chris's bodykit, use the arrow tool and drag the bodykit skin onto your skin, align the corners up so its placed perfectly over the top of your skin, then select the bodykit layer and change the blend mode to "Multiply"

Aha, it was "multiply" u should choose not "overlay" as i said
dam, so there is an easier way to do this.
Didnt you knew?

Some areas look strange when you just multiply. Thats why I made my own lil *.psd.
where can i get that bodykit? it looks different to the one i have.
lol im searching for that kit for a while, somebody could give me a link to download it or something ? or the PSD file itself ?
thx
#19 - feat
Somehow the kit reminds me rice, sorry, dont know why.
All the uberalles vents and stuff ..
Quote from Anathema :Didnt you knew?

Some areas look strange when you just multiply. Thats why I made my own lil *.psd.

You can't just upload that PSD file somewhere and post the link here ?
I really need that kit, lol, searching for it for a while ? or maybe if you know where to download the original one ?

Greetz,
Nevermind i got it
Can you givs the Jpeg
Since someone asked for it I'm putting up what I have. Beware, I never got around to finishing the rear diffuser. Even more unfortunate is that I have to convert it to a 1024 x 1024 since it's simply too big for file upload.
Attached files
XRT_body remake.psd - 1.5 MB - 1133 views
Quote from Rappa Z :Since someone asked for it I'm putting up what I have. Beware, I never got around to finishing the rear diffuser. Even more unfortunate is that I have to convert it to a 1024 x 1024 since it's simply too big for file upload.

u tried packing the 2048?

Remake of Chris's XRT
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG