The online racing simulator
Niki, you wanna stop with the Mercury vendetta you got going on in that head of yours? Apart from the fact that we really don't care if our time is scrapped as long as it has a reason, if Jonesy didn't cut the gravel and managed to get more on the tarmac it would have been much faster.

I really do love the way a small gravel cut is the equivelent of cutting the rumble strips which have no effect on speed, to cutting the gravel which is there to slow down those people who cut. Needless to say if you cut the sand on purpose and take as much advantage from it as possible you can have a handy last sector, but when we lost 4 tenths in 1 sector to our rivals, it realy just makes you look all the more pathetic for constantly trying to take our time away from us.
Quote from N I K I :i dont agree because its not so simple to do that as to say it. You go out and try to do it, i did and check vid. I also did cut over the rumble strip once in few laps earlier and it was because i turned in to early, i also had some run offs like in lap 3, its not easy as it looks like when you are driving 200+kmh.

try it at 190 kmh, it is much easier to drive the chicane according to the rules. Big grin
everyone who complains about not being able to do it right everytime because they go too fast, simple solution: go slower!

it is a win-win situation: no damage for you and no penalty from the admins.

you just lose a couple of tenths.

I'd love to see those rumble strips throw the car completely out of shape and in HLVC touching them should result in the hotlap being invalid. That is all that is needed to persuade drivers to not cut there.
I think it is the easiest way to end that discussion with an special layout, where cones mark the non-allowed part of the track in that chicanes. The advantage of cones, which will not make critical failures to the drivers in such extraordinary way like walls, is quiet simple. The drivers get earlier an information about the turning point and get a better feeling of driving clean through that part.

Normally the tarmac next to the curbs will used by many drivers. I don`t think, during the 12-hours-race the admins can`t check that all the time. So after a while, in a hard fight between two or more teams, the behaviour in that regions will be more forced to cut it fast. So let`s give the cones a chance to clarify the drivers the accepted area.

Like many tests on the CTRA-X-Servers, the special layout is a good way, to make some racetracks better visible for the drivers, especially for the qualification rounds.

Tire-wall-elongation is also a good visible barrier. The drivers don`t touch that things, because it is better for their car. If you stay inside those barriers you have no problem.
Yesterday, in LFS LeMans League we tested a layout with cones. Imo it worked very well. You get a guidance through the hard chicane and no damage on the car.
It was easy to do and smaller adjustment could be done.

No one said anything about it really and no one have comment it in the forum (at least not yet) ... Smile

I can recomend it ... Smile
so now looks like 2.10 is imposible... but admins havent said anything about that 2nd part of chicane yet! And what about those lap times set last week with hlvc rules?
Quote from Tweaker :To clarify visually, picture 1 is what we expect to see in qualifying. The same applies to any other corner on the track.

Quote :but admins havent said anything about that 2nd part of chicane yet

I think Tweaker made a very good rule. end of. IMO.

SD.
Quote from N I K I :but admins havent said anything about that 2nd part of chicane yet! And what about those lap times set last week with hlvc rules?

I am pretty sure the right-side sand area has been mentioned a few times before. Don't deliberately start using the sand to cut now, stay with in the limits of the track as always by keeping 2 wheels on the track.

All of this really worries me.... nobody here understands one of the most common motorsports rules of staying on the track??? 2 wheels need to stay on the track (that can include a curb) at all times, simple as that. I wouldn't think anyone should be clueless of such a rule.

If you want to be consistent in NOT cutting the chicane, never touch the tip of the longest speed bump, and you will be fine. As shown in my picture, the width of these cars is just enough so that 2 wheels can stay on the curb and the left side will not come in contact with the speed bump, which is as legal as you can get. So, the easiest way to see if anyone does not have their 2 wheels on the curbing is if the car bounces up in the air from that speedbump.

We probably all understand everyone will undergo some fatigue and/or lose focus in that chicane, it is very easy to do that. And drivers seem to come through there with their eyes closed hoping they get lucky or something; like I said, it is a poorly designed chicane, and nevertheless we'd like to see you stay in bounds. Some people just take the chicane very carelessly, and that is the problem.

Don't complain you cannot get a 2:10 or something fast from cutting across. What matters most is that you do a proper lap in qualifying, and in your stints for the race. During the race you won't be getting uber fast laptimes all the time, and as seen in past MoE races, you can easily gain a good lead from consistency, quick pace, fast pitstops, and most importantly NO penalties from cutting or bad driving.

*****Admins have been discussing the rule, and perhaps have an announcement if anything changes.
Do we really need this discussion going over and over?
What about changing the rule and letting people go through the track as fast as they can Big grin (It's car racing after all...)
I haven't ever seen a race in any real racing leagues where there was a faster line but the racers agreed not to use that and to use a slower line instead... Smile
Quote from Tweaker :
All of this really worries me.... nobody here understands one of the most common motorsports rules of staying on the track??? 2 wheels need to stay on the track (that can include a curb) at all times, simple as that. I wouldn't think anyone should be clueless of such a rule

We have an understanding if what you are saying means that having the car beyond the curbs/line (with less than 2 wheels on curbs/line) is against the rules (even when it's by far HLVC valid).
Attached images
bl01.jpg
bl02.jpg
as01.jpg
ure refering to a different track now...why dont just stay on the KY3 topic?

btw i gotta agree with traxxion completely
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG