The online racing simulator
agreed with csimpok, a layout would make this much easier. We'll have these discussions lasting forever..
The way I saw it was if teams get away with the picture above then the only way you have a fair chance in the qualifying is to cut yourself.

Although looking at the WR's when you cut the last sector in the XRR and hit it like some did in qualifying, you can be having a sector 3 tenths faster than the WR....

I remember driving breifly in the MoE last season for the 12 hour race but I can't reemember any problems like this? Were people just way more sporting last season or was cutting just the "done" thing?
Quote from Chriskart :agreed with csimpok, a layout would make this much easier.

I don't think so. Then people will hit whatever there is then and the next one crashes into them or into the tire stack or whatever flying around.

It maybe prevents people from cutting that hard but it would make the whole racing there much more dangerous imo.
That can't be a solution.
To get the best line through the fast chicaine takes great precision, and some of us will get it wrong some of the time but to make a decision to cut on purpose, especially the last right turn, just shows how realistic and competitive this league is, and how seriously we all want to be at the pole

Just a few cones could make marshalling (and driving) easyer, if the cone goes flying then its a cut, no danger to other cars with bales stroon around or sudden impact decelleration, any driver knocking down a cone could then be watched for repeat offences.

Its all well and good what is and isn't hlvc, but whats important here IMO is what is acceptable to the moe admins and whats not, and of course the amount of work involved to police it.

SD.
Quote from csimpok :Vykos,
lol...

even with cutting vince did such a bad time, noob u m8

we'll have another try on friday anyway, so if this was vince's fastest lap, or even if not, just in case: delete it!

thank yo !

i also wouldnt like a layout as the cones,tyres or whatever would've gone after a lap in the race anyway. further the bumps would just kill the suspension, so lets just all try to make it round the corner some hundred times on saturday. "2 tyres on track" should be the thing in quali, which isnt too impossible, isnt it?
any kind of layout is just killing FPS and we already have 32 cars in race and some drivers maybe already FPS problems and if there's layout... that's why layout is bad idea in my opinion.
Ok guys. Everyone see this cut. With 230 km/h it is really perfect.
The problem is, that nobody could drive a 2.10,x without cuting the chicane.
Even if your are driving a 1.30,2 in the 2nd split you can`t do a 2.10 without cuting anymore.
Even if your are driving the chicane now with max. 210 km/h, you will lose 3-5 tenth.
Even if a admin is looking for cuting in the chicane, who will do that? It will spend a lot of time. And we have only 12 hours.
MY suggestion is, that everyone can cut in the qualy. ONLY in the qualy. For a lot of drivers is it very hard to find the right way through the chicane with the thought, can i do it with 210 km/h or even faster without cuting.

It is only my idea to solve this problem.
Quote :For a lot of drivers is it very hard to find the right way through the chicane with the thought, can i do it with 210 km/h or even faster without cuting.

A lot of drivers find it hard to pass other cars without contact. Does that mean we should let them do it? No. So allowing cutting is not the solution, period.
hehe, good suggestions
When i was talking about a layout, i mainly thought about some small cones. Sparkydave explained it quite perfectly, if you hit a cone, then it's cutting. Though, the width of the track there ain't big when you take into account that you are entering the corner at 200 km/h +, i can't imagine any race there without much cutting anyway (if we don't have any restrictions for it).

Then, why not drive the laps hlvc valid (except the last chickane). Many tracks around the world kinda invites you to only drive over the curb, and not have any wheels on the actual tarmac at all. Those bumps will for sure bring you some damage anyway, as they are really bugged. You can drive over them at 20 km/h and still get 20 - 70% damage on the suspension. Thats a risk to take for all of us, and i guess most won't try, as this is a long race
actually dreaf, it might be u being unable to do a fast lap without cutting. sorry, but i had lots of them already by just doing 215 in the chicane and hlvc not moaning at all. cutting is gay, cutting is cheating, cutting reduces penis length, dont do it that cones chris mentiones might not be too wrong.
Shift U, Tab and one admin could simply watch this chicane all the time in qualifying. Shouldnt be a too hard job for one hour. Or you watch it afterwards in replay, at least you can simply punish it. If people still do something against the rules, let them do it ... and punish them. Every lap with cuts = delete.
Isn't it possible for some pro coder out there (shame Frank is busy) to program a "penalty-cone" which, in case you hit it, adds a second to your laptime...? Quite similar to how AutoX works.
The cutting I see here is quite nasty, good to see the laptimes deleted...
Ok i wachted the fastest laps.
1. Infinity: 2nd split: 1.30,49 --> 2.10,58 chicane speed (228@end)
2. Mercury 2nd split: 1.30,03 --> 2.10,63 chicane speed (218@end)
nearly 5 tenth for a slower laptime
cuting i a disadvantage for XRRs (stupid idea^^)
3. Clownpaint 2nd split:1.30,53 --> 2.10,66 chicane speed (226@end)
Jack`s way to drive through that corner, looks really great
4. n!faculty 2nd split: 1.30,70 --> 2.11,12 (i cut there, too ... )
I dont think it looks great, it looks cheat, how they cut the chicane there. Almost all teams in the top6 - top 10 cutted the entrance way too much, according to the rules. Except maybe the XRRs, while I saw a lot of attempts of Jonesy also trying to cut.

So how about just trying to stay on the track and follow the rules? (That also goes to my Vincemaster :P )
At the beginning of the Qualification Hoellsen said:
"Please don't cut the chicane!"

Why didn't the most here follow this instruction?
The example of Vykos to use shift-U in the Qualification sounds good.
It's the only way to assure fair competition.

ye, Jonesy had some great 2nd splits
30,17 and 30,13 but he tries to cut and the frist bumper kills him 2 times. Thats the advantage of the FZR.
Quote from Vykos69 :I dont think it looks great, it looks cheat, how they cut the chicane there. Almost all teams in the top6 - top 10 cutted the entrance way too much, according to the rules.

In this case it doesn't make much sense to penalise us by deleting all laps just because unfortunately Mot3c was the fastest.
well, if infinity gets a penalty then plz look at the others and delete their laps too.
Quote from csimpok :In this case it doesn't make much sense to penalise us by deleting all laps just because unfortunately Mot3c was the fastest.

Full Ack. I'd vote for all topteams lap deletion, except Merc maybe, as they didnt do a fast one with cutting, due to the fact that there the bumps work the right way they should with all cars.
would be good if LFS had HLVC detection within qualy mode... is that possible i wonder?
motec cutted last corner.... i guess that's why inf is dq... and mercury cutted over the sand in their lap so even that's not hlvc
if they cut the sand... doesnt it put then at a disadvantage because the sand will make you slow down anyway....
no, you still gain 2 tents that way :P
Quote from csimpok :In this case it doesn't make much sense to penalise us by deleting all laps just because unfortunately Mot3c was the fastest.

Quote from DreaF :well, if infinity gets a penalty then plz look at the others and delete their laps too.

If you reread my post #17, you will see that we are investigating. We chose to go forward with the pole sitters simply because it was the pole lap. You will also see that we gave a chance to teams to report themselves to have at least a few laps stand. So far no team chose to do that, so be prepared to be without a qualifying lap when the second qualifying session starts Friday night.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG