The online racing simulator
DTM Boycott
(22 posts, started )
DTM Boycott
Audi just boycotted the Barcelona Race in the DTM...

after some hevy accidents between Audis and Mercedeses, all Audi drivers retired the race...

For example: Häkkingen pulled himself out in a chrash with Tomczyk who had to retire later on because of the damage, La Rosa pulled the leading Ekström out....

for anyone who's interessted: Jamie Green won!
To me it looked Ekström can blame himself.
Dr. Wolfgang Ulrich, Audi Motorsport boss, said in German Television, that they forced thier drivers to come in, to prevent more physical fighting on track. The remaining Audi drivers could have been that desperate, they would have start pulling out Mercedes drivers, against all rules.
And Audi drivers didn´t do anything wrong? Rockenfeller (and especially him) and Premat didn´t hold up faster Mercedes´behind them? Unbelievable bs from Audi, if there were a third constructor in the series Audi would have never retired from the race. Now they can just blame MB
I couldn't care less about DTM... gets worse with every race.
#6 - AJS
Quote from three_jump :I couldn't care less about DTM... gets worse with every race.

+1

I just watch WTCC. its excellent
Quote from hyntty :And Audi drivers didn´t do anything wrong? Rockenfeller (and especially him) and Premat didn´t hold up faster Mercedes´behind them?

Good I'm not a fan of Audi or Mercedes so I watched the race without much emotions but:

To "hold up" someone up (or defend your position against faster cars as long as you can) is normal and legitimate part of racing.
So it's not like they did something wrong

To brake waaaaay to late like Häkkinen and take out the leader is a stupid mistake (2 times world champion or not) It was just over optimistic and looked like a typical LFS T1 noob crash :nod

When you lost the corner and don't lift then you end up on the green like la Rosa but then to just give full speed and brake like 5 meter before reentering the track and do a revenge hit to take out the Championship leader!! Ekström is more then unsportsmenlike imo.

And then say afterwards it was Ekströms fault on german TV is just unbelievable.

With all those touches, crashes and passings it was much more entertaining then (to me completly boring) 1 WTCC Race at Brands.

To proof my words :
- Häkkinnen have to pay 20000 Euros fine
- La Rosa 10000 Euros fine
- Both are afterwards excluded from the race (but they didn't finished)
- Both have to go back 10 places in the grid in the next race
Quote from BBO@BSR :Good I'm not a fan of Audi or Mercedes so I watched the race without much emotions but:

To "hold up" someone up (or defend your position against faster cars as long as you can) is normal and legitimate part of racing.
So it's not like they did something wrong

Well me neither. But what comes to the holding up, I was referring to the insident between Rockenfeller and Spengler where Mike was clearly a bit too agressive. But thats just my opinion and you can ignore it since Blackout just killed me.
Quote :
To brake waaaaay to late like Häkkinen and take out the leader is a stupid mistake (2 times world champion or not) It was just over optimistic and looked like a typical LFS T1 noob crash :nod

I don't think it was very unfair to Tozm... Tomkszxzz... zxxxzssytct since he nearly hit Häkkinen with his "defence move". Sure, the crash wash Häkkinen's fault, but getting crashed by Häkkinen was whatshisnames own fault: He had all to lose and Mika had nothing to lose, and he still wouldn't let the black Mercedes pass. That's just stupid. He should have just kept his own racing line and try to secure as many points as possible.
Quote :
When you lost the corner and don't lift then you end up on the green like la Rosa but then to just give full speed and brake like 5 meter before reentering the track and do a revenge hit to take out the Championship leader!! Ekström is more then unsportsmenlike imo.

And then say afterwards it was Ekströms fault on german TV is just unbelievable.

Maybe, can't say anything 'cause I'm not sure what happened. But many people seem to agree that it was Ekstöms own fault so I wouldn't rule that out.
Quote :
With all those touches, crashes and passings it was much more entertaining then (to me completly boring) 1 WTCC Race at Brands.

Who the hell wants to watch 2.0 liter Seats and Chevrolets competing? I remember Mika Salo saying that the thing he regrets the most is the fact that he isn't a world champion and he never will be, since the only series he could go and win the title would be wtcc and wtcc cars are so slow that there isn't any point of driving them.
Quote :
To proof my words :
- Häkkinnen have to pay 20000 Euros fine
- La Rosa 10000 Euros fine
- Both are afterwards excluded from the race (but they didn't finished)
- Both have to go back 10 places in the grid in the next race

We have all seen the fact that in dtm overtaking is forbidden. If you try to pass someone and hit him/her -> penalty. Very tough race between two drivers -> penalty. It hasn't been very fun to watch all the drive thru' penalties given by the jury. And that's just wrong! Dtm is a very entertainig championship, let's not let anyone take that from us.
Quote from AJS :+1

I just watch WTCC. its excellent

And BTCC. Shame about the break, but it's a close season this year, Gio could still take the win. And who would bet against Mike Jordan getting a well deserved race win ...
#10 - AJS
I also went to one race of the Danish Touring Car Championship because Padborg Park circuit is just about 150 km from where i live and the supporting events are really good action as well. You can watch a whole day long races from all sorts of classes enter the paddock talk with the drivers and so on . and lets not forget about the Poelser
But AJS, your making the Danes hate Germans!, because :P i don't think you speak much Danish to you?
On point #3 about la Rosa & Eky, Eky actually forced (by nudging) la Rosa off the track and if you watch a reply la Rosa is actually on the brakes, he isnt nailing the throttle with target locked on. So really he's drove the guy off the track, and then its that same car that collided with him as he's trying to slow down and return onto the track. How much brake is being applied is unknown, but those tail lights were on, its not the typical actions of someone trying to ram someone off the track is it??

Point #1 Mika im not too sure about, he'd moved out to make the pass and was forced to take the line he was on by Eky trying to block. If your on the brakes and being pushed further from the racing line you've braked for, then you'll never make it. I'd tend to say that was 50/50 probably, both could have helped the issue, both decided to take the action they took, if anything Mika had his route forced upon him by the Audi, i dont see why Eky is surpised. Eitherway, i could understand a penalty being given to Mika, but neither helped, they were both subjected to their own stupidity and both punished by it.

I'd also agree with the comments about DTM being extremely lame with their punishments for some mild contact, sometimes you really have to wonder. Todays racing was heated, plenty of contact in there, and theres absolutely nothing wrong with rubbing panels and such, but sometimes theres some bizarre calls made.
Compare the punishment given out in BTCC to DTM, in BTCC you could turn up in a Zonda, drive the wrong way round the track and drive head on into 12 cars and only get a warning!!! DTM if your on the track at the same time as another driver your given a lifetime ban

Very disappointed with Audi's actions though, its one thing to be annoyed with the actions of some drivers, but to pull in the few none-signficiantly-scoring drivers they had still in the race to try and pull some kind of publicity stunt is pathetic, their drivers were giving just as good as they got, and as it happened they were unfortunate to be on the wrong side of most of the incidents, and to imply that Mercedes were intentionally driving aggressively towards Audi drivers is childish. Certainly you give your 'teammates' more room when its them your side by side with, but its absolute BS for Audi to suggest they wouldnt expect their drivers to fight for their places too, just as Eky did when showing la Rosa the gravel, and Rocky on Paffett, quite possibly an incident or 2 from the opening lap. Audi gave, Audi got, Audi spat their dummy out and quite possibly disillusioned a pretty impressive spanish crowd.

Id love to see Opel back in the series, first started watching back in the days when daddy Rosberg (Keke) was racing, before running the team, always liked the Calibra. Likewise it'd be great having Alfa there too, Mercedes, Audi, Alfa & Opel, that would be really enjoyable to watch.

WTCC... I watch it, but its not a scratch on the BTCC or DTM, its fairly bland IMO, just as todays races have shown. There seems to be very little consistancy from one race to the next, very little on-track action, and i cant even begin to describe how much i HATE the reversed grid, in WTCC, LFS races, ANYTHING! The number of races where someone has qualified so-so, managed to get themselves into 8th place, started race 2 on pole on then gone on to win is beyond a joke, if you saw the race 1 winner fight through and retake their place or come close to doing so on a regular basis (afterall, they were a top qualifier and won race 1!) then fair enough, but seeing the Brazilian geezer start from right at the back after a crash in qual or something, take 8th in race 1 and then win race 2 its wrong, and i dont give a hoot about this 'entertainment' aspect, particularly when it provides no more entertainment than without it.
Also, what the hell was Turkington doing there!? Get your junk car off the damn track, leave the drivers competing in the series to actually compete instead of getting in their way. Its one thing that he doesnt score points, but he can still disrupt a race by a mistake or just by attacking or defending places because there is always a knock-on effect it has. I might just pop along to Thruxton in a couple weeks time and jump onto the track, have a bit of fun and all that. I dont drive mind you, but what the heck, its all a bit of fun right?!
#13 - AJS
Quote from BlueFlame :But AJS, your making the Danes hate Germans!, because :P i don't think you speak much Danish to you?

the danes all speak german so wheres the problem ? if not there is still english i guess

i also know some words in danish. Piskefloede being my favourite one.
Danish stopped getting interesting when I learnt some Swedish and Norwegian... cos... Danish is WEIRD!

Well, I was just having a stab at you haha, The Scandinavians are notoriously good at learning other languages... How DO they do it?
You English just get influenced badly by the U.S. and A. Their education system is rubbish too .

:hide:
are there any clips of the incidents?
#17 - J.B.
Quote from hrtburnout :You English just get influenced badly by the U.S. and A. Their education system is rubbish too .

:hide:

No, its foreigners learning English that get influenced by Americans, mainly the way they speak and act, I don't understand your point..
Quote from PaulC2K : and i cant even begin to describe how much i HATE the reversed grid, in WTCC, LFS races, ANYTHING!

Well, BTCC has it for race 3

Quote :Also, what the hell was Turkington doing there!? Get your junk car off the damn track, leave the drivers competing in the series to actually compete instead of getting in their way. Its one thing that he doesnt score points, but he can still disrupt a race by a mistake or just by attacking or defending places because there is always a knock-on effect it has

All other rounds allow guest drivers. Various STCC cars made guest appearances at Anderstorp, and more at other tracks. It's just that Colin was the only guest entry at Brands.

BTW Colin and Duncan Huisman will be running as "Team Aviva" (Aviva being parent company of RAC) at Macau. They will need to do something to the gearboxes to score points though. In the BTCC they are currently allowing people to run the old BTC-T sequential box or a normal homogolated one. It makes little difference though.
Quote from duke_toaster :
All other rounds allow guest drivers. Various STCC cars made guest appearances at Anderstorp, and more at other tracks. It's just that Colin was the only guest entry at Brands.

Well remember when the WTCC was the ETCC and they were just a side appearence of the FIA GT. It was 2005 when the German S2000 series (former DTC, now ADAC-Procar) made a guest appearance at Oschersleben and Spa. It was a 40 Car field. It would be possible again, but the ones who organises the ADAC-Procar focusses for some reason on the FIA GT, as side appearence, instead of the WTCC as guest apperance.
Quote from TFalke55 :Well remember when the WTCC was the ETCC and they were just a side appearence of the FIA GT. It was 2005 when the German S2000 series (former DTC, now ADAC-Procar) made a guest appearance at Oschersleben and Spa. It was a 40 Car field. It would be possible again, but the ones who organises the ADAC-Procar focusses for some reason on the FIA GT, as side appearence, instead of the WTCC as guest apperance.

Not all procar cars are S2000, a lot are Superproduction IIRC.
Enough, back the the DTM

I don't think Audi look good from doing what they did but it was nessacary, Look at the incidents, especially Jamie Green... he actually turned into (Kristensen, i think it was) racing incidents are always going to happen, but look at how many retirements Audi Had, BEFORE they sent cars in, taken out with a Mercedes everytime.

DTM Boycott
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG