The online racing simulator
Off-road racing sim
(25 posts, started )
Off-road racing sim
Hi everyone, I am looking for a decent off-road simulator. Possibly free roaming. I know that there is RBR and other rally games, but I am looking for something with more mud and dirt. Does anyone remember 1nsane? Something like that but with more realism and G25 support. Thanks
#2 - heson
Dont know about wheel support but cabelas offroad adventure was very fun and tried to be quite realistic.
Only game I can think of is 1NSANE really. That game was CLASS!!!. Ever tried driving on the ice track? INSANE FUN! .

I might install it again actually
SODA Off-Road Racing

(not really... it's like 10 years old)
#5 - ajp71
What about Cross Racing Championship, a later game from Invictus which AFAIK was based on 1nsane (which was an awesome game ).
best one out there is rigs of rods ... although it might not be exactly what youre looking for
Thanks for the replies I think I will give 1nsane a try, but gotta find the DVD with it first. Are you sure that it supports steering wheels and pedals? I don't remember...

I tried Offroad Arena, but that was terrible experience. Apart from that, I've got a taste of installing the good old Monster Truck Madness, muhehehe
1nsane does work with a wheel and pedal combo. I don't think it has FFB support, though. You can find it cheap online if you look around.

Leadfoot is a pretty good stadium off road racing game by Ratbag. No freeroaming, though.

SODA was good, but old. Last time I tried, I wasn't able to get it to work on my system. Also not really a free roaming game.

Screamer 4x4 was also a pretty good game. Lots of freeroaming, good variation of vehicles.

I'm waiting for Grand Raid Offroad to come out. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's made any progress in the last year and a half or so.
some say sega rally revo will be an awseome game,screamer 4x4 from my country is must have
#10 - Sudo
codemasters released 1nsane for free a bit ago. You can find it online.
#11 - aoun
have you tried LFS yet?
screamer 4x4 is my favourite offroad sim (apart from lfs) and it works great with the g25, considering how old it is, it does a pretty good job of reproducing some of the feelin you get driving offroad.
Isn't there some sort of Mercedes game that does that ? "Mercedes World Racing" or something ? Or is that the same as "Cross Racing Championship" ?
#14 - Jakg
Mercedes Benz World Racing you mean?

Fun, but the physics were sh*t
Yeah that must be it Jak.

It's been a few years, but i'm sure thats free roaming. Not sure if you'd call it a mud plugger, but i seem to remember a mission/task (whatever) where you had to drive though gates spread over fields and stuff.

Can't remember the physics at all. Is the OPer that bothered about them ?
#16 - Jakg
I think you've got confused between Mercedes Benz World Racing and that Tractor game - is it rTractor? :P

I think it was called "FreeTractor" or something.
Quote from aoun :have you tried LFS yet?

Actually no. Although it is already some half-year since I am S2 licensed and even downloaded the game, I still haven't played it. Is it worth playing? Haha, just kidding mate.

I gotta try 1nsane because in my earlier days, I remember that it was insane and I loved it, especially in multiplayer with my younger brother. I will also try other games that you have recommended, for which I am grateful to all of you guys

Does any of you remember the old Hungarian (correct me if I'm wrong) off-road racing game called Terep2? I think that 1nsane was made from this.
there is a really good offroad sim but i cant think for the life of me what its called, but i remember it havin a big area for free roam with a lot of different types of terrain, a pretty good selection of cars aswell, the cars were all road goin based wich made it a little bit more intresting, but u had options to lock it to 4wheel drive or just rear, u could lock the diffs etc, i always remember playin on this one map where u start off outside these wooden houses and they were surrounded by mountains wich providin entertainment for hours on end, not sure if u could use a wheel on it tho as its pretty old, the missions were really good aswell, had to do rock crawls through gates at night and rainin etc, ill try and find a link so u can check it out

*edit, try screamer 4x4 it looks pretty close to what i was playin all those years ago
ya screamer is bril but its more off road trialling than racing and it will support g25 but u cant use shifter.
I tried 1nsane and it was good fun, the wheel worked fine although it had some issues with force-feedback, the wheel kept vibrating all the time and the FF was very weak. I haven't tried the others yet but will.
How about DiRT?
OMG, I tried the Dirt demo the other day. I played it on XBox at my friend's house and thought it was mediocre. I did enjoy the different styles of racing. So I tried the demo, hoping it was better. OMG, w/ a dual core processor, 4 GB ram, and 8800Ultras SLi, I could barely run it with the damn graphics set to medium. What the hell?!?!?
#23 - Jakg
Driver issues - Dual Ultra's can max it, even at "Ultra"
Quote from aoun :have you tried LFS yet?

tbh, it isnt very good for off road racing
#25 - J.B.
I just tried the new Sega Rally demo as I used to love to drive it at the arcade. Don't waste your time. No steering wheel support and chase only view.

Off-road racing sim
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG