The online racing simulator
Sound preview S3, it's a joke?
(52 posts, started )
Pablo...:smash:
oh my god, that would be really awesome - please scawen, stop debugging codepages, work on the sounds
Quote from McAzerty :Please make those videos .WMV files, because my windows media player doesn't take .AVI files !

omg lol u cant install any codecpack with divx? :illepall
Quote from Warper :oh my god, that would be really awesome - please scawen, stop debugging codepages, work on the sounds

[complaining mode on]
don't tell me...i'm so sad that the most unuseful thing took precedence on everything needed to finish S2...and the worst thing, is that it's taking months... i'm so sad...
[/complaining mode off]
All in good time, im still very happy with S2 alpha

Great sounds though hoax or not. I have to admit, really good sound will at least double my enjoyment of LFS....would be the icing on the cake
He couldn't even get VLC Player, how should he be able to install codecs...
Hope the sounds in LFS will never be like the samples heard here
Quote from Jet_ CZE :omg lol u cant install any codecpack with divx? :illepall

Don't install codec PACKS even if you could do it. Those will just screw up your Windows. At least most of them.

Quote from Hyperactive :Hope the sounds in LFS will never be like the samples heard here

I wouldn't mind if the sound engine would create samples on-the-fly.
Omg.. The first video almost made me cry. It was so awesome. If it only could be true.

Btw, the best decoder is ffdshow btw..
Quote from JetroPag :Omg.. The first video almost made me cry. It was so awesome. If it only could be true.

Btw, the best decoder is ffdshow btw..

Totally agreeing
Even though I did no direct comparison and just watched that fxr_sound.avi I am pretty sure I know which engine we here there.....

http://mail.ocrana.com/member/ ... -%20Audi%20IMSA%20GTO.wma

.....and if you say it sounds like 'sh*t' I think you've got no clue

CU, Sebastian

PS: Just did a comparison.....I was right

PPS: I honestly believe LFS WILL sound that good

PPPPPPPPPS: Just watched that first vid again.....that simply does not sound like a racing engine.....this is just a tuned street-car.....does not fit the XRR at all.....or did you ever hear an FIA GT race car sound that 'civilised'? Same goes for that drag vid.....not my taste.....
Quote from DasBoeseC :just watched that fxr_sound.avi I am pretty sure I know which engine we here there.....

You would know, wouldn't you

IIRC the sound in the first vid is from Best Motoring video where they test the Mines R34 Skyline.. Sounds great, but it just isn't a racing car.

5cyl 4eva
lol....you guys that sound bit is from a best motoring video of the nissan skyline r34 gtr Z-tune...500hp...with a warranty...only 6 of them made...made as a commemoration of the r34's which are discontinued...

so someone fabricated this video...
no wait...sorry guys...I went over my best motoring collection on my computer and it's the best motoring of the r34 gtr skyline that was tuned by the infamous "Mine's" tuner company...in japan...in the video...the JGTC drivers compare it to the JGTC skylines they drive in real races and how this thing is as fast if not faster...
Quote from Huru-aito : 5cyl 4eva

And oh baby does that bird chirp!!!! Flys too! Lovely car.
Whenever I hear "Ferrari Sound", the Rendezvous Video comes to my mind. Anyways, having better sounds is one thing, but my personal focus is more on authentic tracks & cars (with fake names, due to licensing). Racing on Nürburgring Nordschleife is just sooo great... *sigh* Believe me or not, I got this lousy SimBin GTR only for racing the Nordschleife with different Porsche.
Well if this wasn't a prepared video (like the intro says) i have to say this is crazy and irresponsible. Driving in that manner through a city (here it is Paris late 70's or early 80's) and putting other lifes at risk has to be punished in a harsh manner. It always was my conviction that pushing to the limits is something you do on racetracks or closed areals, but not on civil roads.
Quote from LRB_Aly :Well if this wasn't a prepared video (like the intro says) i have to say this is crazy and irresponsible. Driving in that manner through a city (here it is Paris late 70's or early 80's) and putting other lifes at risk has to be punished in a harsh manner. It always was my conviction that pushing to the limits is something you do on racetracks or closed areals, but not on civil roads.

You can see more these idiots in "Getaway in Stockholm" videos. They should try to do a getaway from an electric chair.
Hey, please lets stay on topic - LFS Sounds! We shouldn't forget the topic until a dev gives us a little information on that
Maybe dev team could use a 4th member after all. A sound expert is clearly missing

*puts flame suit on*

Sound preview S3, it's a joke?
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG