The online racing simulator
Best Video card Agp 4x ?
(45 posts, started )
Best Video card Agp 4x ?
I have This Motherboard

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard Name: ECS 651-M / L4S5A(/DX+) / L4S5M(2) / L4S5M/DX+ / L4S5MG(3) / L4S5MG5 / L4S5MG/651+ / L4S5MG/GL+ / L4S5MG/GX+

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 533 MHz
Bandwidth 4266 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type SiS MuTIOL
Bus Width 16-bit

And Agp Speed is 4x , Now my question is :What is the Best VC (Video card) Agp 4x for mi pc?

I see this VC
Xfx Geforce Fx5200 Agp 4x 8x 128 Mb Fx 5200

Xfx Geforce Fx6200 Agp 4x 8x 256 Mb Fx 6200 Tvout

But i have fear to put that :its say agp 4x and 8x , if y put this VC is Risky burn the matherboard?
________
Centura
i wouldnt do that.
imo ur be better if u buy a new motherboard which supports PCI-E and buy a suitable graphics card for it.
PCI-E cards are cheaper as well.
the downside however is that u prolly would need a new cpu as well, as i guess u got an old one, which uses a socket what is outdated.
I'm on the same boat. All my shit is stuck in the past (AGP 4x board, DDR ram, socket 478) And I really am going for a whole new rig soon, but I was looking into the 6600 GT's. They arn't too power hungry which is good for my outdated 300watt PSU, and they are compatable with AGP 8x/4x/2x. They are pretty cheap around here not sure over on your end though. The card can handle alot of stuff (considering how old it is) It would be a great thing to add to your setup and use as 'the other computer' But if you want to play anything new, at damanding settings, you WILL need a PCI-E board and everything that goes with it.
~Bryan~
Well this is mi pc

Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11
Computer Name MASTER
User Name Ricatti
Logon Domain MASTER

Motherboard
CPU Type Unknown, 2533 MHz (4.75 x 533)
Motherboard Name ECS 651-M / L4S5A(/DX+) / L4S5M(2) / L4S5M/DX+ / L4S5MG(3) / L4S5MG5 / L4S5MG/651+ / L4S5MG/GL+ / L4S5MG/GX+
Motherboard Chipset SiS 651
System Memory 224 MB
BIOS Type Award (05/13/05)

Display
Video Adapter SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740 (32 MB)
3D Accelerator SiS 315

Multimedia
Audio Adapter SiS 7012 Audio Device

Storage
Floppy Drive Unidad de disquete
Disk Drive HDS728080PLAT20
Disk Drive Maxtor 32049H2 (20 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8527B
Optical Drive LD8533N OPH585T SCSI CdRom Device
Optical Drive LD8533N OPH585T SCSI CdRom Device

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 78520 MB (13174 MB free)
D: (FAT32) 19531 MB (2854 MB free)

Input
Keyboard Teclado est?ndar de 101/102 teclas o Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical

Network
Primary IP Address xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
Primary MAC Address 00-14-2A-1D-90-1C
Network Adapter Adaptador Fast Ethernet SiS 900-Based PCI (200.127.34.68)

Peripherals
Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
USB Device Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical

The matherboard

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 05/13/2005-SiS-651-6A6IXE19C-00
Motherboard Name ECS 651-M / L4S5A(/DX+) / L4S5M(2) / L4S5M/DX+ / L4S5MG(3) / L4S5MG5 / L4S5MG/651+ / L4S5MG/GL+ / L4S5MG/GX+

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 533 MHz
Bandwidth 4266 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type SiS MuTIOL
Bus Width 16-bit

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Elitegroup Computer Systems

And The chip set

Chipset Properties
Motherboard Chipset SiS 651
In-Order Queue Depth 12
CAS Latency 2.5T
RAS To CAS Delay 3T
RAS Precharge 3T
RAS Active Time 6T

Integrated Graphics Controller
Graphics Controller Type SiS 315
Graphics Controller Status Enabled
Graphics Frame Buffer Size 32 MB

AGP Properties
AGP Version 2.00
AGP Status Enabled
AGP Aperture Size 256 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x
Current AGP Speed 4x
Fast-Write Not Supported
Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

Problems & Suggestions
Problem AGP aperture size is more than half of the system memory size. This may cause performance penalty.

Plz Tell me What Good Vid Card Buy
________
VAPORIZER REVIEWS
You can go into the BIOS and turn down the amount of RAM saved for the onboard graphics. I actually have the same SiS chipset in my motherboard. Go for a 6600 GT like i said earlier. But if you want anything to last you for modern gaming you will need to upgrade your entire platform, AGP 4x and DDR just can't pump out the power needed for intense gaming.
~Bryan~
I was running the game pretty well cranked with my 256mb GeForce 5500 and a gig of 2100. The card will do 8x AGP but my old 478 board would only run 4x. If you really want to make that system last, I say get a 6600GT as Bryan suggested, and snag a decent power supply too, but first get some more system RAM. When you finally upgrade, (like I did not long ago, also going the PCI-E route), you can put the new supply in the fresh system. OCZ has good ones for great prices. I went with their 700w here.
Actually the 6600 GT probably wont need a new PSU. Check the sticker on the side of your PSU, if its 300watts with 15amps on a 12v rail you will be fine (asuming PSU is still healthy, and the case isn't crammed full of shit)
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Actually the 6600 GT probably wont need a new PSU. Check the sticker on the side of your PSU, if its 300watts with 15amps on a 12v rail you will be fine (asuming PSU is still healthy, and the case isn't crammed full of shit)
~Bryan~

True, but having a nice solid PSU can make all the difference in the world somtimes, (as well as keep you from eating hardware), and if he ever builds a new system he'll need it. I don't like running on the edge of power consumption. Before I did anything I'd be finding some more system RAM though, especially since he's got XP. He's at the lower limit for his OS on its own, unless I read it wrong..
#9 - ajp71
Honestly you'd be better off starting from scratch with a new computer than trying to upgrade that.
Quote from ajp71 :Honestly you'd be better off starting from scratch with a new computer than trying to upgrade that.

If he's trying to run anything heavier, yes, but if he just wants it to run LFS well then no. Slap some more ram in it and spend $45 on a video card and call it done. If looking to the future too, upgrade the PSU and swap it to the new system when the time comes. Like I said, I was running the game GREAT with a $50 5500 256MB AGP (running at 4X) on a socket 478 P4 2.4Ghz and a gig of 2100 DDR. I didn't build my new rig for this game.
Quote from Tinytacohead :If he's trying to run anything heavier, yes, but if he just wants it to run LFS well then no. Slap some more ram in it and spend $45 on a video card and call it done. If looking to the future too, upgrade the PSU and swap it to the new system when the time comes. Like I said, I was running the game GREAT with a $50 5500 256MB AGP (running at 4X) on a socket 478 P4 2.4Ghz and a gig of 2100 DDR. I didn't build my new rig for this game.

Well it depends what kind of performance you're after, I presume usable (at least 35) fps on low detail settings is what he's after which would be possible on this system for smaller grids but I would have thought you'd have issues trying to race on full 32 (or even 20) car servers online. I know I do and TBH I've got a slightly better system than that, although the processor is the main limitation in LFS.
i have seen some Nvidia GeForce 7 series cards (not sure which ones) has agp versions of it look around newegg or something similar for that matter
Quote from ajp71 :Well it depends what kind of performance you're after, I presume usable (at least 35) fps on low detail settings is what he's after which would be possible on this system for smaller grids but I would have thought you'd have issues trying to race on full 32 (or even 20) car servers online. I know I do and TBH I've got a slightly better system than that, although the processor is the main limitation in LFS.

I didn't run that system long enough to get to the latest patch where you can run 32, but I know I ran quite a few on the grid without probs, with most everything cranked and the "dust mod" turned up a bit. (not specific card settings mind you, like AA/AF - just in-game sets with default card sets) Things really picked up when I bumped from 512MB to a gig, even though it was oldschool 2100. That system's still kicking, but just as a server for various games & programs. Regardless, he's saying he's running 224MB with XP, which is his first big issue in my mind. FWIW, I did have all unecessary Winblows services turned off, and a few of those kinda system tweaks.

EDIT - I agree, much time below 32FPS is no good, I try and set all my games to run 32+ at all times
A 6600 GT is all thats needed for LFS to run a basic 1280x1024 screen res with eye candy turned up. The only time the fps might dip down is with some AI grids (more then 4-5 in view). Online I don't think there will be too many problems, your fps will dip because of the processer, but as long as you don't run full grids of AI alot you should be fine.
~Bryan~
OK now Y buy with vid card a new set o ram i think mi matherboar support 2gb of ram , whit a gforce 6600gt 256mb and a Ram Kingstone 1gb Ddr2 533Mhz X2 ,my LFS shoul be run Smoth?
________
Health Injuries &Amp; Problems Forums
Quote from Inouva :OK now Y buy with vid card a new set o ram i think mi matherboar support 2gb of ram , whit a gforce 6600gt 256mb and a Ram Kingstone 1gb Ddr2 533Mhz X2 ,my LFS shoul be run Smoth?

Yes, that setup should run it well. That's basically what I had, but I had 1gb less Kingston and a 5500 insted of 6600.
Quote from Inouva :OK now Y buy with vid card a new set o ram i think mi matherboar support 2gb of ram , whit a gforce 6600gt 256mb and a Ram Kingstone 1gb Ddr2 533Mhz X2 ,my LFS shoul be run Smoth?

I'm fairly certain you don't have DDR2 RAM, at least according to a quick google, best speak to someone who can better advise you before going any further
Quote from ajp71 :I'm fairly certain you don't have DDR2 RAM, at least according to a quick google, best speak to someone who can better advise you before going any further

Yeah, I missed that part, I'd say you can only run DDR1. As ajp said, consult somebody who knows the specifics on your motherboard. The fastest my 478 board can handle is 2100 speed DDR1, so there's no point in my, (and possibly wasted money), getting anything faster.
Quote from ajp71 :I'm fairly certain you don't have DDR2 RAM, at least according to a quick google, best speak to someone who can better advise you before going any further

if i under stand well , can have only 2 rams of 512mbs in my motherboar? as total of 1gb ?

Or can i have 2 rams of 1gb ddr200? , can explain to me?
________
ARIZONA DISPENSARIES
Quote from Inouva :if i under stand well , can have only 2 rams of 512mbs in my motherboar? as total of 1gb ?

Or can i have 2 rams of 1gb ddr200? , can explain to me?

DDR2 and DDR1 RAM is not compatible, it is physically different. I'm not really confident enough on my understanding of it to advise you on what to do with any certainty, but taking a look at the Wikipedia article and seeing what the Crucial RAM tester comes up with should help you.
Quote from ajp71 :DDR2 and DDR1 RAM is not compatible, it is physically different. I'm not really confident enough on my understanding of it to advise you on what to do with any certainty, but taking a look at the Wikipedia article and seeing what the Crucial RAM tester comes up with should help you.

Thx a lot , Now for safety , wen go to buy the new ram?s memory , i take the memory of mi pc and show to the seller i want the same ram but whith more Mb xD
________
Honda VF400F history
You might print out a spec sheet on your motherboard and take it with you too, in case they have some faster DDR that will work.
Dude, any DDR RAM will work, it just will run at a speed up to 400mhz. TBH if you have 1gig thats pretty much all you'll need, another gig won't do much in your case. For instance, I always have limited processes running, I keep my multi-tasking to a minimum, and never use this computer for anything hardcore (it's simply too outdated to do anything special) I'm going to add a 512 stick to my board for a total of 768MB. Thats under a gig, and I bet my computer will never 'starve' for RAM. It's a big misconception that people think that more RAM is always better, your system only uses so much. 1gig is enough for an XP system like that, not really running alot at once (I'm asuming, because those processers don't like to be crammed with tasks) Ask for DDR ram, sized 1gigabyte. If by chance the RAM is not picked up by the system just go into the BIOS and manually setup it's speed (If you don't know how to, any computer store will be happy to do it for you)
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Dude, any DDR RAM will work, it just will run at a speed up to 400mhz...

Didn't look that far - there's your answer, DDR400, and I agree, 1 gig should do you fine for your LFS needs. I was happy with my gig of Kingston in my 478 rig. (and a cheap 256MB AGP vid card)
Quote from dropin_biking :Dude, any DDR RAM will work, it just will run at a speed up to 400mhz.

u will most likely lose a lot pertformance if u put in too fast ram.
so, go straight for 400 mhz.

Best Video card Agp 4x ?
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG