The online racing simulator
Round 6 Westhill International - Pre-race discussion
Please discuss any pre-race issues here........

I doubt I will get much practice for this event, I am off to stay in a log cabin in wales for a week......which will be nice
Don't much like this track. The FZ5 will obviously have the advantage however. Should be a good race.
rac will drift like madd
First corner is amazingly scary in the RAC. On the opposite direction RAC is quite nice on we1 but on normal direction the track really brings out the worst of it. In a way this track is a bit similar to BL1r in some ways. The corners are all quite similar which means to learn one is to learn them all. Hope I can find time to participate, haven't really got any decent results from westhill yet...

EDIT: other things cancelled, I'm in if I has a spot!
Ok, did a little practice this morning, race set and race fuel load, getting high 52's, low 53's consistantly, attached is a WIP setup.
Attached files
FZ50_westhill.set - 132 B - 1039 views
LFSWorld sayz I've done a whopping seven laps on the combo - God knows when. Current PB 1:55.07 so I got plenty of secs to shave off.

Looking forward to the event, though the track itself isn't my favorite.
Personally, I think Westhill is mis-read, I like it, on one side, it feels easy and boring, but if you are really "on it", it is quite challenging, and I like the way each corner flows into each other, plus the last corner can be taken in many different lines, so it's a clear overtaking place.
I don't like this track. Especially with road cars. And RAC is very hard to drive here. Done few laps today after F1 with best laptime 54,7 , but no set for this track.
So, if anyone will be so kind and share his set for RAC please..
I have mixed a few sets and attached the result.
Haven't tested it yet, so perhaps you can reply after testing, if it works or not.
Attached files
RA_WEint_test.set - 132 B - 145 views
Thanks. Your set works fine. Although it doesn't fit my driving style, i've done 53,5 and could be much better in hands of some alien.

Then i've downloaded inferno set from Hannu, mixed it together with your set and here's result. It's a bit "drifty" set, laptime 52,8 also with some reserves.
Attached files
RA_westhill.set - 132 B - 157 views
pullin low 1.58 loads ov room for improvement
lol "Leauges"
anyone up for some pracy tonight? looks like a no then.

I tried your set Dan, & I just cant get on with it. I don't know how you managed a 1.52 lap but I have manged a low ish 53 with a few tweaks.
Just realized looking at my calendar... I have to skip this round as I'm organizing a gig on Thursday night.

Damn, there goes my 4th place on the championship standings.
me & bluflame having some practisse yesterday , god were gunna suck still 1:58 that was both of us
I've probably done about as many laps as you can count on your fingers. don't ask me what my pb is. don't even know if i will bother with the event. Just no time to practice with school now.
right. I'm up to 9 laps and a 1:53. Anybody up for some practice?
Can't take part in this one either. Sorry. :weeping:
I'm at 1.56 or somesuch
I'll be on the event server for practice tomorrow evening, 1:52-1:53 here.
Did a new pb. Nothing to joy about as my consistency is awful. Laptimes between high 1:51 to 1:54

Managed to find time to race
Quote from Tobsen00 :Hehe, I think the only race we will experience, will be the race between us =] (like last race)

lol but that was 1:57:9 once then i was back up to 1:58 but even if theres only 17 drivers im in the points
You have done well sticking with it Jack, you are certainly faster now than when you started .

OK, pm's going out in 5, let me know if you don't receive it.
Quote from danowat :You have done well sticking with it Jack, you are certainly faster now than when you started .

OK, pm's going out in 5, let me know if you don't receive it.

its now 1:56:7 im really proud but that was once then i crashed , got a bit exited lol
I'm managing low 1:56's, Jack is catching me up for pace but Benj tweaked my RAC set, more oversteery, but I'm just not used to backing off the throttle. Hopefully I'll be in the 55's after my testing tonight

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG