The online racing simulator
Want to race in a truly tough formula?
(32 posts, started )
Want to race in a truly tough formula?
If you are the kind of driver who likes a real challenge then maybe you should consider dual class racing. In the spirit of Le Mans the GFC runs two classes of car on the same track. This means not only do you have to concentrate on the corner in front of you but also slower cars that you are closing on fast or alternatively much faster cars appearing in your mirrors.

In the GFC we run FO8s and FOXs in 75 minute races. See the following thread for more information:
http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

Obviously this type of racing has to be strictly controlled to ensure a fair race for everyone. In the GFC we hold judicial reviews following each race for any incidents that occurred. This means drivers do not have to argue with each other over whose fault a particular incident was.
http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

We adhere to rules such as no passing under yellow flags to avoid one incident becoming several. Here are all the rules as they stand:
http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26

The rules are clear and they are illustrated by footage produced for the judicial reviews. Decisions are made by the community as a whole by way of a voting system.
http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewforum.php?f=34

In order to be successful in the GFC you do not have to be the fastest driver. Instead you need to score points consistently over the season and finish every race. This is illustrated by looking at the current standing after 8 races.
http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150

I also provide statistics and driver performance in this spreadsheet and some trend information for the season as a whole.

There are 4 races left for this season and I would invite anyone considering season 2 to run a couple of tests by racing in one or two of the final four races left of this season. This is a very different racing experience to other leagues and public servers.

All the drivers this season have expressed their enjoyment of this ultimate challenge series. Grids are usually around 20-25 cars at the moment so there are several places left for new blood coming in.

If you would like to join register at http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/ and then send your entry by following the entry procedure stated here:
http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Feel free to view some of the replays if you want to see some of the action:
http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

You don't have to be the greatest LFS driver in the world to compete in this series. I accept all levels of skill and I have found that the rookies that started this season are now formidable drivers as this format of racing teaches you awareness and speed.
As Gentlefoot says this a really great series which I would thoroughly recommend. There’s a great atmosphere between drivers and the racing is really clean. The length of the race is a real challenge too, requiring pit stops and plenty of concentration, which adds to the tactical element of racing which you don’t generally get in the short races on public servers.

There’s a good spread of experience too so anyone can join and have a good race. I started as league n00b but my driving has improved rapidly and now I’m fairly competitive. Some of the best single seater drivers in LFS are involved too, so there are some great drivers to learn from. In fact 2 world records have been broken in the course of the season.

Only a few drivers have managed to complete the majority of races too, so there’s still a chance of a decent championship position.

Hope to see some new faces at Westhill in 2 weeks time, you won't regret it!
As a current member of the GFC in a FOX and doing quite nicely in the league I'd encourage newbies who are after good, clean racing to apply.

I started the GFC with very little LFS experience and have hugely improved over the past few months learning new tracks and racing with very experienced guys.

Pure speed isn't that crucial if you race consistently and fairly.

I'm not the only slower runner who's doing well either - there's several of us.
sorry gentlefoot that you havent heard of me anymore.
because allways when i get the password im to late.
or yeah... i see it to late.

but i will try to be there next race.

its really an enjoyable league peeps
Just to reiterate what everyone has said so far; the GFC has produced great racing throughout the season so far in both classes. We have a consistent judicial procedure set in place to penalise drivers who break the rules, which in-turn makes the racing better for everybody in the long run. There are drivers of all calibre in both classes so you will find competition no matter how skilled you are.
As one of the GFC drivers I can confirm that racing is great in there. Tough on the front, but fun nevertheless. If you ever thought of racing a single seater race, then try the GFC, it's great.
The GFC is the first event I have entered.

I'm not particularly experienced and was worried I'd end up getting in people's way and even ruining someone else's race. However, everyone in the GFC is really friendly and helpful and everyone is made to feel welcome. While things are competitive at the very top, just completing a race is quite a challenge and there is always a positive and encouraging atmosphere.

The dual-class thing keeps things exciting through the whole race - you rarely have a lap when you're out on your own.

Being the resident Captain Slow, I'd love to have some more people to battle with at the back of the field! All you need to be is consistent and considerate.

ted209
The dual-class format is just one of the things that makes the GFC something really special. It's a very unique challenge for drivers of both cars, the FO8 and FOX.
Just ran my first race yesterday, had great fun and the dual classes mean that theres always something to do on track. Everyone is very helpful and friendly, and the FOX drivers are fantastic during a race, I wasn't held up at all when lapping them.

Its very easy to just enter one race to get a feel for the GFC, I did that yesterday, it only took one PM and 5 minutes to register on the forum...which is a great forum by the way, with track guides and useful tips.

So if your sick of petty arguements and 'team sets' I would enter GFC, or at least give it a go.
#10 - FL!P
Quote from Forbin :The dual-class format is just one of the things that makes the GFC something really special. It's a very unique challenge for drivers of both cars, the FO8 and FOX.

Yes, and since it requires all the drivers to be very aware of the others, this is probably the league in which I've taken part where the racing is the cleanest. Really enjoyable!
If you are looking for a league that is both competitive and has great sense of community, I urge you to join us at the GFC. I am one of the slower guys but it really doesn't matter as the battle at the back is just as feirce as the fight at the front. The races are a good length with pit strategy coming in to play and this league really does improve your driving and overall racecraft. Join the GFC and you will fall in love with live for speed all over again.

Ian Maslen - Fox
I'm also a driver and big fan of the series. Apart from everything the other participants have said, I enjoy the good nature of the racing.

If you like flame wars and name calling then don't try the GFC! It is very good natured as all the drivers respect each other, but no one gives an inch either

Whatever your speed and ability there's always someone to race against. Give it a try!
This is the first LFS league I have joined, and it is an absolute pleasure to beracing in. Even though I'm usually one of the slower FOX drivers, there's no shortage of battles for me on track. The racing is intense, yet very fair, and very clean. It makes no difference what kind of pace you are capable of, you will always have a number of drivers who are right there fighting tooth and nail with you for position. I can't begin to say enough good things about everyone who races in the GFC. I think it would be hard to find a finer bunch of folks to compete against.

If you're a fan of the single seaters, and like fair racing, you owe it to yourself to sign up and join us.
I would REALLY be interested in this league if it were an hour earlier.

It's a Sunday, which is not a bad day for me, but having it at 2000GMT, means 2100BST (and 2200CET), which, for an race that is 75mins long is far too late IMO.

Factor in some qually (which I can't find, as the info seems to be scattered over a number of posts on your forum), you then have an event that finishes at nearly 2300BST and 0000CET, which when you have work next day, and have to get up at 0530 is FAR too late.

I reckon if you changed the day, or made the start earlier, you would maybe get more interest?.

Just a thought.
Qualifying is 20 minutes. 5 minutes for FOXs only followed by 15 minutes for both classes. So the race usually ends just before 11pm BST. When the clocks go back it will start an hour earlier (8pm GMT)as the race time is set in GMT, so please come and give it a try then if it's too late at the moment.

This issue has been raised by some European racers before, so it may be that the start time is changed for next season.
Will certainly make more sence for me when the clocks go back (28th Oct), unfortunately, that only leaves 2 events, but I'll endevour to enter to those 2 events.
Quote from danowat :Will certainly make more sence for me when the clocks go back (28th Oct), unfortunately, that only leaves 2 events, but I'll endevour to enter to those 2 events.

It has been raised a few times now. At the start of the season I held a vote for the start time and 20:00GMT was the most popular choice. However, I'm suspicious some of the people who voted didn't know that that was actually 21:00BST.

At the end of this season we are voting again to decide if we want to move the start time forward by one hour.

It would be great to have you aboard Dan. Another quality racer to add to the list
Like I mentioned in the GFC forum, becuase most of Europe has Daylight Savings Time now it would probably be better to keep it so the 'local' time stays the same throughout the season (8pm UK time seems to be what everyone wants now).
Thanks for all the testimonials guys. I'm gonna create a testimonials page on the main site for them. For the best one I will add it to the sidebar on www.gentlefoot.com
gentlefoot.com has been updated following race 9 last night of the GFC. Please visit the site for replays, standings etc etc.
I have decided to offer prizes for the GFC and GTTC season winners. The winners of the GTR and TBO classes in the GTTC and the FOX and FO8 classes in the GFC will now win a genuine, quality trophy!

The trophy will be motorsport oriented with a plaque and personalised engraving.

The next season of the GFC and GTTC is due to start on Sunday 6th January. Get your entry in now to be in with a chance of winning these excellent prizes.

Read more here:
http://gentlefoot.com

Enter here:
http://gentlefoot.com/entry.html
Sounds interesting I will probably be signing up to one of your well organised championships very soon . One thing I would say, the race length put me off entering last time. 45-60mins would be better for me, but I am only one person & I dont know the general consensus on this.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG