The online racing simulator
Please vote for LFS!!
(56 posts, started )
rbr doesnt simulate downforce as far as i know... just drag.

the game feels great. ffb is great and the cars move as you would expect them... but alot of modders who have looked at the games insides were a bit dissapointed with how there were some "shortcuts" taken in the physics department.

Its still a musthave for sim fans and rally fans .

so.. i'd say lfs show's the most promise when it comes to physics. We shall see if that changes when nkPro comes out.
Quote from Gabkicks :the game feels great. ffb is great and the cars move as you would expect them... but alot of modders who have looked at the games insides were a bit dissapointed with how there were some "shortcuts" taken in the physics department.

Really? Interesting. Maybe it was done to be able to get consoles to handle the calculations?

Yes, nkPro is the one I'm really waiting for. As much as I love GTL's handling and feel I'll acknowledge that the engine it's built on is the MS Flight Simulator of race sim engines. Very open and easy to work with but still using tables to look things up and not calculating properly. But, in the end, it's the game that I enjoy playing the most and convinces me best that I'm driving a real car. For all it's realism, to me LFS feels wrong - unless I'm driving the FO8 and then it feels spot on. Dodgy cockpits, dodgy sounds, arcadey looking displays and fantasy cars & tracks don't help the cause for me either but each to their own.

Mmmm, GPL cockpits *drool*
#54 - Mc21
LFS 233 72.81%

Haha!
Just voted.

71.47% at this time.

Nice to see
Competition of the biggest fan base. Nice and accurate.

Please vote for LFS!!
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG