The online racing simulator
Please vote for LFS!!
(56 posts, started )
Voted for the one and only. LFS
/me wants also such a gamecenter in Belgium
Always the 'northernneighbours' who get the fancy stuff uh
Anyway, voted to too, LFS of course ! I wonder, are we the only people who saw the poll or do the communities of the other games just don't want to vote or don't know about it or euh voted for LFS also or... Hope nobody spreads the word and wakes up the other game community's! Anyway..comfortable lead
Voted for RBR, it looks like LFS has enough votes already Let's make them thrash the CMR from their simulators (these two words just don't fit together) and simulate real thing instead
Voted for Mercedes Benz World Racing. Naw, jk i voted for LFS!!!
LFS...81.44%
LFS++
since we obviously have one of the best online gaming communities around, why dont we use that to our advantage and create a poll to promote LFS? somethin like best racing simulation game of 2005? ofcourse LFS will get a few hundred votes within a day, but hey, it'll catch people's attention, especially these whos been living in a cave the last few years and never heard of LFS
Quote from Lola Popeye :since we obviously have one of the best online gaming communities around, why dont we use that to our advantage and create a poll to promote LFS? somethin like best racing simulation game of 2005? ofcourse LFS will get a few hundred votes within a day, but hey, it'll catch people's attention, especially these whos been living in a cave the last few years and never heard of LFS

A poll on RSC? Hasnt there already been one.
Would be funny to make a poll on the LFSForum tho, see how many people vote for other 'sims'
Quote from (SaM) :Would be funny to make a poll on the LFSForum tho, see how many people vote for other 'sims'

Yeah, but we could give 'em a good slapping afterwards
If we got at least half the forum to vote for lfs, we would definatly win! lol!
Quote from ColeusRattus :What did that one lose up there? Guess we should also advertise Richard Burns Rallye, allthough it won't have a sequel

Well, RBR kind of have a sequel already: http://www.gizmondo.com/games/item.asp?id=11

Once I watched that video there I almost wanted to cry. I think the main reason for this is that RBR didn't sell enough copies and because of that Gizmondo (portable console) company bought Warthog. :'(
It's funny though. GPL being voted for best sim game in 2005. It was published in 1998. It just shows how good it actually is.

There are some funny remarks, like
Quote :
I actually like LFS a lot, which is doubly infuriating because i would play LFS more if only angry insects could be replaced with internal combustion engines

Quote from Hyperactive :It's funny though. GPL being voted for best sim game in 2005. It was published in 1998. It just shows how good it actually is.

There are some funny remarks, like

Quote:
I actually like LFS a lot, which is doubly infuriating because i would play LFS more if only angry insects could be replaced with internal combustion engines

Haha, that made be burst laughing

But indeed yes, GPL was so much ahead of its time when it was released. But honestly tho, I don't think it's better than LFS in sheer realism. Not that I've ever driven a sixties formula racer IRL, the cars in it don't feel "good" or like they should, they feel afloat somehow. Hard to explain.
floaty and incredably predictable. doesnt feel as complex as lfs... but still pretty good. Sad how some fanboys bash lfs on that thread. cant you cant have a conversation with extreme fanboys like that.
Quote from Exar Kun :Looks like LFS has been knocked off it's perch fellas. Who would believe that another game could have fanboys just as rabid!

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?p=2778818#post2778818

GPL? .. never heard of it, Mick

Now, when interpeting these poll results, we must remember that RSC is the Mecca for GPL'ers and the LFS brethren aren't as centralised. Nonetheless, the old bangers sure command some loyalty

Hey Gab, FYI the GPL '67 cars are meant to be floaty. That's what you get when you mix 400hp with no aero. They're definitely not as complex (again, no aero and they're 38 year-old cars too) - although the .exe itself is still revered as being way ahead of its time. Wait for GPL 1969 and you may revise your complexity theory (as this will include downforce). As for being predictable, you probably aren't driving them fast enough For open-wheelers, GPL ('65 or '67) is the ultimate for me.

As for tin-tops, LFS is the bomb!
(had to throw that in )
i know. i was just pissed at the guy who was bashing lfs.
My vote is in. I wonder if the "outside interferance" will cause LFS to be disquallified?

Peter
"Outside interference"? If LFS'ers are guilty of it then so are GPL'ers. In spades
Quote from Hankstar :Hey Gab, FYI the GPL '67 cars are meant to be floaty. That's what you get when you mix 400hp with no aero. They're definitely not as complex (again, no aero and they're 38 year-old cars too) - although the .exe itself is still revered as being way ahead of its time.

GPL doesn't feel floaty What was surprizing for me was that some people don't get the same floaty feeling from GTR as I do. For me there are only couple sims that don't feel floaty; the LFS, GPL and netkar.

And here are some more oneliners:
Quote :
LFS sounds like a spectrum, i cannot vote for a game which uses sounds from 1985

Love how LFS is winning. haha it isnt even realistic....Some of the worst physics around but thats what you get with people who have never driven a race car...

Quote from The pigs at RSC :
Love how LFS is winning. haha it isnt even realistic....Some of the worst physics around but thats what you get with people who have never driven a race car...

WTF? Who does he/she think he/she is?
#47 - axus
Quote from hrtburnout :WTF? Who does he/she think he/she is?

Someone who hasn't even driven LFS and hasn't realised that the GTR cars aren't quite complete yet (they haven't been around as long) and doesn't see life beyond downfoce cars because he/she can't handle huge amounts of power on a road car (without driving aids anyway which LFS hardly has any of) and someone who doesn't see the purpose of low powered road cars because he/she is a hotlapper and knows nothing about close racing.

(in other words, a thick, block-headed individual who lives in his/her own little world)
I think calling them names is a bit OTT isn't it? It was definitely a pretty stupid and small-minded comment but I hardly think it requires insults. I'm confident that guy would be in the minority at RSC and at the GPL forums, and it'd be a shame if you judged everyone over there by that guy's one ill-informed comment.

There are loads of GPL fans (like me) who also play LFS precisely because they can get close racing with a bunch of different cars. I like that LFS and GPL different in so many ways, but I also like their similarities. In both games, the creators attempted to do things a bit differently and produce a top-end, high quality and unique sim, which they did. In both games over the years I've had some awesome racing experiences that left me grinning like a moron for hours - a good chase is a good chase, doesn't matter what car, track or game. Both games have generated huge, loyal online communities which continue to contribute to the life and quality of their favourite game, frequently providing all sorts of addons, utilities, mods and other stuff. Both games have loads of great things to offer anyone who likes fast cars - if one person can't be nice for whatever reason, it's his loss in the end. Let him be ignorant, he's the one missing out.
For someone to open a Racing SimCafe which is a business i assume they would have done some sort of research into their corner of the market... no a great start that they didn't have LFS as one of the main Sims
Quote from Hankstar :GPL? .. never heard of it, Mick

Haha - it's nice to go to a forum where I'm not actually staff or anything and just stir things up.

My vote went to GTL on that list although out of all sims currently produced, Richard Burns Rally has by far the most advanced physics. NR2k3 and GTR are the best representations of real life racing series ever produced.

I appreciate most sims on that list. They are all works of art in their own way. I currently play GTL almost exclusively and I love it. Online is awesome fun. Just throwing the cars around feels great. It's the best sim of low-speed cars I've ever played. I can feel what the car is doing so much more than in LFS - but that's a subjective thing. There is no "best", there is only a "favourite". I just laugh at anyone who thinks otherwise.

Please vote for LFS!!
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG