The online racing simulator
Improve?
I have had a few complaints about the running of Battle Of The Teams
I hope to make your experience in BOTT as best as possible

So what needs to be improved and how?
Maybe make the server passworded 2 hours before the event. Else you will have that "non BOTT drivers" on it just 5 minutes before the quali starts.

Everything else worked well. When i find something else i will tell it.
maybe more qualifying servers.. it's very hard to make a clean lap during the qualifying because of the traffic
no complaint, but just something i noticed yesterday

* no talking during position assignment for the race, makes the whole process a lot faster

We do this the same way in the rxc league, and it works perfectly
Very confusing what server you should join before Q. I was told it didn`t matter..but it did.. Apparantley we should be on the same server as before Q in R1. So better information before the round.

I did make a complaint in R1.. nothing heard about the result of that.

Do not use the same PW again and again, because former participants joins the server because they know the pw.

If a driver from a participating team and he is not their BOTT racer, does join the server during Q and the race, the team should be penalized in some sort. It should ONLY be the 2 signed racer who should join a server.

Stick to the time schedule. It can be done if it was the right people on the servers from the start.
Quote from Rocabiliz :maybe more qualifying servers.. it's very hard to make a clean lap during the qualifying because of the traffic

This is why I thought the server you qualified on would be in order of championship points, because especcially on last nights combo there were some people 5 seconds off the pace. Just is going to have more and more people being held up and more overtaking leading to more accidents.

Would also mean less travelling around between servers aswell, as most of the top teams will qualify for pool 1 and so on.

Btw, why not just make the password bottrace03 for event 3? Would make sense tbh. Also have them passworded 12 hours before the event (When you fux go to bed) Would save alot of hassle.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Yeah, agree with everything thats been said. Would be good to have server passworded well before event, and if anyone enters who shouldn't the team should be docked points. Also, I had no idea what server I was supposed to be in for qualy, and no one else did either. Also, if you change the password before event I guarantee it will be a shambles like round 1, as I never received the password at all, had to ask others for it...

I also think qualy is too hectic, 30 mins would be better IMO, and possibly spread to another server, so we could have less people in each. BTW, how are we supposed to know which server we should qualify in?
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from Richard Torp :Better for me IF it was written "You must be on the same server for qualifying as you were in R1" or something like that...

That does make sense, you qualfiy on the server you raced on in the last event.
Improve?

YES PLEASE!
Can we start at 20UTC sharp? The races already end around midnight here, so I'd appreciate it if we could at least start as early as possible.
So:

1. PWDed servers well before event
2. Passwords sent well before event
3. Admins on all servers 10+ minutes before event
4. Qualy starts at 20:00:00 UTC, if someone is late - it's their problem
(5.?) (Disabling or resetting the tracker at proper time)
(6.?) (Very good suggestion made above so I'll repost it: server sorting for quali according to positions in general standings)
(7.?) (Admins kick players that re-join the server after 50% of the race and go right into traffic, so that racers do not need to lose focus by clicking through kick/ban options instead of driving the goddamn car).

Thank you.

EDIT:
Oh, and could we please have the graphs in statistics? This is my favourite way to see what was going on at a glance.
Get the website updated with information.

This is missing:

Tribunal Judges and Server Admins

Servers

Update this:

General Information

zOOm Gallery
I do agree with Richard above as the BOTT Website itself seems to be under used at the present time - The Website should be our first port of call for Bott Issues not the LFS Forum.
Quote from filipvdv :no complaint, but just something i noticed yesterday

* no talking during position assignment for the race, makes the whole process a lot faster

We do this the same way in the rxc league, and it works perfectly

Yeah that would sure help *added to rules*

Quote from Richard Torp :Very confusing what server you should join before Q. I was told it didn`t matter..but it did.. Apparantley we should be on the same server as before Q in R1. So better information before the round.

Its Stickied and all http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28702
and here
http://battleoftheteams.net/in ... w&id=65&Itemid=52
"This will happen every round." Meaning it will be the same every round.

Quote from Richard Torp : I did make a complaint in R1.. nothing heard about the result of that.

"You done everything right the problem is The website was down for a number of days where we were close to coming to a conclusion. The Website is back up and i have the result from the hearing."

Quote from Richard Torp :Do not use the same PW again and again, because former participants joins the server because they know the pw.

A new password will be set for round 3 via LFS forum PM to team managers and a mass mail via the BOTT website.

Quote from Richard Torp :Stick to the time schedule. It can be done if it was the right people on the servers from the start.

20:00 - 20:10 - Practice (waiting for people to join the server)
Qualifying will start on the dot regardless even if drivers are missing.

Quote from Bawbag :This is why I thought the server you qualified on would be in order of championship points, because especcially on last nights combo there were some people 5 seconds off the pace. Just is going to have more and more people being held up and more overtaking leading to more accidents.

Would also mean less travelling around between servers aswell, as most of the top teams will qualify for pool 1 and so on.

Btw, why not just make the password bottrace03 for event 3? Would make sense tbh. Also have them passworded 12 hours before the event (When you fux go to bed) Would save alot of hassle.

I setup the servers #2 and #3 before i went to bed which was 12pm.

Quote from speedway :
- admins should be there earlier to make sure to stick to the time schedule

I was thinking that aswell. ill get up at 5:30 now.

[quote=speedway;546922] - lag lap please.../quote]
We had requests for that last time so it will be added to the rules.

[quote=Richard Torp;546962]Maybe you are right about it..but I didn`t read it in that way. I thought that thread was only for R1...

Better for me IF it was written "You must be on the same server for qualifying as you were in R1" or something like that... [/quote]
"This will happen every round." as it says in the Grid sorting thread which is stickied at the top of the forum.

[quote=danowat;547023]That does make sense, you qualfiy on the server you raced on in the last event.[/quote]

[quote=maczo;547028]Improve?
YES PLEASE!
Can we start at 20UTC sharp? The races already end around midnight here, so I'd appreciate it if we could at least start as early as possible. [/quote]
Qualifying Starts at 20:10UTC

[quote=Richard Torp;547243]Get the website updated with information.

This is missing:

Tribunal Judges and Server Admins

Servers

Update this:

General Information

zOOm Gallery[/quote]
Tribunal Judges and Server Admins: Done
Servers: Done

zOOm Gallery: there is a problem at the hosting end with up not being able to upload files. ive sent many emails and msgs hopefully this will be fixed.

In Conclusion
I think half of the problem is some people are not reading the threads properly and therefore asking questions which then confuses everyone.
I will work on these things above
I thought that this: ""This will happen every round." as it says in the Grid sorting thread which is stickied at the top of the forum

was about the tracker situation. After qualifying, go to the tracker and look at what server you are on for the race.

Now i know better, thx..

I only asks because i`m not sure about it. I want to be sure. I want that i understands everything. In the preview race there was confusing about PW and there was some who didn`t race because of the confusing if i remember correct.. so it`s better to ask.. Write it in danish and i will not ask about anything..
Quote from Richard Torp :I thought that this: ""This will happen every round." as it says in the Grid sorting thread which is stickied at the top of the forum

was about the tracker situation. After qualifying, go to the tracker and look at what server you are on for the race.

Now i know better, thx..

I only asks because i`m not sure about it. I want to be sure. I want that i understands everything. In the preview race there was confusing about PW and there was some who didn`t race because of the confusing if i remember correct.. so it`s better to ask.. Write it in danish and i will not ask about anything..

Yes thats no problem.
as long as the read it fully THEN ask a question if you do not understand or confused.
Different Languages doesnt help either
Quote from CELTIC100 :I do agree with Richard above as the BOTT Website itself seems to be under used at the present time - The Website should be our first port of call for Bott Issues not the LFS Forum.

100% agree..... race in BOTT, check the BOTT site first! Excellent job running things on the whole and a lot of effort put in. It shows - thanks
Quote from StableX :100% agree..... race in BOTT, check the BOTT site first! Excellent job running things on the whole and a lot of effort put in. It shows - thanks

Thanks mate
I just need to work on improving a few things...
I agree about the addition of the lag lap and enforcement of the "ro rejoin" and "No chatting" thing.

[KR]NOFEAR on server 2 lagged out within the first lap, only to reconnect and return to the race right in front of the leaders. He gave room to pass, which was good (if you can call it that). This was happening while he was arguing with PaulC2K about how it isn't fair that he cannot rejoin after practicing all day (that's all he prepared was "all day"?). About 8 chat messages later, he finally was told to argue elsewhere, and any more messages will get him kicked.

You lose connection...sorry, your race is over. Come back and rejoin in front of the leaders, that's CANNOT be allowed, not can it be left without disciplinary action. Arguing while a race is going on should result in instant kick. Coming back should be 12-hour ban.
If any of you watch the replay infact both members of [KR] rejoined the server and this was 30 minutes after the argument took place with the admin.
The whole [KR] team was pretty 'impressive' the whole day, thankfully NoFear did move over when the lead cars were coming behind him, i was pretty sure that re-joining the track from the garage for whatever reason wasnt allowed, and double checked this was the case with arrow and while i'd agree its harsh and unfair on someone who's spent hours or days practicing, the fact of the matter was that the rules state he couldnt rejoin, they're instantly classed as a mechanical failure or whatever, and their days racing is over as it would be IRL. Its a shame it has to be done, especially as in this case it was on the opening lap, but if you allow it on the opening lap then you have to allow it on the last, and thats not right. It shouldnt have took as much 'chatter' as it did, I tried to keep it short and accurate, i dont think there was much more than maybe 3 messages from myself, but still i appologise if it was a further cause for distraction to those racing.

As for the mid-race antics, i didnt have any objection (and tbh im not sure on the official line) to anyone coming back and spectating, however I intentionally kept the chat history on-screen for quite a while to be aware of a 'Jica82 has left the pits' message but it wasnt until his teammate returned and IIRC asked something along the lines of 'whats happening' and thats when i checked the history and spotted he'd left the pits at some time. At the time i happened to be following the mid-field scrap (18th-23rd roughly) as it had been quite close and seemed the most likely location for any incidents, and before i knew anything theres Jica82 getting in the way of the people just coming to pass him.
I spent too long d**king about trying to /ban (im thick, i wasnt aware i could just click 'ban', assumed it would just bring up a vote and i didnt want to disrupt any further than was already going on) and thankfully everyone managed to boot him, and NoFear out.
Again, my appologies for not spotted his 'left the pits' message, i dont know if i was distracted by something else or the (fairly) frequent pitting that was going on anyway, and also the fact that i was effectively feck all use getting the guy out.
I spoke to Arrow at the time both had been kicked out, and requested their removal from the series due to the actions and attitudes of both drivers, its their responsibility to check the rules and they broke them on multiple occasions each. I actually dug through the applications and ironically i'd actually posted after their ([KR]) application stating that IMO an unknown 3-man team isnt acceptable for this series, mainly on the basis of too few drivers, how wrong was I, the less the better it seems!

Incidently, one of the KR guys thought it'd be a good idea after being banned from server #2 to go join server #1! Thankfully Arrow acted quicker than myself, god knows what his intentions would have been.
nubs
Quote :Incidently, one of the KR guys thought it'd be a good idea after being banned from server #2 to go join server #1! Thankfully Arrow acted quicker than myself, god knows what his intentions would have been.

I was unaware of this as thats just crazy and a reason on it's own to issue a report to the LFS Barricade

PaulC2K NP with you mate considering the circumstances you did a good job but an extra eye in the back of your head would come in handy
Doesn't sound good, luckily I had messages blocked and didn't see any of the text, but I saw it from the chat log from LFS Stats, IMO, they should be struck from BOTT.
they were ramming people off the track during practice as well. Not spectacularly, but by outbraking themselves.
Its being discussed dont worry

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG