The online racing simulator
FSX Movie
(36 posts, started )
FSX Movie
Yes, I know this is a racing forum, but there are fair few flightsimmers out there too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fej9EWWLSsw

This is a brilliant vid I found - it gets very silly about 1 minute in...
Lol, that was awesome. Technically good and funny too. I give it 11/10
#3 - DeKo
what amazes me is that somebody has a pc good enough to actually play FSX, and film it at the same time :O
Quote from DeKo :what amazes me is that somebody has a pc good enough to actually play FSX, and film it at the same time :O

same counts for me

that was prbalbly e verry!! expensive pc:wtf2:

and the fact he can manoever a 747 like that
what an awesome vid man..... 30/10, was funny the 747
Yeah, saw this a few weeks back linked from a flightsim forum. He's got quite a reputation for making some of the best flightsim vid's out there.
Check out his vid "Lament-an FSX Film" (it's on the same page), stunning !

From memory i think his system is a dual core e6600 with an nvidia 7900 something or other ?. Actually, it's becoming a bit of a myth you need a monster PC to run FSX, it's simply not true. You CAN run it on more modest machinery, you just need to learn how to fly at 5 frames per second, beer usually helps !
#7 - ajp71
Lmao
Wow great video, fantastic idea for a film too.
This was astonishing! tomorrow im gonna buy fsx
Awesome video.
Great movie, but i'm not a huge fan of FSX, I prefere Lock On + Flamming cliff !! But since I have an HOTAS Cougare, I had to buy FSX. That's remind me that I also have FS 4
Someone edited the physics files

Fantastic vid, some great flying there too, especially by the ultralight pilot and the 747 pilot
Quote from Mazz4200 :

From memory i think his system is a dual core e6600 with an nvidia 7900 something or other ?. Actually, it's becoming a bit of a myth you need a monster PC to run FSX, it's simply not true. You CAN run it on more modest machinery, you just need to learn how to fly at 5 frames per second, beer usually helps !

truue, i have a 128 mb vid card ati radeon 2000 and 512 of ram, and amd processor, in lfs i get 8 fps in starts, and i run fsx quite well, not at 5 fps, maybe 20
were those (Concorde) fly by sounds actual ingame sounds?
nice .... Really nice... new favorite video... if only my pc could handle that game ( tryed it before , failed )
#16 - J.B.
Any decent version available somewhere? People should use stage6, and leave youtube with its disgusting quality to kids dancing for their webcams.
Quote from 96 GTS :Someone edited the physics files

You'd be surprised what you can do with an unladen 747 - they're quite agile as far as heavies go. Most of that is not that far from believable - what makes it seem so far from reality is that you don't think of a fully-laden passenger jet doing anything but making gentle turns and slow climbs... but that's purely for passenger comfort. Simply removing all the luggage and passengers from a full 747-400 will almost halve it's weight. That gives you some impressive maneuverability for something of that size

Quote from deggis :were those (Concorde) fly by sounds actual ingame sounds?

That wasn't Concorde... it was an XB-70 Valkyrie and yes... they were in-game sounds
#18 - Jakg
Time to get a copy of FSX then :X
Quote from chanoman315 :truue, i have a 128 mb vid card ati radeon 2000 and 512 of ram, and amd processor, in lfs i get 8 fps in starts, and i run fsx quite well, not at 5 fps, maybe 20

Erm are you sure? The best graphics cards avaliable can't produce more than about 25fps with FSX, it's very intensive on just about everything. LFS is fairly CPU intensive but doesn't have great graphics requirements, but if you can't cope with LFS I'm suprised you can even get FSX to load.
#20 - Jakg
Is FSX multi-threaded? Ie will it actually use my Quad?

Can i expect a decent playable game on a 7950GT?
#22 - Jakg
Eeeeep, seems that my CPU isn't as 1337 as it thought

To the BIOS Overclocking section!
Here's anotherer Great Video. Made with Lock On.
Quote from JamesF1 :You'd be surprised what you can do with an unladen 747 - they're quite agile as far as heavies go. Most of that is not that far from believable - what makes it seem so far from reality is that you don't think of a fully-laden passenger jet doing anything but making gentle turns and slow climbs... but that's purely for passenger comfort. Simply removing all the luggage and passengers from a full 747-400 will almost halve it's weight. That gives you some impressive maneuverability for something of that size

Yeah, I spent a good while working out if they'd tweaked the 747's .air file. I think they have, but only a little - if you watch the roll it does as they pass over Alcatraz, I don't thing even an unladen 747 could do that so close to the ground. I think they've also had a play with the microlight - there's no way it could keep up with a 747 or a Valkyrie, even at their minimum speeds.

FSX Movie
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG