The online racing simulator
installing pitspotter
(22 posts, started )
installing pitspotter
Well after a friend told me about pitspotter,I read the read me file and it said to put it inot the Install Directory? were is that?
any help will be greatly appreciated!
#2 - avih
that's the install directory of LFS itself. that is, the same directory where your lfs.exe is.
And start LFS with pitspotter when u will drive
I think you just unzip the pitspotter file into your root LFS folder. It will put the files in the correct place then. Create an icon to pitspotter on the desktop or somewhere convenient. Starting pitspotter will automatically start LFS with the proper insim ports openned.
#5 - XRRoy
why can't i get it to work here...in the pitspotter window it keeps saying:

connecting to 127.0.0.1:29999... Connection timeout.

and in LFS:

InSim: Admin password does not match
InSim: Packet received before ISI packet

have disabled my firewall and opened the 29999 port on my router

[edit] nevermind, works now
Quote from XRRoy :opened the 29999 port on my router

You don't need to open ports on the router, its all local! illepall
#7 - XRRoy
Quote from wheel4hummer :You don't need to open ports on the router, its all local! illepall

i know now, was just testing things why it didn't worked. Port is closed again
-
(Cpl.Anger) DELETED by Cpl.Anger
-
(Cpl.Anger) DELETED by Cpl.Anger
Ok.. Laaate lastnight I picked up Pitspotter for myself, and I'm having the exact same problem XXRoy was, though with both my firewall's off, and it added to the allow list for Winblows firewall anyways, I'm still getting the timeout. (I had opened port 29999 as well, but closed it again after reading this thread..) HELP! lol.
#9 - Stuff
If you're getting that, or esp "InSim: Admin password does not match" in LFS, make sure your admin pass matches. I think you can use /pass inside LFS to set it, but if not go into multiplayer, go to start a server and change your admin password then exit out of the server thing. Should work after that.

And it's like wheel4hummer said, its local any firewall port stuff doesn't matter.
I'm not even getting InSim anything, just the timout in the DOS window, FOREVER, lol.
Does your LFS folder have spaces in it's name (like this: "Life For Speed" rather than "LiveForSpeed")? If so, try to rename the folder to something without spaces in the name. Got this tip when I had trouble running it...
BINGO! We have a winner. Thanks a bunch man.. Didn't even think of the DIR name, though now that I think back, I first installed the demo onto my desktop, (not knowing it wouldn't auto-choose it's location), and personally made the folder for it etc. (utilizing spaces in the name) I'll email Ketgy that this little tidbit should be included in the ReadMe, as I'm sure I won't be the last one to run into it.. Thanks again. Now to go post questioning the smoke mod...
sorry guys but i keep hearing about this pitspotter what does actully do?
It's a guy that tells you if there are cars beside you. Much used in Nascar style racing, but very useful for any kind of racing. The spotter tells you "Right Side" to tell you that you can't go right, or you'll hit a another car. And it also tells you "Clear" when there's no longer any danger of moving left or right on track.
Quote from XRRoy :why can't i get it to work here...in the pitspotter window it keeps saying:

connecting to 127.0.0.1:29999... Connection timeout.

and in LFS:

InSim: Admin password does not match
InSim: Packet received before ISI packet

have disabled my firewall and opened the 29999 port on my router

[edit] nevermind, works now

I did it this way!

-Start a Multiplayer Server

-Type in the Adminpassword there.

Then it should be O.K.

-Turn off LFS again

The insim Port will be activated automatically if you start the LFS-Spotter.exe
Quote from IamKoyote :I did it this way!

-Start a Multiplayer Server

-Type in the Adminpassword there.

Then it should be O.K.

-Turn off LFS again

The insim Port will be activated automatically if you start the LFS-Spotter.exe

I was having this problem and this is the fix for me.....Thanks heaps guys!!!
I once had that "...insim time out" error too. It turned out to be the fact that I unzipped all the wav files and the config file in the main directory of LFS.

You have to have a sub directory in LFS called "Spotter", in it, u should have all the wave files and the config file. The "LFSspotter.exe" file should be in the main LFS folder, NOT the "Spotter" sub folder.

Once I did that, it worked like a dream! try that. Oh, dont put any password in ur admin password area. Just leave it blank. Thats what I do, and pit spotter works in single and multiplayer modes just fine.
Quote from drift_apprentice :I once had that "...insim time out" error too. It turned out to be the fact that I unzipped all the wav files and the config file in the main directory of LFS.

You have to have a sub directory in LFS called "Spotter", in it, u should have all the wave files and the config file. The "LFSspotter.exe" file should be in the main LFS folder, NOT the "Spotter" sub folder.

Once I did that, it worked like a dream! try that. Oh, dont put any password in ur admin password area. Just leave it blank. Thats what I do, and pit spotter works in single and multiplayer modes just fine.

Thankyou, your advice finally got it going.
Hm.. I tried installing this. I first got the connection error, but then I started a multiplayer game and configured a (random) password, then exited. Now the connection timeout is no longer a problem, but when I start pitspotter and it launches LFS, I get this weird error message repeating over and over in the top left corner of the screen once I start the game. (even in the main menu) It says: "insim: first byte in packet does not match size".

Any ideas?
Use the program called LFSrelax 3 in 1. It also has the pitspotter function. The one you try now will not work under patch X because of the insim changes.
All right, I will do that! Thank you.
#22 - Dga
Thanks you !

But what is "InSim admin password"

installing pitspotter
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG