The online racing simulator
Allow Longer Signatures (More Characters)
(84 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Currently i'm being limited to 600 characters - can't you just up the limit to 800 or 1,000 and force sigs to be in Size 1?
It's long enough as it is TBH, it would start getting a bit mental if they allow more.
+1. would be good to put in more lines too.
#4 - Bean0
Quote from danowat :It's long enough as it is TBH, it would start getting a bit mental if they allow more.

qft
More characters: ±0
Force size 1: +1

(Add option in UserCP to) disable emoticons: +1
Add option in UserCP to remove league userbars: +1
wtf is qft?
I see, why qft Bean0?
Because he agrees with you?
No, keep the signatures short please.

Else long signatures are just cluttering up this fking forum with nonsense more than it already is. You might also remember that the signatures allowed a huge amount of lines a while ago, until Victor changed the setting because people abused their signatures with tons of ridiculous lines. The only reason that you want more lines is because CTRA cannot seem to get their act together with making ONE userbar for a specific person and you cannot fit all of them in your signature... instead they insist on making hundreds of other unnecessary versions that people are free to use to plaster all over the place. If you have too many userbars, put them together all in one big image, and host the image yourself.

**Note: The kids always approve these ideas to support the growth of their e-penis, wise men don't approve.
Quote from danowat :I see, why qft Bean0?

Just showing I agree with you, and I prefer TLAs to this +/-1 nonsense.
(Three Letter Acronyms)
Ohh...move along, having a dumb day today (some would argue a dumb life, but there you go)
Agreed with Tweak and Android. Those license bars are getting on my nerves to be honest, I might actually block them. Yes, that will do it.

No need for larger signatures I think, I can see enough useless spam like it is. What more you have to say in your sig Jag?
Why do they get on your nerves?, it's not as if they are taking over the whole screen, or they take much bandwidth.
People could say the same about animated avatars.............
Because they're an rather invasive and often attention grabbing image that interrupt the "line of reading". The avatars are on the left side, so they don't really bother me, but the constantly flow breaking userbars do.
TBH, it's no real hardship is it?.
They're the sole reason I have signatures disabled since quite some time now. I usually don't mind (reasonable) text sigs and actually would like to be able to read them, but the images are a dealbraker.
Imho, 2 userbars maximum. Also it would be good to not to allow the quote tags to be used signatures. For obvious reasons, space.

And as some links can get quite long it would be nice if you could somehow limit only the letter amount of the visible part . Like (url="www.efljnwflwenflwefelrwfuhrlugfibresglsiurglse.com")buhaa(/url) would count only as 5 letters...

and I'd like to add that why not allow people to use small images in their signatures when userbars are allowed anyway? Just offer and option to turn them off from the user cp and make people host the userbars by themselves.
Quote from Hyperactive :Also it would be good to not to allow the quote tags to be used signatures. For obvious reasons, space.

Oh yes, seconded.
Well, when the average message is shorter and smaller than the signature with 4 userbars shouting "look at me", it gets a bit messy for my eye. They take lots unnecessary space I think.

Oh, and it's not like my silly avatar for the month will give you epileptic attack or something. :P
Attached images
myscreen.jpg
Quote from AndroidXP :(Add option in UserCP to) disable emoticons: +1

As Android says.
That with the current "disable signatures" (the sanity saver) would be perfect.
Just to make it clear, I meant removing emoticons in signatures

But to be honest, I guess I'll just stay with disabled signatures. I had them enabled now shortly, and after seeing Jakg's sig I had to immediately turn them back off. Yuck.
I'd like more characters - I use my sig to provide links to resources for newbies to follow, and I can't fit quite enough in. Perhaps could not count towards the sig length? (obviously I could get rid of my Team name/link, and BATracer, and my own personal website, but that's beside the point. If I could link to CTRA, LFS Database....)

I refuse to use images in my sig - I hated them before we had them, and I hate them now. Tacky, messy and too 1337 (as in childish, cartoony, and all the same reasons we (and that includes you Dan ) used to give people when they asked for sig images.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'd like more characters - I use my sig to provide links to resources for newbies to follow, and I can't fit quite enough in. Perhaps could not count towards the sig length?

That's the only reason I'll occasionally check someone's profile; to see their sig, if there's previous mention of some interesting link being there. Other than that, to spare me from the flood of absolute tripe and banner-filled nonsense signatures are always off.

Quote from AndroidXP :I had them enabled now shortly, and after seeing Jakg's sig I had to immediately turn them back off. Yuck.

You made me curious enough to look at his profile. I raise what I said before to the Nth power.
Ironic that you say userbars are 1337, when it seems that being against them is more 1337

(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG