The online racing simulator
Correct spelling is important
(23 posts, started )
#1 - Bean0
The original seller must be kicking himself.

eBay Ad 1

Bought and then resold with proper spelling...

eBay Ad 2

This makes me laugh, lots
Epic fail
i don't get it...what does it have to do with spelling?
Look at the prices the items sold for
Quote from danowat :Look at the prices the items sold for

Yes i understand he screwed up but what does it have to do with spelling? The thread title is "Correct spelling is important"
#6 - Bean0
Quote from ans7812 :i don't get it...what does it have to do with spelling?

He missed a 'P' from the brand name of the beer, meaning that anyone searching and spelling it correctly won't have found the auction.
Quote from Bean0 :He missed a 'P' from the brand name of the beer, meaning that anyone searching and spelling it correctly won't have found the auction.

Oh...well in my opinion i don't think it sold so cheap because he spelled it wrong, it was more of the fact that the seller had no idea what it was.
I once nearly bought some copomotive wheels for about £40 as the seller had spelt the name wrong on ebay. I doubt he lost half a million dollars on them though lol.
Wow, goes to show that if you PRESENT yourself and your item properly, you will have alot better success selling said item. I bet that guy is pissed right off about now...
~Bryan~
Half a million dollars for a bottle of old beer
Quote from ans7812 :Oh...well in my opinion i don't think it sold so cheap because he spelled it wrong, it was more of the fact that the seller had no idea what it was.

Nope, can't be it, as the original seller put it on eBay for a starting price of $ 299, whereas the next seller put it on for just $ 1... So the spelling really made the difference...
I'm sure he can buy himself a few bottles with the $300 he made to drown his sorrows.
Sounds like a good time to give you GoofBay!

This guy must really be kicking himself!
Why didn't he just keep it?

I mean, you can IF you don't want to sell it for that price...?
if u look at the bid history...it looks dodgy.
and if u look at the highest bidder, he only bought cd's and stuff before never really exceeding 10$..

i doubt there will go a half million over the desk.
that would come in the news then..
So the bloke who actually bought in the Half a Million bid was a "joke bid" and now he wont sell it because eBay is his hobby?

What a 'tard!

I bet I know what he will be running in to save when his house catches fire
#20 - JTbo
Quote from dropin_biking :Wow, goes to show that if you PRESENT yourself and your item properly, you will have alot better success selling said item. I bet that guy is pissed right off about now...
~Bryan~

Sadly this is true in life general, it is not what you know and can, but how you present it :sadbanana

So if you are in situation that can lead to financial success, make sure that you are looking as you would know your stuff and present your ideas so that it looks good from other side of table, it does not matter if it is crap in your opinion, you don't even need to know your stuff, all that is needed is to give proper impression. After that your knowledge might be needed though
Slight off-topic, but on topic of old food/beverage stuff....

History, I'm from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and a big hockey fan. In 1991 and 1992, the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup. Products were coming out all over the place with Pittsburgh Penguins players on them. I had a jar of peanut butter with Jaromir Jagr on it, who was Pittsburgh's golden rookie star at the time.

Fast forward to about 2001 many years after I got married and a year after we bought our first house. I'm wondering as I hadn't seen my Jagr peanutbutter in quite some time. I've got the 2 Wheaties cereal boxes from 1991 and 1992 with the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Frosted Flakes cereal with the Pittsburgh Steelers (football, our style ) out in the garage.

I ask the wife, "Hey, have you seen my Jagr peanut butter?"

Wife, "What? Sheesh, I ate that like a month ago!"

"Noooooooooooooo!!!!"

I won't let her near my 3 unopened boxes of cereal that are now approximately 15 years old .

Edit: and to you hockey fans, the Pittsburgh Penguins I believe are the reason the individual hockey players are not allowed to take the Stanley Cup home with them any more. I think they broke it in half taking it in the swimming pool, LOL.
Mike, they won that cup because I was born, just the thought "OMG! DUSTIN DAWES, SOME RANDOM KID TAHT WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HAS BEEN BORN! SRSLY GUYZ, LETS GO WIN A CUP" and they did.
Quote from Bean0 :The original seller must be kicking himself.

eBay Ad 1

Bought and then resold with proper spelling...

eBay Ad 2

This makes me laugh, lots

Quote from danowat :Look at the prices the items sold for

Quote from ans7812 :Yes i understand he screwed up but what does it have to do with spelling? The thread title is "Correct spelling is important"

Basically the first auctioneer screwed up his first auction and only won $300. The winner of the 1st bid took the same bottle and spruced up the auction and won $503,000.00. Big difference.

But yeah, the winning bidder of $503,000..... "v00d004sc0re"... looks suspicious, lol.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG