The online racing simulator
Some people just don't think...
(31 posts, started )
Some people just don't think...
...like whoever set this server up (the bottom one) - see attached screenshot.

Is there any hope?

(and no, I didn't change the track just to make this thread)
Attached images
wrong!.jpg
thats an interesting track/car combo. sure goes along with the server name
I dont get it?

And btw, since XFR and UFR are in red, doesnt that mean only XFR and UFR servers should show up??!
OcUK racing, empty as usual

WHat wrong with old man racing like?
Quote from Vendetta :I dont get it?

Nah, sorry, if you can't see what's staring you in your face (though you do have to put two things together)...

Quote from Vendetta :And btw, since XFR and UFR are in red, doesnt that mean only XFR and UFR servers should show up??!

The other way around.
LOL! thats hilarious
old men racing ... cars.. FV8 thats awesome
Quote from Vendetta :I dont get it?

And btw, since XFR and UFR are in red, doesnt that mean only XFR and UFR servers should show up??!

Quote from XCNuse :LOL! thats hilarious
old men racing ... cars.. FV8 thats awesome

illepall The point is the server is set up with the Formula V8 on south city sprint1. However since that server allows clients to change the track themselves i don't really see how it's worth starting a thread for.
Sorry Bob. I'm normally okay at getting 'jokes', but I don't see whats 'obviously' there. Have you been at the obscure pills again?
I guess that FO8 at SO Sprint 1 is a pretty goofy track combo. I think that's what he means.
josh doesnt get it lol

was telling roadhog that when i saw this i got an image of like gramps.. bunch of bingo old people that are like in their 80's playing LFS on their computer lol
I get it, but what's so funny about it?

Maybe if you think 'Old Men' refers to drooling gray-haired men with pacemakers... then it could fit.

But I'd rather hear a Bush joke then try to laugh at a server list in LFS
Quote from tristancliffe :Sorry Bob. I'm normally okay at getting 'jokes', but I don't see whats 'obviously' there. Have you been at the obscure pills again?

lol, exactly what I'm thinking.
hilarious
U guys that dont get it are obviously not old enough Being of the older variety id have to say i avoid the gtr's and fo8 simply cause it takes too much out of me even fox is a stretch for me lol
Don't see the point. Should we laugh of older people should take offence?
I see the humor in it, but im not rolling on the floor laughing its just a fact of life as u get older ur reflexes wont be the same but some peoples reflexes where never any good to start with
#17 - axus
That's actually a fun combo - I got within 0.04s of the WR at the time when I raced there. Now I'm about 0.5s off I think, but it is a really challenging combo. You have no place to rest and it keeps you in there. T1 is crazy because there are 3 shafts in a row in the middle of the racing line and it can really throw the FO8. That downhill lefthander after T1 is nice too because you have to get it on the insider curb without spinning, and then get it right on the edge. And the one after the downhill is really challenging because you have to use the curb on the right to help you get the nose in and the back out a bit then don't let it get out of hand. Comming into the last corner looks really cool with all the trees and then you slam on brakes and flick it in. Very challenging track.
Mm and thats exactly the point m8 it's a little too challenging takes way too much out of me (fo8 in general) I'll leave it to you younger guys.. I'm much more at home in the cars from FZ5 and down
Normal jokes |---------|Obscure jokes |-----------------------| This thread.

That said, the F08 at SO Sprint 1 could be fun You never know, this could be one of those killer track/car combo's!

edit: ah, i think i got it!

There are pitstops required (VSQMP), but you can't pit on sprint1. But anyway, it's not really funny, because everyone could change the track when the server is empty. Maybe someone just wanted to try out the combo.
.. i have one last thing to say... yall are pathetic lol
#22 - Gunn
Quote from XCNuse :.. i have one last thing to say... yall are pathetic lol

Can it be true? Is this really the last thing you will say?
Quote from inCogNito :edit: ah, i think i got it!

There are pitstops required (VSQMP), but you can't pit on sprint1.

Yeah, that's it. No, it's not hilarious, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

Other than that I see nothing wrong with the server name or FO8 on Sprint Track 1 (actually now I think about it I quite fancy the combo).

Edit:
OK perhaps trying to give this thread some value, perhaps there should be a warning that you are selecting a track where you can't make a pit-stop, but force pitstops are enabled. That is of course assuming there isn't one already, I've never tried.
hmmm... now I got this totally hedeious vision in my head that won't go away...
Make it Stop! MAKE IT STOP!

Something like this:
Attached images
Depend.jpg
Oh well a year ago i would have loughed at Old man racing and F08 (well we hadn't S2 than, i know), but after they started the Grand Prix Masters i only can think of one word: Respect. They still are fast, the old men.

BTW: Racer Y, i get this error when i try to open your image :
The image “http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... =3319&d=1132079379” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG