The online racing simulator
isnt there only just 1 thing missing from RL racing? RAIN!
topic says it all, discuss,

wouldnt you love a race, lets say its a 30 min race, everyone starts on slicks, and then after 10 laps, booom rain
just random thinking, but im guessing you have not heard of the new and improved search function?
Indeed.

Btw, congratulations! You just contributed yet another valuable entry to our pile of "how about rain?" improvement suggestions.
haha actually i searched, just couldnt find
ya rly ^^

i guess ill just need to excuse my redicilous behaviour, and please delete this post if some1 can ^^
So, how about the rain?
He probably searched for "precipitation" or something.
OMG, you know what else we need? Nordschleif! And the McLaren F1! And night-time racing! And mods! And customisable rims! And no number plates on the race cars! And all tyres for all cars! And different tyre brands having different characteristics! And trucks! And point-to-point races! And teh NOSSSSSSsssssss!

Did I get everything?
You forgot TEH AE86 OMG OMG!
Quote from ChiliFan :He probably searched for "precipitation" or something.

Now, everyone knows that searching for a phrase produces much better results than searching for a single word. I searched for "water falling from the sky" and indeed, my results came up empty. I can definitely see why you wouldn't find anything from searching for rain even if you use a more descriptive search than just a lonely single word.
Quote from kekkart :topic says it all, discuss,

wouldnt you love a race, lets say its a 30 min race, everyone starts on slicks, and then after 10 laps, booom rain

Just bad there been like 20 topic about this subject before this
Anyway, it would indeed be a lot of fun, but you probally have to wait to S3 before you are getting any rain
Quote from XCNuse :Search IDs don't work in case you never noticed.

I never noticed.
now I do
When will people learn?...
Quote from ans7812 :When will people learn?...

well, for sure i wont be posting another suggestion
Quote from kekkart :well, for sure i wont be posting another suggestion

+without first searching.

Suggestions are good, suggesting something without checking if it's already been done is bad, especially when it's something as obvious as weather effects.
1. We have wind. Fog/Rain come together. Snow not that important, but would be about the same time as rain I guess. Humidity isn't that much of an issue for the cars. Air temp is already modelled, but static. Making it variable won't be that hard. Wind temp - you mean wind chill? Don't think that matters in a simulation - at least not for about 30 years. Night driving would come with the environmental upgrade (rain, light cycles etc). Track temp already modelled (iirc) but static.

2. Not all parts need to be simulated. Parts can be fudged I think. Trying to simulate a whole car, including CFD and FEA in real time on complex constructions isn't feasible. At best the cars will be broken into areas where sub-simulations are sort of carried out on a very very simplified basis, which is what West Racing were suggesting (don't beleive they were really modelled the whole car in every detail - it's just not possible).

3. Damage model will come, but isn't that important. Try not to crash. If the damage system was less forgiving that would be sufficient, without teenagers testing the damage model by wrecking and limping around on track.

4. Racing line effects grip - more important imo than rain or night.

5. If you have to turn on the ignition, fuel pump etc, put on seatbelts (do you want another player or two have to help you?) then you'll turn off a lot of players, including purists (like me). It doesn't improve the simulation at all, it just wastes time. I can see that some parts are more acceptable that others - starting the engine via a button (NOT the mouse) might be okay. Warming up an engine might be nice, as would out-laps and parade laps, but for leagues only. Silly ones like belts or helmets etc just to use keyboard keys is pointless (imo).

6. I don't want to reach for a mouse whilst driving. nKP is very very bad here (Kunos is crap at user interfaces). A wheel or keyboard button is okay.

7. Shattering glass doesn't excite me at all. Racing glass is designed to not puncture tyres.

I hope that a lot of these do get coded, and I agree it will be great. But some of the ideas must be toned down if we want a racing sim rather than a race-car preparation and adjusment simulation.
you guys spend more time bltching about people asking the same questions then if you just answered them sometimes. if it mentions rain and your sick of answering, just dont go into the thread. its that easy
FFS, stop telling people to search, get the hell over it.

You have two options, just post without searching, and get bitched at...

Or search and add your thoughts to an existing thread and get bitched at for digging up an old thread.

GTF off of your high horses already, it doesnt make you the least bit cool to act like a prick.
I want the cars to get rusty over time. And yeah, how about introducing an RPG-like system for the players? You collect food and drinks during races in order to keep yourself alive through the finish line. Oh and I also forgot weapons, because I rarely finish first
Quote from rjm1982 :Or search and add your thoughts to an existing thread and get bitched at for digging up an old thread.

That's not true at all.
Quote from frokki :That's not true at all.

Actually I`v often seen that people start bitching because they bumped an old thread.
Quote from breadfan :I want the cars to get rusty over time. And yeah, how about introducing an RPG-like system for the players? You collect food and drinks during races in order to keep yourself alive through the finish line. Oh and I also forgot weapons, because I rarely finish first

do you mean dirty, because tbh, i dont think the cars will get rusty after one race. Unless your driving in the sea of course
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :do you mean dirty, because tbh, i dont think the cars will get rusty after one race. Unless your driving in the sea of course

Dude, that was supposed to be understood as irony No offense, I have my weak moments, too

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG