The online racing simulator
Dell laptop display drivers
(8 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
My brother being the genius he is had somehow managed to screw up his laptop again to the extent it wouldn't boot. I put Dell's XP disc in and choose to repair it at which stage it told me the hard drive didn't have a format it could recognise

I then choose to format the drive and reinstall Windows onto it. It has seemingly reinstalled XP fine but lost the Dell drivers somewhere (I'm guessing it was relying on being able to get them off the hard drive). I've searched the driver discs that came with it and the Dell website and none of them seem to have any display related drivers. The biggest problem found so far is it doesn't have the correct display adapter, it gives a choice of 640x480/16 bit or a rather lovely 1024x768/256 colour. The adapter is simply listed as <unavailable>.

I'm not really sure where to go on this one (I've already done the killing him bit :schwitz.
#2 - Bean0
#3 - ajp71
Quote from Bean0 :Model of laptop ?

It's an Inspiron 1100, I had a look on the Dell site and scanned through the manual before I posted but it seems there's nothing on this issue.
Not sure of this is going to be successful or whatever, but you should try and find out what kind of display adapter is in the laptop in the first place. Nvidia, Dell, Intel xtreme??? etc.

After that, don't worry about Dell drivers, EVER. You should know that they don't keep them up to date, and you are better off getting driver patchers made for laptops which allow you to install 3rd party drivers like Omega and such (as well as Catalyst & ForceWare). Because normally those drivers are not made for default vendors/manufacturers, and you will run into some errors. A patcher gets rid of those issues, and allows you to install the drivers you really want
#5 - Bean0
#6 - ajp71
#7 - Bean0
Quote from ajp71 :Thanks mate worked like a treat, I feel stupid now where the hell was it?

Page I said > Inspiron > 1100 > Drivers & Downloads > Video
#8 - ajp71
Quote from Bean0 :Page I said > Inspiron > 1100 > Drivers & Downloads > Video

How did I miss that :doh:

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG