The online racing simulator
new widescreen monitor big FPS drop?
(28 posts, started )
i think going widescreen makes a big difference, because the wider aspect ratio definitely lets you see more to the sides which makes a huge difference.

getting a bigger monitor really just makes the picture clearer, you don't really see anything extra that you couldn't see on a smaller one. i think bigger makes it seem more realistic though because it makes seems like they are closer to life size, so there is still a plus for going bigger.
Quote from UncleBenny :i think going widescreen makes a big difference, because the wider aspect ratio definitely lets you see more to the sides which makes a huge difference.

getting a bigger monitor really just makes the picture clearer, you don't really see anything extra that you couldn't see on a smaller one. i think bigger makes it seem more realistic though because it makes seems like they are closer to life size, so there is still a plus for going bigger.

Partially incorrect.

A bigger screen usually means a higher resolution. For games, the only benefit is better clarity (finer aliasing). However, for desktop use, you most certainly get more screen real estate. More stuff can fit on the screen.

Also, if you're going from a standard 4:3 aspect ratio to a widescreen one (16:9 or 16:10), some games will allow you to see more stuff on the sides, while others will clip the top and bottom of the image.

In LFS, the larger screen makes larger FOV's feel more natural, so you can see more in that case as well.
Quote from Forbin :Partially incorrect.

A bigger screen usually means a higher resolution. For games, the only benefit is better clarity (finer aliasing). However, for desktop use, you most certainly get more screen real estate. More stuff can fit on the screen.

Also, if you're going from a standard 4:3 aspect ratio to a widescreen one (16:9 or 16:10), some games will allow you to see more stuff on the sides, while others will clip the top and bottom of the image.

In LFS, the larger screen makes larger FOV's feel more natural, so you can see more in that case as well.

right, i was just talking about games. there is no question that larger monitors are nicer for everything outside of gaming.

new widescreen monitor big FPS drop?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG