The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
SS1 Grid changes??
Just a quick question.

Yesterday i noticed that on SS early in the evening grid order was being decided by the finishing positions from the previous race.

Later on in the evening it was back to starting order based on fastest session times.

Was this a test - or implemented or an accident or deliberate?

My obversations was that the grids based on finishing positions meant that people were out of order in terms of pace and there seemed to be more accidents based on the first few laps of the quicker guys trying to get through, something which i thought was was better in the first month or so (meaning upto last night) where racxes have been really clean recently due to people starting in a rough 'pace' order...

Regards,

Dru.
#2 - Bean0
That would most likely be when X-System was down I would have thought.
#3 - Dru
Quote from Bean0 :That would most likely be when X-System was down I would have thought.

points were being awarded so i think not hence the question Beano
For your absolute reassurance, i'm not working with or experimenting on the X-System software right now.
#5 - Dru
then i am definately starting to go mad (as in crazy :schwitz

and no wonder - this is my 1000th post here and i've done almost 300 CTRA races sinse August 1st
#6 - ajp71
I've never seen the CTRA servers not take the laptimes based grid positions (except for the first race on a track) it's definitely one of the best bits of the system
#7 - FL!P
I've seen it once, last evening, when X-System was down for a couple of races (of course I ran a pb and finished 2nd in one of those races, which doesn't happen that often, but that's another story).

BTW, when X-System came back online, a race just ended but X-System didn't get that and "thought" that the race was in progress. We had to get enough people to vote to restart (which took some time) to get LFS and X-System back in synch.
#8 - SamH
The post-X-restart is a time of limbo, I'm afraid. The application variables are all nubile young virgins, waiting to be corrupted by us scrubby LFSers

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG