The online racing simulator
Spectators Allowed?
The Servers will be 48 Slot Server.

What is your opinion on Spectators.
If Spectators are allowed how should it work?
I wouldn't mind, as long as it won't turn into a chatroom.
100$ for race is enough imo

well spectators like tv broadcast should be on only, or if we can sell tickets...
Yeah that doesnt sound like a good idea to me bacause of the sepctators haveing the urge to chat in the game... and could distract drivers. What about having some kind of stream?
i guess you could allow 1 person per team, dunno how many slots u have for that
2 things to think about
  1. -what happens, if a spectator lags and/or causes a mass-disco
  2. -if teammembers are allowed to spectate, isnt it possible, they give their drivers tipps about tires,damage,etc of the other drivers
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from Silncr :2 things to think about
  2. -if teammembers are allowed to spectate, isnt it possible, they give their drivers tipps about tires,damage,etc of the other drivers

Ur right there... maybe you only should allow the race admins and other useful exceptions like broadcasters otherwise it could be a big problem if some of the specs causes a mass-disco
#8 - nikka
Quote from Silncr :2 things to think about

Im not sure thats really possible? A spectator doesnt send any packets, only recieve, so I dont think there would be any lag issues with spectators.
But I might be wrong.
Anyone know how we can Broadcast this event?

Ive been trying to contact Mika for some time now.
Get the guy who made the highlights of Season 1 to do it
Or you can ask russraine.. they do it in the OLFSL
or use lfstv (does it even work with x? i dont know...).

imo no spectators without race admins and the guy who streams then.
Lfstv doesn't work properly with X.

Spectators on the server are a risk. I'm against it.
Set the server up so that spectators can use LFS spectator. Then they wont need to be on the server to keep up with the race.
Hi

We have created a own LFS stream TV. (ASRtv)
There would be possible to show the first race of BOTT. To prepare this, we need one spectacor place for showing it live.

More information would be given my teammate ZODhog. (how you can whatch the TV, how many people at the same time)

Seldon
www.advancedsimracing.com
Quote from seldon :Hi

There would be possible to show the first race of BOTT. To prepare this, we need one spectacor place for showing it live.

More information would be given my teammate ZODhog. (how you can whatch the TV, how many people at the same time)

Seldon

That would be the ticket!
#17 - arco
Quote from anttt69 :Set the server up so that spectators can use LFS spectator. Then they wont need to be on the server to keep up with the race.

Does the spectator work anymore? I've only got time outs trying to list the servers with it since the latest LFS patches.
#18 - arco
Quote from seldon :We have created a own LFS stream TV. (ASRtv)

That would be awesome!
Quote from seldon :Hi

Seldon

That would be arwsome!
your welcome to have a spectating place.
So, we will have a live stream
But only one server! (#1 will be the most interesting race, i think)

more details tomorrow...
Quote from seldon :But only one server! (#1 will be the most interesting race, i think)

more details tomorrow...

Sounds good mate, cant wait
Hi!

Some details about ASR TV:

This is a ShoutC.A.S.T. television. We can stream a file or live events from any servers if we can log in! Live editing the cameras, or anything else, what we can do in spectator mode. My preferred server is the public ConeDodgers... but only one server in same time. So if i can log in the BOTT server, we can do the commentary. But my english is very bad so don't laughing!!!

Tech details:

video: 400*300 700kbps VP61 nsv codec
audio: AAC mono
visitors: maximum 256 person at same time

Two method, how can you watch this:

Winamp 5.xx, in the file types mark the nsv video:
http://main.pecstv.hu:6666/listen.pls

IE7 browser window, you must install the pop-up AOL plugin:
http://www.advancedsimracing.com/asrtv

Today or tomorrow you can watch this from 13:00 to 21:00 (this is in Hungary, i don't know how many +/- hours to gmt )

So, thats all!
#24 - arco
Quote from ZODhog :
Today or tomorrow you can watch this from 13:00 to 21:00 (this is in Hungary, i don't know how many +/- hours to gmt )

So, thats all!

Cool!! Just watching some Norbi footage right now.
BOTT race is from 22 o'clock on till 0 o'clock or something. I think german time is the same like hungarian

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG