The online racing simulator
CTRA ingame Suggestion.......
I managed to get help from SpankyDave with the lower left message that shows in Spectator mode so it didn't cover the gauges while viewing. It got me thinking about what message would be better than what is currently showing! (no offense!!!).

The percentage of racers that use the race authority website is really poor as a percentage. I would think it would improve if there was the website address showing in the bottom left rather than what is currently there.......

UKCT sponsor www.raceauthority.com or something.... be grat to see more viewing and using it!

just a thought!
Of our 5,500 active drivers very almost nearly not quite 1,000 have logged into their MyCTRA page so I think it's doing ok . The 'advert' in question is just a place holder, in lieu of somebody actually handing over money for it .
Quote from StableX :SpankyDave

SpankyDave? I suppose that explains why our weekend in Blackpool turned out the way it did.
#4 - th84
<------- Now I understand what this guy is here for.
Quote from Becky Rose :Of our 5,500 active drivers very almost nearly not quite 1,000 have logged into their MyCTRA page so I think it's doing ok . The 'advert' in question is just a place holder, in lieu of somebody actually handing over money for it .

just a simple thought to improve that stat while the sponsor isnt there

thats all!
#6 - SamH
Quote from StableX :just a simple thought to improve that stat while the sponsor isnt there

thats all!

Well, UKCT is actually the principle CTRA sponsor. All hardware and bandwidth costs incurred are met by them (not the LFS team, the IT group)
Quote from SamH :Well, UKCT is actually the principle CTRA sponsor. All hardware and bandwidth costs incurred are met by them (not the LFS team, the IT group)

exactly! thats why I suggested the line I did
#8 - ajp71
Quote from SamH :Well, UKCT is actually the principle CTRA sponsor. All hardware and bandwidth costs incurred are met by them (not the LFS team, the IT group)

Maybe that's where the advertising is currently failing, what the hell is UKCT other than the LFS team? The site doesn't really appear to have anything explaining what it does either.
Quote from ajp71 :Maybe that's where the advertising is currently failing, what the hell is UKCT other than the LFS team? The site doesn't really appear to have anything explaining what it does either.

yup, needs something on the race authority site that people can see when they go from the link bottom left, ingame
#10 - Jakg
Quote from ajp71 :Maybe that's where the advertising is currently failing, what the hell is UKCT other than the LFS team? The site doesn't really appear to have anything explaining what it does either.

UKCT is a group of friends who just happen to have their own server - some members (a majority, tbh, including me) put cash in a pot for rent and upkeep of a server we own, and thats what runs the CTRA system.

We are a group of friends who dabble in a lot of games, and supporting a UKCT friend (Becky) is something we do, we didn't ask for the UKCT ad as part of it, we give Becky the servers for free, and as a result Becky got to know us better and is now part of UKCT.

PS - Blame Sam for the site!
#11 - SamH
UKCT, i.e. the charter members, comprises mostly IT professionals. There's a lot of expertise in the group, programmers and techs, business managers, CISCO boffs etc. Only 2 of the charter group are active LFSers (me and John) though I think all but 2 have S2 licences.

For the last 4 years, we've hovered around forming a business partnership, but we're mostly self-employed individuals. UKCT would be a kewl company if we weren't all lard-asses who are too busy doing the things we want than the things that would make us money.
Well there isn't exactly much to do on the CTRA-X site anyway. Why should I have to view it every day or similar O_o

Also on another note I get this error at the bottom of the MY CTRA page
Server.MapPath() error 'ASP 0175 : 80004005'

Disallowed Path Characters

/myctra/default.asp, line 518

The '..' characters are not allowed in the Path parameter for the MapPath method.

#13 - SamH
Cheers for that, I'll take a look at it
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG