as2
fe3 (enduro)

dates:tbd
entrant number:20
race lenth: 8 sprint
25 feature

requriments:none

people who have show interest:

ok theres the info there is a little more to follow, if you have and q's please ask and if you are interested please title your post 'interested' and you will be added to the list above. the signup system will be that you signup to the series and then that allows you to signup to each event, so oncer you posted in eg the season signup thread and have been accepted you can the post in each events individual signup thread, atm as we havent a sub section i will soon open another thread titled pre season signup and if enough people signup i will speak to victor and get a section.

please note i am going on holiday tommorow for 2 weeks and may or may not be able to access the internet so if i dont respond untill the 30th of this month that is why, but i am going to use the 4 or so hours on the plane to do the final planning
It would be nice to see things like they were in the old days, with leagues and series fully planned out and all ready for entry before they get threads opened on them.

What happened to this league? Did it happen, was it canciled? How can I invest my time in something that even the organiser doesnt know the full details of?
first i was simply outlining the leauge, the wtf leauge didnt have enough interest, and i am going to spend a good amount of the 4 and a bit hours on the plane going on holiday to d the final planning it wil be properly anounced at the end of the month with the full etails its just i didnt what to spend time planing a leauge with no interest thats all
Quote from mkinnov8 :It would be nice to see things like they were in the old days, with leagues and series fully planned out and all ready for entry before they get threads opened on them.

What happened to this league? Did it happen, was it canceled? How can I invest my time in something that even the organizer doesn't know the full details of?

A very good observation, and an even better request of those preparing series/leagues: Get them planned before announcing, rather than having just a basic idea to present. You need to know you're target audience, some idea of what makes you unique enough to start the league, what cars/tracks you're going to use, a basic rule set, basic plans for resources (LFS server, forums, etc.), and more than yourself running it (and not a complete stranger as a partner, either).

Please don't let the leagues section get like the teams section, if it hasn't already. I can tolerate a saturation of LFS leagues, if they are quality ones, but when you get several leagues that get planned on a whim, and started without proper support, then the good leagues suffer. Once that happens, the true victim is the LFS community, because you've got people that spend time bouncing from one league to another, and never completing one of them. Hmmm....that does sound like the recent trend in the teams section, doesn't it?

EDIT: Another thing I would like to see in LFS is registration of leagues and league admins, as the only ones that can get league sections. Hmmm...off to the improvements section I go to type....
Quote from banshee56 : Hmmm....that does sound like the recent trend in the teams section, doesn't it?

Indeed it does! It makes me wish there was a Moderator soley for the Teams section, and perhaps some posting rules, or a sub-section for "Forum Teams".

Quote from banshee56 : EDIT: Another thing I would like to see in LFS is registration of leagues and league admins, as the only ones that can get league sections. Hmmm...off to the improvements section I go to type....

I'd support that request 100%

Banshee56 knows how to run a league. Ive ran a few myself, and I know it takes a lot more work than usually people running in them see. Its easy to think "oh, I can do that"

[shameless self promotion]

Driven By Passion's two latest leagues took a long time in planning. They both have external websites and links to forums, with rules, structure and tones of information.

Multicup | MRT5 League < that is the one I like better, it doesnt take too much work to get a simple site up, but its the information and content that takes much longer.
[more shameless self-promotion]

Before the League Of The Americas started, we (four different LFS Teams) did two separate 4-race private mini-series to see what would work or not. We did an in depth discussion (614 total posts) on the CoRe forums to plan this thing! We had servers committed by two different teams, and had a forum up and running before we announced the league here.
Exactly, now thats planning and dedication.

But im not saying every league has to be like that, some are popular without anything, and some just work, but most things do require a little more than "4 hours on a plane" planning. But if you do "plan it on a plane", I take my hat off to you. I love flying, but it makes me so sleepy!!
ok point taken guys, i would leave it till i finished planning it and will do in future

p.s. im in an internet cafe so i am still away

formula student lfs
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG