The online racing simulator
Getting every CTRA message 3 times
Hi, everytime i get a message from CTRA saying "mid join race not....." all of them type, i get the same message 3 times, its very annoying and takes up alot of screen space. Does this happen to anyone else?

Yup and many were getting invalid dimensions.

i also had the rules not go once i pressed the button, the button went text stayed there.
#3 - ajp71
I've found that joining a BnJ server after the race has finished gives me the -5 point penalty message 2 or 3 times (and takes 10 or 15 points accordingly).
And i was getting the "Saying sorry" text staying on all the time earlier. Very distracting.
I can confirm the three-times-message thing,

The Invalid Dimensions message is getting very frequent - but, you can get around that by opening $ctra and then closing it again, that stops the Invalid Dimensions thing. It seems that the message is started by using $track. Not sure why...

Sam
As bean0 stated, it could be the text above the 2UKCT making CTRA possible" Since that has gone, i only get the messages twice. But i don't get deducted points
and I saw 3 of Moosey driving round......
oh, wait, that was the beer
Sorry guys, X-Monitor has had a few problems today, it's detected a few crashed incorrectly and launched duplicate copies of X-System when it was absolutely fine.

When I get the chance I plan to make X-Monitor handle crashes a bit better, but i'm tied up on another project at the moment so I cannot do this right away.

I have closed all the excess copies of X-System now.
how'd you code the x-monitor?

mktime()'s? or process instances?
It was done very quickly and very crudely to solve bigger problems at the time it was made, it simply sends a TCP ping backwards and forwards, it doesnt yet detect processes, but it will when I get a chance to do it properly.
I certainly hope the CTRA-X system got kicked from the server for "spamming"! 3 times is a bit much, eh? (changed the center smiley so as not to assume spam and get kicked from the thread, hehe)
I dont want to start a new thread but sometimes when im racing, going around corners, i get "idle on track" message - when its obvious im going very quick
#13 - troy
an addition to the every message 3 times, if i type $track and then click OK i get "IS_BTN - invalid dimensions" spammed all over the place. i can just stop it by typing $help or leaving how it seems. that is still reproducible at the moment (at least on my client)
Quote from troy :an addition to the every message 3 times, if i type $track and then click OK i get "IS_BTN - invalid dimensions" spammed all over the place. i can just stop it by typing $help or leaving how it seems. that is still reproducible at the moment (at least on my client)

happens with me too
I have temporarily disabled X-Monitor as it seems to be causing too many problems.

If the system stops responding please respond here.

I will sort out a new X-Monitor 'soon'. ie: When i've finished what i'm currently working on.
Take your time Becky
#17 - Dru
it looks as thou although points are scored - they are not updating on the web - is that correct/ a problem?

also - what is the deal with the messege on screen about saying sorry with actions not words - it can not be removed whilst driving and is a kind of distracting and also kind of condesending
Quote from Dru :
also - what is the deal with the messege on screen about saying sorry with actions not words - it can not be removed whilst driving and is a kind of distracting and also kind of condesending

I think you can turn it off by pressing shift+I

im not sure though
Thanks Becky
Quote from Dru :it looks as thou although points are scored - they are not updating on the web - is that correct/ a problem?

It could not be removed because of the crash, we had a post cross-over there. The full message regarding saying sorry with actions, in context, you should already know off bye heart . It shouldn't be condescending in it's actual context.
Quote from niall09 :I dont want to start a new thread but sometimes when im racing, going around corners, i get "idle on track" message - when its obvious im going very quick

I didnt realise you went quick yet ....
It did only double messages? It did not double points as well right. Well for me
3x 0 is still 0 so... Well did get some points tonight when all ZWR spinned out or something.
Quote from Becky Rose :...and launched duplicate copies of X-System when it was absolutely fine

There were 3 copies of X-System at the time and I didn't earn tripple points, pitty
Quote from Agarash :There were 3 copies of X-System at the time and I didn't earn tripple points, pitty

I know must be a system flaw
Quote from Becky Rose :It was done very quickly and very crudely to solve bigger problems at the time it was made, it simply sends a TCP ping backwards and forwards, it doesnt yet detect processes, but it will when I get a chance to do it properly.

just a heads up.

checking to see if it is a "process" does not mean that its running properly though does it?

Maybe every "keep-alive" packet, store something in the database (for each insim app). Then, if its been longer than 1 minute for an app, kill the old process, and reload?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG