The online racing simulator
Originally I passed a guy and smiled, then I made a mistake a few corners later and he repassed me so I smiled, then again at the end of the race I smiled again and was kicked. I wouldn't really call that spamming. If I was smiling repeatedly every 2 seconds then it's spamming, but 3 smilies within a minute is hardly excessive, is it?
#27 - FL!P
Are you sure it wasn't a naughty smile, amp?

Oh, BTW, I like that spam filter (I like them all, actually).
Quote from amp88 :Originally I passed a guy and smiled, then I made a mistake a few corners later and he repassed me so I smiled, then again at the end of the race I smiled again and was kicked. I wouldn't really call that spamming. If I was smiling repeatedly every 2 seconds then it's spamming, but 3 smilies within a minute is hardly excessive, is it?

thats my point... especially on the server2 where you need a silver so you "should" be a little more understanding
I think it's quite the opposite the further up you go on the servers/licenses.
Try concentrating more on the racing and less on the messaging.. it'll take you further. You can always talk about the race after it without repeating yourself.
Quote from teaz-R :I think it's quite the opposite the further up you go on the servers/licenses.
Try concentrating more on the racing and less on the messaging.. it'll take you further. You can always talk about the race after it without repeating yourself.

don't forget its a game too That takes everyone further...
I like to think it's a simulation rather than a game, but that's not what everybody thinks obviously..
Hmmm well, it's a simulation - technically - we just use it as a form of entertainment and make a game out of it because we enjoy the simulation.

The problem, and the reason the CTRA exists, is to give somewhere for those who treat the sport as a simulation rather than a game somewhere to race without tripping over the casual gamer who doesn't take it as seriously.
Quote from teaz-R :I like to think it's a simulation rather than a game, but that's not what everybody thinks obviously..

true
[completly offtopic]Becky, I'm curious about the cat/kitten in your avatar, can you tell more?[/completely offtopic]
Freddie was my best friend who died a few months back. He rests in my garden where he is burried with a piece of jewellry with his name on it and a lock of my hair, which he so loved to play with. He was run over by a car.

Some months on I do now have a new kitten, Lirimer, who is absolutely gorgeous if something of a handful. She is the reason that computers have an undo feature, although a keyboard that doesnt look like 'fun' to stand on would be more useful.
That's just the natural cat instinct of moving wherever the attention is (and wherever they are an obstacle).

Just came back from shopping with full bags you can barely hold?
- Guess who's going to zip around your legs and through doors as you open them.
Reading a magazine?
- Oh what a nice and cosy place to sit on.
Lying on the couch watching TV?
- Hmm that chest so nice to roll up on (after 'softening it up' by some furious milk stepping) - wait, you can still see the TV? Look, here's my butt. Pet it.
Quote from AndroidXP :That's just the natural cat instinct of moving wherever the attention is (and wherever they are an obstacle).

Just came back from shopping with full bags you can barely hold?
- Guess who's going to zip around your legs and through doors as you open them.
Reading a magazine?
- Oh what a nice and cosy place to sit on.
Lying on the couch watching TV?
- Hmm that chest so nice to roll up on (after 'softening it up' by some furious milk stepping) - wait, you can still see the TV? Look, here's my butt. Pet it.

Since when do you be doing all them activities? You just troll lfs forum all day
Ah that was years ago, before I knew about LFS and when my cat still lived
Quote from amp88 :Originally I passed a guy and smiled, then I made a mistake a few corners later and he repassed me so I smiled, then again at the end of the race I smiled again and was kicked. I wouldn't really call that spamming. If I was smiling repeatedly every 2 seconds then it's spamming, but 3 smilies within a minute is hardly excessive, is it?

I've been kicked for smiling twice now and it's just not funny anymore. So what if I'm fairly comunicative, I wouldn't say It was spamming.

Cutting the time limit down to the sort of time it takes for the text to dissapear would be a start (but i suppose you could have a 30 second limit if blue flags are mentioned)
Quote from Theafro :I've been kicked for smiling twice now and it's just not funny anymore. So what if I'm fairly comunicative, I wouldn't say It was spamming.

Cutting the time limit down to the sort of time it takes for the text to dissapear would be a start (but i suppose you could have a 30 second limit if blue flags are mentioned)

Yeah, I think it is so harsh when it does it, i'm so surprised I don't get kicked more for it since I use those hotkeys about the same amount as you did, which was hardly spamming...

It just needs a little tweaking so the normal, regular, talking people dont get kicked for spamming, just a matter of time.
Quote from richy :spammed for kicking

Seriously, I've used lots of s in a row without getting kicked :S
Quote from Gil07 :

Seriously, I've used lots of s in a row without getting kicked :S

damn it you spotted my error before I edited it. lol
Quote from Gil07 :Seriously, I've used lots of s in a row without getting kicked :S

Had to be my turn some time. Was having a good race, and 3 because of a funny incident got me kicked
I'm pretty pissed off at the system. I just typed and its kicked me for spamming. i had used that key before in the race but it was a couple of laps ago and it wasn't in the log anymore. it was on the last corner, last lap. I could have gotten 5 or more points! where can i go for a refund? I have the replay
Nowhere, because points are not a for sure thing, and you could have really cocked up on that race and gotten tons of yellows and lost points too.
The timer was reduced in 1.4. Some people dont realise how often they press the same chat bind though.

They do now. They just dont think its wrong.

It really isnt necessary to say anything when racing. If you want to say sorry the rules are quite clear "Action is noble". Smilies can be saved until after the race with "Smashing action Dustin, I enjoyed that thank you"... That way you dont distract the driver you are door to door with anyway, so its better all round.

Somehow we seem to have got into this pattern in LFS were we feel it is important to let any driver within 1 second know whether we are thumbs up or papa oscared with them, and it just isnt necessary. The other driver is there too, they know whether it's a good race or not.
#47 - Jakg
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :where can i go for a refund? I have the replay

It isn't a refund because you didn't loose anything - if you fell over at the final hurdle in the Olympics you wouldn't expect a medal
true. I was ticked off becuse there was a blue flag spammer there and he didn't get kicked. anyway its only points.
#49 - Gunn
I use the smiley almost exclusively when chatting in LFS. I use it every time I get punted off the track, so on these servers I'd be kicked for spamming by the time I'd reached the third corner.
on the other heand i saw TEAMS mnaking realy SPAm hell (i wont tell which team) but 4 members start floding their .. OUR team uberpwn and rox , and similar messages and it gets floodet so much

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG