The online racing simulator
Exception codes
(5 posts, started )
Exception codes
Does anybody know a good article/list about the Windows (XP) exception codes? You know when Windows program crashes it gives that "blaah blaah.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" and clicking more info it gives the exception code like 0xc0000090 (that one might be for invalid floating point op).

I'm not quite sure if this is correct place, but at least people with coding information hang out here more than off topic.
#2 - muhaa
Your best option is debugging the process that will pinpoint what and where the problem is.Try olldbg or ida pro.Or maybe try here.But with out specific information is pretty hard to tell you what your best option will be.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/160651
Yeah, well that was kind of generic problem which has been bugging me long time. It's not just the programs I code, but other progs too. Not until I got that code from my app, I decided to post this question.

If I had that kind of list, it would be much easier to notice the buggy places. Usually you have kind a good idea where the error place is. In this case it would have saved me trouble googling what the heck code is that. Until I found out what it means, it was easy/fast to spot where it was. I would use debugger only for bigger problems.

I find it quite odd that there is no such a list in the web.

EDIT: Thanks anyway for your effort
The error codes are defined (for C programming language) in the "winbase.h" file. You don't have to understand C, just search for the code in this file. At least it gives you another word to put in google . I attached the file (the version from Dev-c++, I belive, that the file is public domain).

I had to rename the file to "winbase.h.txt".
Attached files
winbase.h.txt - 96.7 KB - 212 views
Good point. Thanks. Atleast you can make educated guesses from some of the macro names what they mean. Still some of them remain bit mysterious, but luckily I have never seen them.

Yes I code in C and C++.

Exception codes
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG