The online racing simulator
cars and tracks
(26 posts, started )
#1 - NanG
cars and tracks
moderators plz delete this post, and maybe make an option to change the topics requesting that a post get deleted

to the flamers, seriously how hard is it to ignore someone's mistake and just not post ???

to the people who informed me that i made a mistakes (without being insulting or just flaming) sorry for this topic, i did make it in haste without taking the time to read the other posts (due to being out in the desert with ultra slow internet).

this is the first forum in years where i have had to deal with flamers, and i apologize for some of the comments made in haste.
that wpuld be well cool mate. would be fun.
and whats the bettin someone will see this and start moaning as per :P
The reason people would "moan" may be that there's a 1500-post, months-old thread about real cars that's still on the front page of this section (so I don't even need to say "search, n00b" ), not to mention a very recent thread about real tracks, which is also on the front page (so is the sticky known as the Improvement Suggestions Log). Why not post in one of those? Most of the moaning you speak of would come from the moderators anyway: they're the ones who keep having to go around locking the bloody repeats

FYI: LFS is four years old and if you can think of something you'd like to see in the game, chances are someone's thought of it already, especially if it's car or track-related (and double especially if it relates to dorifto-ing a Japanese coupe).
Quote from NanG :hi, i got into this game when i saw some vids on youtube drifting around. i would like to see some tracks designed for drifting and maybe some cars based on drifting cars

like - toyota ae86 sprinter
- Mazda RX7 either or both FD or FC models
- nissan Silvia (s13,14 or 15)

Sure , you see to many tv series (initial D)
________
Sc2 Replays
Quote :Popular, already many times suggested features:
+ Dynamic weather
+ Rain and wet track
+ Night racing
+ touge/mountain track(s)
- drifting tracks
- free roaming, a city with all roads available
- Engine building/tuning: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5957
- Engine Tuning and Car Tweaking: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2071
- Cam timing adjustment: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1833
- More cars in demo
- - - Buying/selling stuff (wings, mufflers, furry dice), car modifications

. . .

(Cf. the Improvement log)
#6 - Ian.H
Quote from NanG :hi, i got into this game when i saw some vids on youtube drifting around. i would like to see some tracks designed for drifting and maybe some cars based on drifting cars

like - toyota ae86 sprinter
- Mazda RX7 either or both FD or FC models
- nissan Silvia (s13,14 or 15)

WOW! How original... no...... really, congratulations!

And people wonder why twats who think sliding around is "k00l" get a reputation of being stupid

Well done, sir.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :WOW! How original... no...... really, congratulations!

And people wonder why twats who think sliding around is "k00l" get a reputation of being stupid

Well done, sir.

Regards,

Ian

Calm down, he had posted only 2 messages you're going to make him run away this forum
It would be an awfull lost
#8 - Ian.H
Quote from shadow2kx :Calm down, he had posted only 2 messages you're going to make him run away this forum

For some reason, I've never associated post count with IQ. Does that also mean that the 'search' link is hidden too? No? I didn't think so

As for your second point, you say that like I care, and that it would be a bad thing(tm).. the less idiotic car ballet dancers the better

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :the less idiotic car ballet dancers the better

Regards,

Ian

It's exactly stuff like this that prepares for the biggest flame wars. And we don't want a flame war now, do we? I have never participated in any of those childish fights, and I sure as h*ll won't participate in this, but I just want to say that I've seen you say stuff like this before and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of seeing people harass drifters. Let people do what they want.. sheesh!
Quote from [SWE]RE :It's exactly stuff like this that prepares for the biggest flame wars. And we don't want a flame war now, do we? I have never participated in any of those childish fights, and I sure as h*ll won't participate in this, but I just want to say that I've seen you say stuff like this before and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of seeing people harass drifters. Let people do what they want.. sheesh!

Awww... I can almost feel my heart bleeding....... almost

Regards,

Ian
#11 - NanG
Ian, from now on if you see anything that involves the word "drift", just don't post anything in it, because you have nothing good to say about it.
#13 - NanG
Quote from NanG :going sideways is more fun and harder than normal racing (woo i go around in circles for 2 hours wheee).

rofl grats u just made a fool out of urself
Quote :...going sideways is more fun and harder than normal racing (woo i go around in circles for 2 hours wheee). i have done both in my car.

It's not "harder" at all - it's just different. In fact it's so different to racing that a comparison isn't even justified. They use similar equipment - but so do figure skaters and speed skaters, and you can't say one of those sports is "better" than the other because the skills and entire point of each sport is totally different. All you can truthfully say about racing or drifting is "I like (a) better than (b) for the following reasons ... " It might be more fun for you to drift, but it doesn't mean it's more fun period. You might think it's harder than racing, but have you done enough racing to really know that? Maybe racing was harder, which is why you don't race

Honestly, your statement makes you come off as ignorant & bigoted about racing as you accuse Ian H of being regarding drifting. If you'd done any serious racing you'd know just how difficult it can be to make a car last 2 hours when you're driving it as fast as you can. Can any car drift solidly for two full hours? The concentration involved is another thing too. When you race you have to concentrate for a long time, often with many other cars right next to you, behind you, in front, all trying to beat you without wrecking themselves or overworking their cars while you try and do the same thing. How long does the average drift run last anyway? A few minutes at a time? With two cars maximum? Not even trying to race each other to the line? Does it even last a whole lap? Again, I don't think a comparison is justified or even possible. If you think it is, would you compare the Red Bull air race to flying a 747?

Anyway, I'm not going to bash drifting. It's great to watch now and again (Speedweek on SBS ftw) and I appreciate the skill involved (if not the massive expenditure on rubber :tilt. I'd just like to see people from both sides of motorsport chill out and try and understand something a bit better before criticising it...

But I know not everyone's going to be arsed doing that. But come on - if you don't dig something, pull your bloody head in and resist the urge to rag on it. This drift/race shit's getting really, really old.
#16 - NanG
Quote from Hankstar :It's not "harder" at all - it's just different. In fact it's so different to racing that a comparison isn't even justified.

point taken they are different sports (i think speed skating is better and harder as well jokes) but out of my own personal experience i find it easier to do normal circuit racing than drifting.

as for can any car drift for 2 hours, no and neither could the driver. and being from australia, i much prefer 2 intense heart racing laps than 2 hours of extreme heat, but then again that might be partly due to a short attention span

now back to the - AE86, RX7, Silvia and Skyline or some other drifting car idea's since we have gone wayyy off topic.
#17 - Jakg
Quote from NanG :Going sideways is more fun and harder than normal racing (woo i go around in circles for 2 hours wheee). i have done both in my car.

I highly doubt your actually anywhere near the limit of the car though - i can maintain a pretty crappy slide for 2 hours (if tyres allow) much easier than i could keep an FO8 on South City WHILE trying to use ever inch of the track, but trying not to clip a wall and still being .5 secs off the WR
I think drifting is great fun but these "drifters" in LFS like NanG ruin the experience for me. It's so strange that they don't appreciate the skills for racing even though most professional drifters have intense racing backrounds or race concurrently with their drifting championships and the basic idea of car control is the same.
Quote from NanG :
now back to the - AE86, RX7, Silvia and Skyline or some other drifting car idea's since we have gone wayyy off topic.

No need to get back on topic as every suggestion you made has already been suggested and discussed several times. To spare you the hassle to search, here's what is the consent of the community and the devs:

Real Cars: Not gonna happen. Also, there are several cars which are "driftable" in game. If you go for an eighties japanese style RWD, just use the XRT.

Drift Tracks: I guess there will be more tracks in the future, but scaven said himself that LfS is a RACING sim above all else. So seeing a track just for drifters is highly unlikely. One time though, there might be a larger autocross area, where you can setup your own dorifto tracks.
Quote from luftrofl :I think drifting is great fun but these "drifters" in LFS like NanG ruin the experience for me. It's so strange that they don't appreciate the skills for racing even though most professional drifters have intense racing backrounds or race concurrently with their drifting championships and the basic idea of car control is the same.

You have hit the nail on the head there, I've seen several NASCAR drivers in a drifting event once. And in LFS, players obsessed with drifting and nothing else can't seem to be helped much, as what I have seen from a few of my former teammates. I don't mean to bash drifting, because of course I enjoy keeping my car sideways now and then.
I will state my opinion again, this time with fat letters

A GOOD DRIFTER CAN DRIFT ANYTHING ANYWHERE

More cars - yes, more tracks - yes please...
NOT DRIFT DESIGNED...
I have more fun when I challenge myself to drift a stock (hard track setup) XRG around a track...

Quote from Jakg :i can maintain a pretty crappy slide for 2 hours (if tyres allow) much easier than i could keep an FO8 on South City

I do those sometimes, and I must say - keeping a Formula under control in SO is great fun and great challenge... For example - I sometimes do endurance drift runs (with pitstops around every 10 laps, tires explode by that time) and I must say - Im quite relaxed doing that...
so AGREED - posting competable laptimes for a long time in a row is harder then to slide around for same amount of time
#22 - NanG
Quote from NanG :and its more fun when a map has more corners and less big straights that take up half the map space.

for who?
If you remove the long back straight on blackwood Rev, you will have no fun in the next 3 corners, as entering them from 200+ meters, at speeds over 210 kph is way more fun then entering them at 140 for me...
same goes to Aston, Westhill, Kyoto national, you gain high speed to shave it off by sliding and go into the corner still sideways - THATS FUN (for me)
^^^^ Im afraid I agree with Ian's point of view!

But I would've said just one word instead.....

noob
#25 - NanG
Quote from CodieMorgan :^^^^ Im afraid I agree with Ian's point of view!

But I would've said just one word instead.....

noob

seriously all you flamers need to grow up and shut up

cars and tracks
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG