The online racing simulator
replays
(8 posts, started )
replays
basicly wouldent it be better if we could load are replays in to wav format or something cos tis mpr is anoying it doesent play anywhere
#2 - filur
No.

You can create videos of your replays using software such as Fraps.
Quote from filur :No.

You can create videos of your replays using software such as Fraps.

i know i have fraps but its just anoyin lol
Quote from jwardy :basicly wouldent it be better if we could load are replays in to wav format or something cos tis mpr is anoying it doesent play anywhere

What game can you name that saves replays in a video format that can be played outside of the game?
LFS replay files are in fact NOT video files, but a bunch of coding that basically tells AI to do everything you and other racers did in a particular race. This is also the reason why replays cannot be reversed.
Read the suggestion log BEFORE POSTING:

Quote :Other
(...)
- AVI (or other form) replay extractor or converter.
(...)

- for "no way" stuffs.
#7 - Ian.H
Quote from obsolum :What game can you name that saves replays in a video format that can be played outside of the game?

rFactor (albeit an export function)... although it's not very stable in regards to exporting both audio and video.. the audio export part seems to work randomly, but the feature is there.

Would be great to have something like that in LFS too at some point.. FRAPS is crap.

Regards,

Ian
Well kudos to rFactor then Personally I'd be more than happy if there was a way to just rewind a replay. If I'm watching a replay of a 10 lap race to view a particular incident that happened in lap 9 I can view it once from one angle and then I have to exit the replay, start it again and fastforward (which, by the way, is not that fast) 9 laps to view it again from a different perspective. Very time consuming and it puts me off from properly reviewing replays of incidents that perhaps would be worth reporting

replays
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG