The online racing simulator
#1 - Krle
having problem with "lost connection with server" often
just when i step into race and playing for minute or two than i get "lost connection with server" can someone please help ????????????
Quote from Krle :just when i step into race and playing for minute or two than i get "lost connection with server" can someone please help ????????????

You need to find out if it is a problem with LFS or with your connection. Is your internet connection normally stable when browsing the web? What speed connection do you have? Do you use a firewall? If so, has LFS got access? Does this happen on all LFS servers are just one/some?

Make sure you have the latest version of LFS too.
Im running on a wireless connection (WPA-PSK TKIP security) and the same thing is happening to me - my ping is fine until about 1 minute (sometimes less) after joining any server my bar in the bottom left corner slowly rises up into the red and beyond until i disconnect and get a "lost connection from host" message.
Ive searched the forums for possible answers and tryed just about everything, i know my firewall has nothing to do with it as i disabled it and that had no affect, my connection is fine with other online games, browsing the net AND using P2P to download things and im running the latest version of LFS.
My ISP is virgin media and im using a Belkin 802.11g wireless with high-speed mode, model number - F5D7231-4.
I have no idea what to do next and going wired isnt really an option. Hope someone can help as from what ive read im not the only one with this kind of problem.
#4 - troy
i had exactly the same issues also on my wlan.

try to take the router antenna a bit further to your computer, that did solve most of my problems
the second thing i noticed is: i need traffic on the line to maintain a stable connection (dont ask me why)
my solution, i mostly turn on some inet radio and mute the music

since i do that i had no problems with timeouts anymore
Thanks for the suggestion but it didnt work, tryed streaming some radio but was disconnected again on the first server i joined. Anyone else got any good ideas?
I have same problem. I have 512 kbit guaranted wifi connection.
This problem is since I am using X10 version (demo).
After 5-10 minutes I lost connection (I am not sharing connection with others).
Quote from ShowStoppa :
My ISP is virgin media

Says it all, I think

I use AOL with a Netgear router [108mb 802.11g] WEP security, 1Mb Connection[Aol Silver]

Except when my wireless connection goes occasionaly [signal is "very low"] I get no drop outs.

Try differnt security's, if you are wireless move around to see

Yea....i wouldnt exactly call Virgin media are 'good' but from what ive heard most ISPs are pretty shoddy. Im considering going to Sky (anyone know if they are any good?) but i was hoping for a short term fix so I can atleast finish a single lap on a server.
#9 - Krle
Quote from Gentlefoot :You need to find out if it is a problem with LFS or with your connection. Is your internet connection normally stable when browsing the web? What speed connection do you have? Do you use a firewall? If so, has LFS got access? Does this happen on all LFS servers are just one/some?

Make sure you have the latest version of LFS too.

i have turned off all things that may have something to do with my connection working fine and there is same stuffff going on and on again i just dont understand it worked perfectly in the beginning but now it just wont last and i got wery addicted wich make things even worse thanks eny way
Quote :i have turned off all things that may have something to do with my connection working fine and there is same stuffff going on and on again i just dont understand it worked perfectly in the beginning but now it just wont last and i got wery addicted wich make things even worse thanks eny way

Yep, my connection seems to run absolutly fine on everything but LFS, this is driving mad as everything ive tryed has had no effect what so ever......
Sounds like you might have a simular problem to what I had. But maple story didnt work, and LFS was fine.

Sounds like your router/connection might not like the type/amount/frequency of packets being sent and recieved. All I can suggest is to try (on your pc) at a freinds house, connect to his network, and check if it is your PC or your connection.

Possibly try a new router too.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Sounds like you might have a simular problem to what I had. But maple story didnt work, and LFS was fine.

Sounds like your router/connection might not like the type/amount/frequency of packets being sent and recieved. All I can suggest is to try (on your pc) at a freinds house, connect to his network, and check if it is your PC or your connection.

Possibly try a new router too.

I think you might have been right there about the amount or frequency of packets, i had a play with the high speed settings on my router and changed them about (without really knowing what i was doing :tilt and it seems to have worked, weather its pure luck that ive been able to hold a connetion is yet to be seen but im hoping. Thanks for the help

EDIT : it was just teasing me......connections being dropped again
I'm no network expert but have you tried completly removing the router, uninstalling it all, and then re-installing/connecting the whole thing? Normaly any problems with the router are gone if you revert to default/reinstall
I think ive finally nailed it but im not sure which of the two things i did made the difference, just thought id list em down here to help anyone who might be in the same situation i was in.
OK first thing i did was close and then re-open and check the ports for LSFserver on my router, and secondly I enabled UPNP, im not sure exactly what this does but its something to do with letting programs/devices/application configure the router to open certain ports or other things to let the program/device/application work properly, im also unsure as to weather all routers have this option or weather LFS acctauly uses it but its a possibility.

Hope that helps anyone with the same (AND VERY ANNOYING) problem.
not AGAIN!
ok, im losing my connections again, if anything its slightly better than before and i stay connected longer but none the less not long enought to finish a race, Ive been trawling through the forums and there are so many threads with people with what seems to be exactly the same problem and there isnt a definate cause or solution posted in any of them.
Unless im being stupid and have missed it then it doesnt look like its been properly looked into because with this amount of people with the same problem it must be something similar causing it.

please HELP! :weeping:
Quote from ShowStoppa :Yea....i wouldnt exactly call Virgin media are 'good' but from what ive heard most ISPs are pretty shoddy. Im considering going to Sky (anyone know if they are any good?) but i was hoping for a short term fix so I can atleast finish a single lap on a server.

I wouldn't go to Sky. The speeds they quote are going own a hill with a tail wind. Also, if the routers fail, they are all encrypted so can't be fixed easilly. Have a look at Be for a good ISP. www.bethere.co.uk
Quote from ShowStoppa : ok, im losing my connections again, if anything its slightly better than before and i stay connected longer but none the less not long enought to finish a race, Ive been trawling through the forums and there are so many threads with people with what seems to be exactly the same problem and there isnt a definate cause or solution posted in any of them.
Unless im being stupid and have missed it then it doesnt look like its been properly looked into because with this amount of people with the same problem it must be something similar causing it.

please HELP! :weeping:

This is what happens to me as well and I haven't been able to find a solution either sorry. (Other than bang my chest and threaten my computer with bodily harm!) My CTRA stats for completed races are shit because I lose my connection all the time.
Let me know if anything helps you and i'll do the same.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG