The online racing simulator
Quote from robgo :Nice moves from Norbi. he was the very last after the race start because he didn't see the teh start sign. (He always starts from the front in the Hungarian championship...)

That's true
Quote from bluejudas :I can't play the mpg file...
I am using windows media player 11... what player do need?? codecs?

Or download VLC media player, it's played anything i've asked it to so far.
VLC is no good for interlaced stuff though, which the clip is.
Quote from J.B. :VLC is no good for interlaced stuff

Deinterlace is disabled by default in VLC. You have to manually enable it through the Video menu (usually use BOB) and it works pretty fine for me
There is a video recorded by one of our LFS racing mates (VüMi - volgyesi995) on site. Even if the quality is not that good I really enjoyed watching it.

http://volgyesi995.extra.hu/norbi.wmv

VüMi tried to follow Norbi's race and actions as much as possible so for me this video provides a much better coverage than the Eurosport one. Thank you VüMi for making it public.

Well done, Norbi! I hope we will see you again in this fast car (or in a much faster one?)
Quote from Lotesdelere :Deinterlace is disabled by default in VLC. You have to manually enable it through the Video menu (usually use BOB) and it works pretty fine for me

Exactly. First bad thing is that deinterlacing doesn't kick in automatically, second bad thing is that the deinterlacer is nowhere near as high quality as the hardware GPU deinterlacers that get used with "proper" players and decoders.

VLC is still unbeatable for portability n00b friendliness though.
Quote from fantom :There is a video recorded by one of our LFS racing mates (VüMi - volgyesi995) on site. Even if the quality is not that good I really enjoyed watching it.

http://volgyesi995.extra.hu/norbi.wmv

VüMi tried to follow Norbi's race and actions as much as possible so for me this video provides a much better coverage than the Eurosport one. Thank you VüMi for making it public.

Well done, Norbi! I hope we will see you again in this fast car (or in a much faster one?)

Great vid! As if I was at the track myself.
And for those of you in North America who could not watch this race, SPEED will air it during the winter. They always air all the Porsche Super Cup races then. So it is a chance to actually see an LFS'er race. (of course it would be better if they aired it in the same season as the race was done, but they are too busy wasting air time showing NASCAR reality shows and reruns)

Great Job Norbi!
The cup races are tough. There are a lot of big name drivers who don't do that well in the series when they do their guest drives.
Quote from J.B. :VLC is no good for interlaced stuff though, which the clip is.

No idea about the codecs and what interlaced is but I watched it fine on VLC.
Quote from Bawbag :No idea about the codecs and what interlaced is but I watched it fine on VLC.

This is getting off topic but maybe you're interested in what I'm talking about (click on the images to open larger versions in new windows):

VLC player:

VLC player with bob deinterlacing:

PDVD with hardware deinterlacing:
nice ! gratz to Mr. Kiss

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG