The online racing simulator
Tire popped under race under normal conditions
Hi.

I just raced ten laps (only made 9 before the tire popped) on AS National.

The tyre temp was normal, and as you can see from the screenshot you can see that I could have raced even more laps.

I'm not completely shure that it is an bug, but its weird nonetheless.

Follow my car: ATC Alt-Ctrl on lap 9 into the last turn before the chicane.

EDIT: car is XRR, R2 tires, and it was the front right tyre that popped.
Attached images
LFS 2005-08-13 22-45-08-06.jpg
happens to me too.
I race clean (no drifts at all) but after 8 or 9 laps, if i Push a bit harder in the previous 3 corners, tire pops... weird thing, is that the tire is fresh with plenty of thread left! just like in your picture :\

XRR R2 tires, AS national and always the right tire to pop (if i push a bit harder in the last corner or two.)
Looks to me that your tyres are very thin and thats whats caused your puncture.

Keiran
not thin at all! see the picture from the first post.... the tyres are like new
they dont have to be thin or so to pop, you can pop your tires in any normal conditions... just like in life
#6 - clp
my guess is that you've locked your brakes at some point, creating a thin/flat spot on your tyre. this is the section that punctured, while the rest looks fine

Cheers,
CLP
Quote from clp :my guess is that you've locked your brakes at some point, creating a thin/flat spot on your tyre. this is the section that punctured, while the rest looks fine

Cheers,
CLP

I thought that to, but I didn't notice any flat spots when I watched the replay, maybe I should watch it again.

Quote from XCNuse :they dont have to be thin or so to pop, you can pop your tires in any normal conditions... just like in life

True. But it seems that spyshagg have experienced the same thing to. I will try another race with the same set and see what happends :-)

Quote from spyshagg :happens to me too.
I race clean (no drifts at all) but after 8 or 9 laps, if i Push a bit harder in the previous 3 corners, tire pops... weird thing, is that the tire is fresh with plenty of thread left! just like in your picture :\

XRR R2 tires, AS national and always the right tire to pop (if i push a bit harder in the last corner or two.)

puncture?
Quote from XCNuse :they dont have to be thin or so to pop, you can pop your tires in any normal conditions... just like in life

Under normal conditions, a tire shouldn't pop.
I bet You have flatspotted it. Even MacEST didnt really notice the flatspots on the XRR and blew his fronts
Hitting curbs too hard will pop a tire like that- it happened to me a lot at first.

Also, there is a video at RSC in the bug report section that proves that the tires lock up, and don't make a sound.
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=215865

You may be locking up the front wheel(s) and not even notice it.

I have not watched replay though.
No flat spots than you can see in the replay, and I'm nowhere close a cerb in that turn.

But the last races I have been racing more smooth so I haven't experienced it again yet.

Well, if the devs want to watch the replay they can just ask to get it. Can't upload it here, to big :-/
I find that realism. I find that cool. I can't wait when that happens to me
Maybe Scawen added random valve failures too :P
Judging from the screenshot your replay is mpr and therefore you cannot see the flatspot as mpr doesn't save all tyre sectors, only an average of the temps from all sectors. If you had flatspotted in hotlap mode, your replay would have shown the flatspot and numeric tyre temps as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG