The online racing simulator
Anyone own an impreza?
(5 posts, started )
Anyone own an impreza?
Currently looking at getting an impreza classic (1993-2000) style. Swaying more towards getting the p1 as it's the most desirable for me.

Does anybody own an impreza (preferably the same body style) what are they like to maintain, are services expensive? Any pointers to a scooby noob?

Cheers
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by XCNuse : what's the point of saying no?
Heya, i dont own an impreza, but my brother does.

Its a 1995 Prodrive model. They came out the factory with 300 or so hp, but he has tuned his to about 400. They are'nt too hard to look after, but they do drink alot of oil. My brothers seem's to be drinking more then normal though, and it is leaking oil from the turbo so he is going to strip that down next week. All in all, they are great cars, and sound great.

Here are some pics,

Regards,
Frenchy

Edit: Just thought i would mention, if you can afford it, defintely go for a P1, my dad used to have one a couple of years back. Great looking car. Unfortunately, it got killed by a silly truck driver one day while shopping

www.pistonheads.com is a good site for used cars. Just click on classified and click the car you want. I did see one P1 on there the other night. 58,000 miles with an engine rebuild done at 43,000. Good condition and well looked after, going for £9,250! Bargain!
Attached images
DSCF0007.JPG
DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0009.JPG
DSCF0010.JPG
Like any Impreza WRX or RS, see how first and second gear feel to you. If it has been abused, it has a hard time getting into first, second and third. Some (chavs) people stupidly rev the engine to 4000 RPM's and do all wheel drive burnouts, or power shift from first to second, which kill the trannys. Period.

Headgaskets from those years also have a tendency to blow out. But id it is fixed once, there should be no problem.

I myself own a 2007 WRX, and I work in parts for a Subaru dealer.
i dont own an imp but my bro had a 02' version and if worked on several , there great cars , a modern classic but they are Queit expencive when they go wrong.

I belive that they cars been in production for over 10 t=years and they have ironed out all the main problems in the car

of courses theres the normal issues that most cars fae but its only the head gasket ( as mentioned ) and the weak gear box ( in older models ) that you should be worried about

either of them can set you back alot of cash so try to find ones that haven't had the life ran out of them by boy racers
I just picked up this one for a winter beater.

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS with 28k on the clock.

Anyone own an impreza?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG