The online racing simulator
Skin sizes and wheel colouring
I searched for both of these but couldn't find anything.

Firstly, I'd very much like to be able to right click on the wheel colour sliders in order to be able to input an RGB value. Since there's the option to right click on almost every other slider to enter a precise value, it's be excellent to see the same feature on the wheels (and body colour, for what it's worth). It would make it so much easier when trying to get a wheel colour to accurately match a colour on the car.

Secondly, not so much a suggestion as more a query about the auto-downloaded skins from LFSW. Are there any plans to upgrade the downloaded skins from 512 to 1024? Or given that some people aren't interested in it and just don't want to see a field of white cars (which I understand entirely), perhaps enable it as an option for those who like to see skins in detail? I don't have any concerns about hard disk space (400GB in total), connection speed (4megabit download), or video ram (128MB, and that's on an ageing GeForce 5900), which I appreciate isn't the case for everybody - so are there any plans to auto download the larger skins as an option? I assume the bandwidth/load on the LFSW server is an issue also, but hopefully as the money keeps coming in from S2 purchases then the server can be upgraded / extra bandwidth purchased as necessary. Whichever way, it'd be nice to see it at some point in the future.
Yeah, iirc the 1024 versions are already stored on the LFSW servers, so I would also like the option to auto-download them ingame .

I can't really imagine that this would take up that much bandwidth...

Edit: On you slider suggestion, also . Although I would rather see two little rectangles in the skin file to define the rim colours.
Well a 1024 skin is 4 times as large as a 512 skin (twice as big in two directions), so it would take 4 times as much bandwidth.

Hard drive space is cheap, bandwidth is expensive.

Frame rates will get worse, loading times get slower, bandwidth increases (and S3 might increase in cost to compensate), and you get to see a slightly sharper skin when you flash past. Not worth the effort imho
Quote from tristancliffe :Frame rates will get worse, loading times get slower, bandwidth increases (and S3 might increase in cost to compensate), and you get to see a slightly sharper skin when you flash past. Not worth the effort imho

Who says I get to flash past anyone?

But as I explained above, some of us are on fast(ish) connections with rigs that could cope with larger skins, and are willing to put up with the downsides in order to view the skins as they were intended. Which is why it'd be nice as an option, so that those who want quicker downloads, quicker startup, and a smaller footprint on the hard drive (or are simply not arsed about it) could just stick with the 512 skins.
Yeah, during racing those 512² skins are far sufficient. If you do watch the other cars thoroughly enough to notice the difference while driving 150+ km/h, then you're doing something wrong and probably end up in the sand trap anyways. Concentrate on the track boys!

After the race when you park besides each other, THEN you can notice the "low" resolution, but that's not too much of an issue either IMO.
The main point remains that the devs have to ultimately pay for bandwidth (I imagine), so reducing this to sensible levels is important. If you want to see high-res skins, ask the people involved to send you 'em.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG