The online racing simulator
My skins are being stolen
(15 posts, started )
I've have recently been seeing a number of people driving with my personal skins complete with my "Pantera70 logo" on them. I haven't posted them anywhere, so could someone tell me how they are getting hold of them. I am happy to help the community and design skins for anyone who asks nicely, but taking without asking!!!!!!!
you couldnt find anything in the search?
I'm pretty sure this came up last week as well...

(and I'm not searching for you. If you are lazy, so am I )
No not found anything.... will keep looking though
They are probably getting them from skins_X folder.
Quote from Pantera70 :I've have recently been seeing a number of people driving with my personal skins complete with my "Pantera70 logo" on them. I haven't posted them anywhere, so could someone tell me how they are getting hold of them. I am happy to help the community and design skins for anyone who asks nicely, but taking without asking!!!!!!!

are you sure you didn't save over one of the default skin files?
It is odd to see multiple people doing it. You may have saved over something.
#8 - Gunn
Skins are loaded by file name, so check your file name to make sure it isn't something really generic, other people might have named their own skin the same. Even though they aren't using your skin, it would appear that they are.
#9 - ajp71
Try uploading your skin (or anything with the same filename) to LFSW to find out if there is already another skin with that filename.
If you really haven't posted them anywhere (including LFSW) or to anyone then it has to be a file name replication issue. If you've uploaded to LFSW then anyone can take the skin out of the skins_x folder and use it. Sadly it is impossible to fully legislate against, you can only be happy in the knowledge that your hard work is so admired by others.
Thanks for the responses ... Don't think it's the file name, using very non generic names.... Oh well will have to live with it and just keep enjoying the race
#12 - Jakg
saw the butt face who stole my skin last week and did jakg's idea now he is humiliated in front of the WORLD aahhh sweet revenge
I saw (name withheld) driving with a skin saying in pink letters: I can't upload skins to LFSWorld.

One of you guys did that?

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG