The online racing simulator
2x textures?
(6 posts, started )
2x textures?
I read in a LFS FAQ about 2x textures but don't see the option anywhere in S2. I have all the settings at max with 6xAA and 16xAF but the game still doesn't look as good as it does in some screens I see. I'm using a X800 Pro which isn't too great anymore but I believe LFS should look as good as it does in the screens I see. Any ideas?
Under Graphics in the options there is half texture size i think thats what the 2X textures are referring too. also check your LODs and MIP bias.
My MIP and LOD are all the way up. I believe half textures cuts the texture size in half to save video memory but I could be wrong.
Quote from Goldfingiz :I read in a LFS FAQ about 2x textures but don't see the option anywhere in S2. I have all the settings at max with 6xAA and 16xAF but the game still doesn't look as good as it does in some screens I see. I'm using a X800 Pro which isn't too great anymore but I believe LFS should look as good as it does in the screens I see. Any ideas?

The 2X textures option has been removed from S2, apparently it's now always on. You'll need to show us a screenshot and tell us why exactly do you think it doesn't look as good as it should.
its either normal or half textures one or the other
and you know when its half if all the textures on the tracks are blurry
Well, you could post a screenshot so we can see where your graphics are lacking.

2x textures?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG