The online racing simulator
Muscle Twitching
(35 posts, started )
Muscle Twitching
For a few months now, i've had this muscle twitch going on 5-7 days out of the week. It only happens when i'm not doing anything, a.k.a watching t.v., sitting at the comp. It has happened in places such as my eyebrow, thumb, bicep, and knee. I heard that it can be caused by anxiety but there is nothing for me to be anxious about...I don't get the twitches when I am active, whether it be at work playing a sport, driving in real life. The twitches are significant enough to be seen on the skin and felt if i put my hand over it. Does anyone else have this sort of thing? Does anyone know how to get rid of it? It doesn't hurt at all, it's just freaking annoying.

now that I think about it, they sound more like spasms, but w/e..
#2 - CSU1
lemme guess, you've never read the warning inside the very first page of the manuals in all the games in the whole world? Go to the doctor before you do yourself more damage.
I have read the warnings on the back of all videos games ever made in the world and I have never had this problem in my life until now. I've been playing video games since 7 or 8 years old and have NEVER had this problem. I posted to ask if others experienced this or if it was just me or if they were familiar with this.

Also, I forgot to add that I have gotten these while sitting in school, so it can't be video game/T.V. caused.
I don't think it is related to the games at all. It happens me sometimes, not often but when it does I just move whatever muscle is twitching and it usually stops.

I'm not sure why it happens but I'm not the most active person so it could be related to that, hehe.
Hehe thanks. I was pretty sure that i KNEW it was not video game related. What i speculate is that since my work requires a lot of physical exertion, and the sports that i play on weekends require excessive running, it is an effect of the normally over-active muscles, not being active. I figured that because of the relaxed atmosphere, the muscles start twitching because they are used to working hard?
That could be it alright, the muscle isn't used to being so relaxed, but what sport involves your eyebrows? Hahaha...
try more sleep and magnesium
Quote from U4IK ST8 :That could be it alright, the muscle isn't used to being so relaxed, but what sport involves your eyebrows? Hahaha...

Lol , the only time my eyebrow twitched was the time it happened in school. Every other time its either been in my hand, arm or knee.
Quote from Shotglass :try more sleep and magnesium

Roger that, i'd also like to hear from others if they experience this and what they have done to diminish it.
It's normal to have muscle twitches once in a while. Infact a normal person has some twitching everyday, it's just it often goes unnoticed if you are doing something else or it's in a muscle you don't really notice. Magnesium defiancy is what usually causes it. Anyway no need to worry if it doesn't happen all the time or for long periods of time.

PS. I had once had a twitch in my eyebrow for ~2 weeks straight, that was annoying
Quote from geeman1 :It's normal to have muscle twitches once in a while. Infact a normal person has some twitching everyday, it's just it often goes unnoticed if you are doing something else or it's in a muscle you don't really notice. Magnesium defiancy is what usually causes it. Anyway no need to worry if it doesn't happen all the time or for long periods of time.

Now that you mentioned the "time" aspect of it, I noticed that it NEVER happens in the morning, only in the afternoon really....
for example:

you're donating blood and you get a metallic taste in your mouth, ask the nurse and she'll give you (iirc) some vitamin C.
After that small dosage you drink the symptoms disappear.

regards
Quote from micha1980de :for example:

you're donating blood and you get a metallic taste in your mouth, ask the nurse and she'll give you (iirc) some vitamin C.
After that small dosage you drink the symptoms disappear.

regards

Sorry, but could you clarify your point?
Quote from ans7812 :Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

I can tell you how not to get rid of it: post about it on the LFS forum.
What doesn't kill, makes you stronger.

What does kill, makes your mother stronger.

Don't worry about it.
Get get that in my eye when I'm tired. I find just getting more sleep makes it go away.
too much (any) aspartame does that for me.
Quote from ans7812 :Sorry, but could you clarify your point?

it happens while you're donating blood.
The procedure is rather complex but in simple terms, they need a certain part of your blood, the plasma, the rest is pumped back into your bloodstream.
So if you donate plasma u'll be doing this about 45 minutes then the procedure is done, in that time your body is lacking that plasma and i assume the restoring takes a few ressources (vitamins, minerals).
As a result of the restoration of your full bloodstream you get that metallic taste.
The nurse once told me it's a sign that the body lacks a certain ingredient, so she gave me a small dosage of something that tasted like orange juice but was completely yellow translucent.
After that i felt fine again...

i hope that stumble helped...
Try upping your salt intake for while.I used to get the same thing (Still do on occasion) and I reckon it was on account of bad diet. Fruit, veg, cut down on the crap (Fizzy pop, crisps, you know the score) and drink lots . . . water. Chuck a bit of salt on yer meals a couple of times and see if that cuts it down. Think about what your doing methodically. It really is amazing just how much what you eat effects who you are. So don't just go splashing the salt on, just up the intake a little bit. If the symptoms persist then it probs ain't that and move on to something else. But for me it's generally salt that caused the ticks and I found I could stop it within a few minutes by eating a bit of salt.

Curious ain't it.
I get 'twitches in my legs when I sit awkwardly for too long (ie, 5 minutes!) but that has already been diagnosed as sciatica.
A twitch is the least of my problems, sometimes it hurts like f... crazy!
This is down to either a prolapsed disc in my lower back, or osteo-arthritis, but the quacks cant decide which yet. Both are a strong possibility given my age and my job, so until they decide, I am buggered! Biggest problem is, when it hurts, I cant work unless I take the medication, and the medication is so powerful that I cant work while taking it! Catch 22.
you can always try some DIY shock therapy
Quote from Funnybear :Try upping your salt intake for while.I used to get the same thing (Still do on occasion) and I reckon it was on account of bad diet.

I occasionally get slight twitches and its usually not enough "good quality" salt (as funnybear says, no crisps, etc.).
ok, i'll try the salt, thanks. Usually i put salt on meals anyway but i guess its not enough. About the drinking, I drink water ALL the time and usually can go through a couple bottles a day. I don't think that water is the problem hehe.

Quote from Bladerunner :I get 'twitches in my legs when I sit awkwardly for too long (ie, 5 minutes!) but that has already been diagnosed as sciatica.
A twitch is the least of my problems, sometimes it hurts like f... crazy!
This is down to either a prolapsed disc in my lower back, or osteo-arthritis, but the quacks cant decide which yet. Both are a strong possibility given my age and my job, so until they decide, I am buggered! Biggest problem is, when it hurts, I cant work unless I take the medication, and the medication is so powerful that I cant work while taking it! Catch 22.

When I get the twitches they never hurt, it just feels like someone is tapping my leg or arm or wherever it is. It just gets really annoying.
Quote from ans7812 :ok, i'll try the salt, thanks. Usually i put salt on meals anyway but i guess its not enough. About the drinking, I drink water ALL the time and usually can go through a couple bottles a day. I don't think that water is the problem hehe.

if you drink a lot and salt actually can help (never heard of that one before) that might be the "problem"
but if you happen to sleep less than 7-8 hrs a day on average that would most likely be to blame
Quote from Shotglass :if you drink a lot and salt actually can help (never heard of that one before) that might be the "problem"
but if you happen to sleep less than 7-8 hrs a day on average that would most likely be to blame

Usually I sleep 8 hours on average

Muscle Twitching
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG