The online racing simulator
Round 5 Race Report
Official qualifying has begun. First racing have taken an early provisional pole position
Qualifying ended.

Results:
1) 17
2) 15
3) 21
4) 9
5) 6
6) 23
7) 13
8) 7
9) 1
10) 16
11) 19
12) 10
13) 2

Race has now started
Report after 1 hour 19 minutes

Positions:
1) 17
2) 06
3) 07
4) 21
5) 15
6) 23
7) 1
8) 9
9) 16
10) 10
11) 13
12) 19
13) 2 DNF
14) 4 DNF

Safety Car: None
Why was car 19 givin a drive thru after the pace car left the track in the first full lap caution? And why did the pace car leave the track after only one pace caution lap when the rules state there will be two laps (Rule #5)? Also, there was no green flag giving when the pace car left the track just another yellow??
Why drive through to car 15?????
Report after 2 hours 7 minutes

Positions:
1) 1
2) 06
3) 23
4) 15
5) 21
6) 07
7) 09
8) 16
9) 19
10) 10
11) 13 DNF
12) 17 DNF
13) 2 DNF
14) 4 DNF

Safety Car: 3

There was confusion with the last minute safety car replacement driver after both SC drivers had to drop out this round. I think you may have gotten a DT for crossing the pit exit lines but i'm not quite sure as i was away for a period of time.
It is not in the rules that crossing the yellow line is a violation and we did not do it and interfere with another driver, although it did happen to me very early in the event and I blew turn one because of it. As I understand the yellow line rule was only for the south city race.

OOHH Heck nevermind we just ran out of FUEL!!! aaaggghhhh hehehe
unlucky, well, i took over and imediatly was out because my keyboard downshift key was sticking, so i cudn't shift down...
Report after 3 hours 4 minutes

Positions:
1) 06
2) 23
3) 15
4) 09
5) 01
6) 16
7) 21
8) 07 DNF
9) 19 DNF
10) 10 DNF
11) 13 DNF
12) 17 DNF
13) 2 DNF
14) 4 DNF

Safety Car: 3
Quote from nmanley :It is not in the rules that crossing the yellow line is a violation and we did not do it and interfere with another driver, although it did happen to me very early in the event and I blew turn one because of it. As I understand the yellow line rule was only for the south city race.

13) Drivers must remain between the pit exit lines when exiting the pits, under all circumstances. Failure to abide by this rule will result in a DT if caught by the marshals, or a one (1) lap penalty in the final standings if protested after the race.
Thanks, DWB I missed that.
We just got a DT penalty for a skin problem, could you tell me what the problem is?
No number on the front (hood area) of the car, as per...

26) Team skins must display the IGTC plate on the front, sides, and rear of the car, bearing the team's number at a readable size. Team numbers can be found in the team section of the IGTC website.
Ah ok
Nice race guys!

As for the single driver thing, it was only a matter of family commitments from the rest of team #1. The rules don't go against it. I won't be going it alone anymore though, too many mistakes on my part.
IGTC
Round 5
21st July 2007: Fern Bay Gold
Podium finishers

Winner
Z.Iqbal - N.Djakovic

06 Clownpaint Gaming #1 FZR
4:01:11.15 - 180 laps - 5 pitstops

.....................2nd place .......................................................3rd place
.........FXR 09 [SR]SonicRealms Racing FXR ........................................15 Unity-racing.com
..........+0:00.46 - 180 laps - 5 pitstops ......................................+0:19.66 - 180 laps - 4 pitstops

Attached images
Finishers.JPG
Those results are provisional, as there were several teams who disconnected.
Also, there will be some rules changes coming in the next few days as a result of things discovered during this round, so keep an eye out for those.
Thanks to all the organizers and pace car drivers etc.
It was a little rough around the edges, but we all really apreciate the effort!

Edit- 1 thing to think about:

In the SC que, a car with the BLUE FLAG Message will NOT Be Able to See the GREEN FLAG Message!

Edit 2 - CONGRATS to CP, SR, Unity, CoRe, and Moo! Great job on a crazy hard fought race. Shame there were so much mayhem, but thats the nature of the beast. Just finishing there is an accomplishment
Attached images
Finish.JPG
Thanks for pushing us to enter the race Stu, we had fun even though me and Jamie ended up driving 2 hours each. I heard you did the whole 4 hours yourself so respect for that.

I think we could have had a better result if me and Jamie hadn't made so many mistakes but we finished, which is more than about half the field managed

EDIT: We were no-where near the one-lap pace but, setting aside the spins/crashes, we were pretty consistent
Quote from Leifde :Thanks for pushing us to enter the race Stu, we had fun even though me and Jamie ended up driving 2 hours each. I heard you did the whole 4 hours yourself so respect for that.

I think we could have had a better result if me and Jamie hadn't made so many mistakes but we finished, which is more than about half the field managed

EDIT: We were no-where near the one-lap pace but, setting aside the spins/crashes, we were pretty consistent

Thanks to All who entered, I'm glad you guys finished and had a good time!

Sorry to say the 4 hours meant many mistakes on my part, but fortunately nothing to end our day. Best of luck in the future Moo!
Nice racing with you guys, for as long as i didn't put the car on the roof... Stupid, stupid, STUPID me... Well it was my first official race, so now I am hopefully that much wiser :slap: (Me on right !!)

Does anyone have the replay, forgot to save it (Yes S, S, S me again), would really like to see what I did wrong...

02 LººK Franke™
I have the whole thing saved. If need be our team will try and find a public fileshare.
Will you be able to publicly host it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG