The online racing simulator
InSim Bug w/ IS_SCH
(4 posts, started )
InSim Bug w/ IS_SCH
Mikey_G found a bug while sending IS_SCH using my lib. I've confirmed the behavior and stepped through the code to check on the actual packet and I'm fairly certain that it's not a bug in my lib, but one on the LFS side.

Basically, if you send a keypress of 'g' (char 103) and you have a text entry open, it'll type out g. But if you do not, then the left turn indicator turns on. Mikey_G noticed that the hex for g is 0x67, so the the question was whether it someone saw the trailing 7 (which is bound to left indicator) and used that as the keypress instead of the char 'g'.

Can anyone not using LFSLib confirm this behavior?

thanks,
sdether
I can confirm that the left blinker turns on on sending 'g', the right blinker on 'h' and both on 'i'. But they don't disable on sending 'j'.
Well, yeah, 'j' is a special case, but another example would be 'b' which is 0x62 in hex, and as you might guess, it opens up the save replay prompt (which is mapped to the 2 key).
#4 - filur
Quote from GeForz :I can confirm that the left blinker turns on on sending 'g', the right blinker on 'h' and both on 'i'. But they don't disable on sending 'j'.

I can confirm the same thing. Not using LFSLib.

InSim Bug w/ IS_SCH
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG