The online racing simulator
Joystick wont fit in.
(21 posts, started )
Joystick wont fit in.
The joystick has great hope for LFS for me. But it wont fit in.My XP is American, and my joystick is British, so that may be why. Also, the joystick is my elder brother's.
#2 - CSU1
just cut the end off an old usb device and slap it on to the joystick:bullwhip:
#3 - Jakg
....fit in? What do you mean?

You can change your XP to "British" easily, not that it will make a difference.

Does it not fit in a plug on the back? I'd recommend trying to get it fixed, as your Yellow Flag ratio of 179% is worrying :P
How am i supposed to do that? I'm only 11.
EDIT: Didnt see your post Jakg
#5 - Jakg
What, cut the end off? Not hard to do, i built my first PC at 11 *shrugs*

Cutting the end off and soldering a USB end on won't actually WORK, mind, but at least you'll feel 1337.

Could you elaborate "won't fit"
It wont plug in Jack.
#7 - Jakg
what connector is on the end?

And why on EARTH would what language your OS is in make a difference to whether a plug fits or not?!
Maybe i should consider getting a wheel...
I seen a Thrustmaster in the shops so i'll get that. *prepares to save money*.
#9 - Jakg
Thrustmaster wheels are naff.

Jeez, if only someone made a guide on wheels and then put a link to it in their signature...
Only a bloody wanker would do that...
Quote from Jakg :Thrustmaster wheels are naff.

Jeez, if only someone made a guide on wheels and then put a link to it in their signature...

You put one in your sig...
Still, its cheap and it'll work for me.
what does the joystick connector look like? Remember, just because your babbling makes sense to you when YOU post, doesnt mean we can connect to your mind and understand it. Please, think a bit, then start to type... maybe, it's an old joystick that used to connect to that funky yellow plug on the older mobo's? My computer still has that. also, have you tried flipping the plug? USB goes in only one way, so try to fit it, then flip it and try again, kiddo.
#13 - Jakg
I'm geussing it's a GamePort (the "funky yellow plug"), if so you can pick up a sound card off eBay for under £3 (what i did, Creative SB Live! 5.1) with one on the back, and get (marginally) better sound quality.

And Dalek, i was being Sarcastic :doh:
#14 - CSU1
Quote from dawedust_12 :you bloody wanker

na he's just a geek. I was trying to get Dalek to chop it up lol
The end looks like this
Attached images
ook.JPG
Quote from Dalek0220 :The end looks like this

That would be a gameport style plugin. Please read previous posts in this thread for instructions on how to connect it.
#17 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :I'm geussing it's a GamePort (the "funky yellow plug"), if so you can pick up a sound card off eBay for under £3 (what i did, Creative SB Live! 5.1) with one on the back, and get (marginally) better sound quality.

Thats how ye get a GamePort
So i wait a week or two and I've got a USB thingy. Great! Joystick heaven here i come. I done a search on ebay.
#19 - Jakg
....i don't understand what you mean...?
Search "Gameport" on ebay.
#21 - Jakg
Ah, you bought an adapter.

Joystick wont fit in.
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG