The online racing simulator
About the new license - picture?
Greets,

and sorry if I've missed this info already, but I'm intrigued about the new license - is the picture user definable? If so - how big and what format (e.g. just jpeg?)

regards Jack L.
#2 - Jakg
Yes, afaik it's editable, although i don't know the dimensions as Sam is still in the process of designing the front end to part of the website/system.
180x240.
Hi

I wrote the uploading page yesterday, and after much hair pulling and a session that ended somewhere in the region of 4am it will now accept any .jpg picture up to 200kb in size and will automatically resize and crop the image to the dimensions used on the licence picture itself, which are as mentioned above 180x240.

I think the licence looks a lot better if you apply a sepia filter to your images, but I did not want to make this automatic because I didnt want to modify other peoples work and more importantly - it looks really hard to code a sepia filter into a web page!

The staples and styled surround are both added automatically.

The upload system might also handle gif images, I put support in but didnt test it. If gif's dont work i'm not bothered, it's designed for you to put a portrait photo in and they would typically be jpg.
#6 - SamH
I tested gifs last night/this morning.. they do work
Tell you what, it's this sort of attention to detail that makes the CTRA system really nice.

I just hope all those that use it appreciate the amount of blood, sweat and tears all those that have worked on it have shed.
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Hmmm.........I can see this being abused..............
#9 - Jakg
...in the same way forum avatars are abused?
Quote from danowat :Hmmm.........I can see this being abused..............

As long as it's stated what is and isn't acceptable, and what will happen if unnacceptable images are used is clearly defined, then I don't see a problem.
Quote from Bean0 :As long as it's stated what is and isn't acceptable, and what will happen if unnacceptable images are used is clearly defined, then I don't see a problem.

I don't think it needs a lot of common sense to work out what's acceptable and what isn't. This is seen as a family forum, and people should that when uploading their licence picture.
#12 - S0ul
Hmm,i changed my picture but the license only shows me the standard pic. It always shows me that,with every license. I tried 3 different Browser and it does not work,it only gives me this messageefault AvatarDebug: avatar/S0ul.jpg. Anyone else having this problem?
That debug message appears on my own personal web page where I wrote and tested the licence lookup. You need to look at the version of the page that is on the RaceAuthority.com page. There's a button you can click right next to where you upload your picture.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG