The online racing simulator
Free MP3 Server?
(35 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :Well, yeah, thats the plan, but which one?, also, I assume I need to know the IP address my ISP assign's my router so I can connect to it?

If you have a static IP then it's not a problem.
If you have a Dynamic IP, then you should set up a no-ip or dyndns account, so you could connect to, eg. danowat.no-ip.org

You may be able to set up your router with the Dynamic DNS details, I can on a Netgear DG834.
slimserver + dyndns is all you need. Slimserver is open source and free as in beer. Been using it for about 3 years.
Kinda old thread, but why not just connect to your computer directly over internet..
Did somebody mention free beer?
Quote from Lible :Kinda old thread, but why not just connect to your computer directly over internet..

Because I don't know how to

Could well be some free beer involved, if I can even figure out how to bloody listen to my MP3's at work
Quote from danowat :Because I don't know how to

Could well be some free beer involved, if I can even figure out how to bloody listen to my MP3's at work

Just setup a password-protected FTP server.
*sigh* sodding kids and their "inter-this" and "streaming that" and "elite hacksaw whatsit". What happened to mix tapes? No DRM hassles!

Seriously, just get wired for sound - worked for Cliff Richard.

Mmmm, the warmth of magnetic audio tape ...
Setting up a shoutcast server is the easiest thing in the world. I got tired of trying to RDP into my box at home to listen to music at work and set one up.

The only problem is that (at least as far as I know) you can't directly control the playlist from afar. So it's on random for me.
Quote from Polaxis :I bought a Creative Zen Touch 20GB about 2.5 years ago and I'm still very happy with it *thumbs up*

Topic:
http://www.psytrance.cz/music.php

i got a zen.. 1 gb more then enough for me when on my bike or just walking about but i got one of the 40 gb ipods and its not that bad... 12 sheels and a screen lter and it still works

Free MP3 Server?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG