The online racing simulator
Sit back and enjoy the ride...
(102 posts, started )
Hmm, Thanks for the XFR I ordered. I owe you jaffas.
Yay, too much fun for just 2.8KB, will be even more fun when I get a G25.
Awesomeo, nice work Bobbie boy.
Quote from Bob Smith :OK after a PM by Tege I've looked over the setups and a couple were a touch soft, so I've updated accordingly.

For the curious, these are the spring frequencies as used in rev5 of the setup pack.

Car - Rear / Front
UF1 - 1.5Hz / 1.6Hz
XFG - 1.5Hz / 1.6Hz
XRG - 1.45Hz / 1.55Hz
XRT - 1.6Hz / 1.75Hz
RB4 - 1.6Hz / 1.7Hz
FXO - 1.65Hz / 1.75Hz
LX4 - 1.6Hz / 1.9Hz
LX6 - 1.8Hz / 2.0Hz
RAC - 1.75Hz / 1.9Hz
FZ5 - 1.65Hz / 1.7Hz

Are these figures still true? I guess im wrong but i thought that the 'perfect' spring rate was 1. But usually he figure was ~ 0.9 ?

As for the set ups, downloaded but will have a try of them tomorrow.

Edit : Or is dampening frequencies that the perfect is 1. I cant remember and was only last year i was learning about it lol.
They have indeed changed for rev6.

On the whole they are a touch stiffer still (in early attemps, I made them like every day hatchbacks/saloons, however they are mostly sports cars, so I've given them sporty road springs) but a little less damped (relatively). Watching cars going over bumps in the car park made me realise most cars are quite under-damped to aid comfort.

The LX cars in particular I'm using the very similar suspension as used on Caterhams (they have the info buried on their web site). Surprisingly stiff tbh.

Lucky for you I kept track of my work in a spreadsheet...
Attached images
roadsusp.PNG
Great sets Bob
....why bump a one year old thread?.... Just look at the date on the last post next time.......

BTW: sets are fun now that I tried them
Very fun to drive around
#34 - Jakg
Out of interest - how out-dated are these sets?

I could do with "practicing" for my driving lessons and basic things (like shuffling the wheel) and i don't intend to be ANYWHERE the limit - will these do?

(yes i know LFS isn't ideal but i don't have my car, yet...)
I don't really think sets make all that much difference if you're not racing. I mean you can't really feel the wallowyness without really being in the car, and you shouldn't be driving that hard on your driving lessons anyway.
Personally, I like using these setups for the cruise servers
Great Job Bob

Thanks,
Tisy0
Quote from Tege :
I'm not saying that FZ=Porsche but values from Porsches are a good quide to build a real setup to FZ.

I thought the FZ was supposed to resemble a nissan 350Z???
I thought it was supposed to resemble a Italian sports car? After all it sounds like one
Quote from danthebangerboy :I thought the FZ was supposed to resemble a nissan 350Z???

It has a 3.6L Flat-6 rear engine, with the same specs as a 911 GT3. For some reason, that makes me think more of a 911 than a 350Z.
I downloaded the "rev6-S2U" pack and I put them into the setups folder, but when I start the game I can't select them (they're not in the setups list for any of the cars). How come?
Quote from Ilpav :I downloaded the "rev6-S2U" pack and I put them into the settings folder, but when I start the game I can't select them (they're not in the setups list for any of the cars). How come?

Change XF GTi_set.set to XFG_set, FZ50 GTR_set.set to FZR_set.set, etc.
Quote from Shadowww :Change XF GTi_set.set to XFG_set, FZ50 GTR_set.set to FZR_set.set, etc.

In addition, put the setups in the "setups" folder, not the settings folder.
I should really get around to re-doing this pack in a state that works with current versions of LFS. Never seem have the time though!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :In addition, put the setups in the "setups" folder, not the settings folder.

I DID put them in the setups folder. It was a typo.

I'll try to change the file names.
Quote from Bob Smith :I should really get around to re-doing this pack in a state that works with current versions of LFS. Never seem have the time though!

Can you do the drag pack too? I really enjoy a good drag race with your set.
Quote from Bob Smith :I should really get around to re-doing this pack in a state that works with current versions of LFS. Never seem have the time though!

I hope anyday you do a new pack, I love your setups for cruise servers

Do it asap. Please. Your sets are really very good.
I'll make a point to get them re-done for new years.
Well, I won't have the pack ready by the end of the year (trying to be sociable ) but I have started, so in the next day or two.

Sit back and enjoy the ride...
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG